Start by marking “Sacrifice (Dylan Hart Odyssey of the Occult, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sacrifice (Dylan Hart Odyssey of the Occult, #3)

Sacrifice (Dylan Hart Odyssey of the Occult #3)

Dylan has found herself in quite the conundrum. Locked in her apartment with an unknown voodoo beastie hot on her tail. She's tits deep in death and it's knocking down her door. Literally.

Endless Night left you with your heart pounding and your stomach in your butt. Sacrifice will flip you upside down and take you on a ride that will leave your knees quivering and your he
Paperback, 1, 262 pages
Published May 17th 2014 by Mac Gille Mhur (first published February 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrifice

Shona Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
I straight up loved this book. There was so much going on the story was constantly moving so you didn't have a chance to get bored in between big scenes, because everything felt like a big scene. I honestly did not want to put this down for anything for fear that I would miss something important. With the non stop action I started to feel like Dylan, anxious and a teeny bit scared. OK so maybe not exactly like Dylan but close enough.

One of my favourite things about this book? The addition of Mik
Tara Dawn (Colourful WordWench)
WOW! JUST FUCKING WOW!
I am so blown away right now I don't really know what to say. I can't really say much without giving away the story but I will say these few things.

After finally making it through her endless night Dylan has another one to endure. The majority of this book takes place over a 24 hr period. she doesn't sleep during that either but she does get knocked out.

when she finally makes it back from NOLA only to have been chased down metaphysically and chased and tortured by Azelie
Cindy Barton
Feb 04, 2014 Cindy Barton rated it it was amazing
I have had the privilege of reading Sacrifice before it is actually published and thought it was awesome!!!! Ms. Gilmore forces the reader's mind into the world of the occult. What do you believe, what is real? Who are friends and who are foes? Those are some of the questions you will have to ask yourself. New Orleans is filled with dark secrets and when you put yourself in the middle of them, you better keep a good head on your shoulders, you'll need it. Come on, join us on this ride, I dare ...more
Deb Carroll
Jan 02, 2015 Deb Carroll rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I have been waiting for this book! I have had the pleasure of getting as ARC before it comes out in February! I knew there would be twists and turns but I was in awe of how everything came together!

First let me just say I love having a strong female character! Dylan Hart is everything real that a woman can be. She is smart, sassy, has a wicked mouth on her, is her own person, she is not scared to be who she is, she can admit when she is a dumb ass and she owns her own butt sweat!

I really want
Caissy Boudreau
Feb 04, 2014 Caissy Boudreau rated it it was amazing
OMFG... I loved the first 2 books. this book beats them completely. it is no stop throughout the entire book. i had a really hard time putting this one down. it is oh so good. dylan goes through more mind blowing shit in this one. A MUST READ!!!! i really hope their is more in this series. Awesome job RM Gilmore.
Nicki
Feb 04, 2014 Nicki rated it it was amazing
Dylan Hart isn't your typical heroine. She isn't a skilled fighter. She's a self-described "fat-ass" and has a mouth that is constantly getting her into trouble. In a genre where most of our leading ladies are tall, beautiful, and can ram a dagger through a heart in the blink of an eye, Dylan Hart doesn't have all the answers and regularly makes mistakes that she has to pay for, sometimes in horrific and painful ways. I applaud the author for giving us a character who behaves as most of us ...more
Peggy Frese
Jan 25, 2014 Peggy Frese rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Donna Bossert
I received an Advance Reader Copy prior to the release of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Oh my goodness! Is Dylan Hart one strong, feisty, determined woman, or what? The answer is yes she is. She is a buxom beauty that has the mouth of a sailor and the determination of a bulldog. She has come face to face with evil that no one wants to ever see. This book is the third in the series and it won’t be the last. *wink* If you have not previously read the first two books in this s
Siobhan
Jul 16, 2014 Siobhan rated it it was amazing
Okay, so I'm going to be totally honest here... I finished the book late last night and really wanted to review it right then and there. But it was past my bedtime. And now, I have been sitting here for almost 30 minutes trying to think of what to say. This book is amazing and I don't want to give anything away (and yet, I want to tell you everything!) So here it goes...

I had the honor (and I do mean honor) of reading this as an ARC reader (see, contests do have great prizes sometimes!) I devou
Tonya
Apr 12, 2015 Tonya rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to be able to read this book before it's release. I love Dylan Hart and her tubby ass. Where to start with this review. Wow, it was amazing. She's thrown her fat ass right back into the occult scene in New Orleans. This book picks up right where Endless Night leaves off basically. She has an evil voodoo witch after her. Will she survive it with the help of pretty underwear model Cyrus and the hot ex of hers, detective Mike? Full of twists and turns, some questions answered, ...more
Julia Mills
Feb 04, 2014 Julia Mills rated it it was amazing
RM Gilmore has done it AGAIN!!! Sacrifice is irreverent, crass, in your face, laugh out loud funny and scary as hell all wrapped in the ONE TRUE BAD ASS BITCH!!! This series is a MUST!!! Grab your copy and buckle up baby, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!!

RM GILMORE YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!
Bex 'n' Books
Feb 05, 2014 Bex 'n' Books rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bex-s-review
R.M. Gilmore has truly out done herself in her latest instalment of her sassy Dylan Hart series. To put it simply, I loved Sacrifice, so darn much. My stomach is still funny - nervous excitement I assume, if not I just may need to fart. It is everything I hoped it would be and so much more.

I was left a little shell shocked by the events of Sacrifice, but I think it was an amazing turn of events! How the story unfolds will really impact on the kick-ass heroine, Dylan, massively so and I think thi
Stacey
Feb 13, 2014 Stacey rated it it was amazing
I can proudly say I cheated
I was a very lucky girl and got to beta read this book
Ms. Gilmore forces the reader's mind into the world that you can't imagine .
What do you believe, what is real? Who are friends and who are the enemy .
Those are some of the questions you will have to ask yourself.
New Orleans ( I need to go now ) .
Secret that are very dark can take you place you don't want to go , I think keeping a straight head is going to be almost impossible .
Sit down buckle up and get ready for
Charisse
Feb 23, 2014 Charisse rated it it was amazing
For those familiar with the series: Naked Cyrus!! Nuff said.
For everyone else: Sacrifice, book 3 of this series doesn't disappoint. Dylan is not you average girl. She is a self-proclaimed fat*ss with a bad mouth and attitude to match. She is always getting herself into all kinds of mess but this time she has two, yes TWO hot guys trying to get into her pants and willing to risk life and limb to help her out of it (the trouble not her pants).
Feb 20, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing
RM Gilmore has done it again. Given us a great action packed twist turning edge of your seat book. I thought the first two were great this one beats it by far. For every answer you get there is another question which makes me happy because that means there are more books to come. <3 Dylan hart and RM Gilmore. Cant wait to see what happens next.
Kristina Bonham
Dec 29, 2014 Kristina Bonham rated it it was amazing
Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, what have you gotten yourself into? This book had me holding my breath, scared, mad and even crying. My heart broke but I so look forward to the next book. I cannot wait to see the path that Dylan takes.
Janna Ward
Oct 02, 2014 Janna Ward rated it it was amazing
I cannot get enough of this series. I love the action the love triangle and everything in between. I cannot wait til book 4 comes out!!
Salina Renee
Feb 23, 2014 Salina Renee rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Cannot wait until the next one!
Donna
May 26, 2014 Donna rated it it was amazing
How is it even possible? I went into this book expecting to enjoy it every bit as much as I did The Scene and Endless Night. What I didn't expect was what RM Gilmore delivered in this third installment of the Dylan Hart Odyssey of the Occult Series. This book rocked my socks off! I was completely blown away with the turns this story took.

It picks up right where Endless Night left off - with headless dead girls busting down Dylan's door, courtesy of one pissed off voodoo priestess, Azelie, and it
Mike
Oct 18, 2015 Mike rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 201503, 2015-5star
How do you top the last two books in the Odyssey of the Occult series? With this story right here is how! Stepping right back into the action of Endless Night we find Dylan, over her head, out of options, and crazy enough to jump out of the frying pan and right into the fire for the people she cares about!

Love love love Dylan, poor self-deprecating, foul mouth, no-filter-what-so-ever Dylan. My biggest frustration with her though is almost everything throughout this series has been more of a reac
Dawn
May 25, 2015 Dawn rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

I always enjoy RM Gilmore’s stories. Her character, Dylan Hart, is unique. She’s opinionated, foul-mouthed, and stubborn but she has a heart of gold

Sacrifice picks up where Endless Night left off. It is nonstop action and continual sexual tension between Dylan and two men (she never does anything in a small way). And, of course, Dylan still can’t keep her mouth shut even if it might get her killed.

RM Gilmore has a great sense of humor. Eve
Colleen Everly
Jun 12, 2014 Colleen Everly rated it it was amazing
Awesome Read! I loved how this book along with the first two were full of humor, scariness, paranormal, and sexual tension. I loved how horny Dylan was all through the books and never got taken care of, it made for some pretty funny situations. I loved it when she called Cyrus Cryptic McAssholeton. I felt so bad for Dylan toward the end but you'll have to read why. Very scary and heart wrenching.I still don't know for sure what Cyrus is. Hopefully the author will give me more hints in book 4. ...more
Claire Thake
The third installment of the lovely Dylan Hart! and I wasnt disappointed, infact I devoured this book in one night! The story is constantly flowing and you dont want to put it down, even though some parts are emotional to read. I loved how Mike had a bigger presence in this book and found myself very torn between who I felt would be better for Dylan, the exciting Cyrus or the 'safe' Mike!

This book was full of twists and turns and I didnt want it to end! I was very excited when I realised there
Ashley Nicole Poteet
Jan 01, 2015 Ashley Nicole Poteet rated it it was amazing
+++PROFANITY IS IN THIS REVIEW+++

It's been a crazy train since book 1 and I can't get enough of Bad Ass Dylan Hart! She is the baddest Bitch I know lol. Her and her band of friends have taken me on a ride of laughter, weird and well a little bit of sorrow. Book 3 is definitely a must read, but read the first 2 books first! Book 3 picks up with Dylan returning from crazy town and is in a race to rid her life of white dead bitches! Dylan will never be same and neither will her life!
Ashley
Feb 29, 2016 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Well shit. This one was crazy. Dylan got herself in a pickle with a voodoo lady. A lot goes down and it gets jam packed at the end. A little sad and pretty funny and some darkness. Definitely getting a little darker as they go. Love this series and Dylan!!
TheWriter
May 18, 2014 TheWriter rated it it was amazing
Holy freakin Moly!!!!!! Where did this book come from?!?!?! Amazing so much happened I'm still in shock! This is a definite must read! I can't say one thing without giving away another, just read the freakin book it's AWESOME!!!!
Jul 10, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I did not see that coming. So many unanswered questions but I know it's far from over and I'm eagerly awaiting the next book! Dylan Hart is the shiznit!
Donna Schubert
Donna Schubert rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2014
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2014
Bobbye Sloan
Bobbye Sloan rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2014
Dylan 6 7 Dec 16, 2013 04:36PM
Voodoo, Witches and Vampires! Oh My! 5 5 Nov 27, 2013 10:50AM
throwbacks 3 7 Nov 27, 2013 08:31AM
  • Dying To Live & Fighting To Live - Double Edition
  • Blood Ties
  • Starblind (Starblind #1)
  • Claiming What's His (What's His, #1)
  • Paranormal Anthology with a Twist
  • The Memory Thief
  • Karma (Drag.Me.To.Hell, #1)
  • A Sweet Affair (Atlanta Affair, #2)
  • Savior (Keepers of Hell, #1)
  • Locks: Rapunzel Unhinged
  • Guarded Heart
  • Heart You (Roommate Romance, #1)
  • Damned if I Do (The Harker Trilogy #1)
  • The Revenger
  • Deeper (The Deeper Chronicles #1)
  • Pool of Crimson (Blushing Death #1)
R.M. Gilmore is a paranormal and mystery/suspense writer and creator of the bestselling occult series Dylan Hart Odyssey of the Occult.
R.M. resides in California with her family and a ton of pets. Choosing to behave 'outside the box', R.M. prefers to think and live freely without the constraints of social stigma or the ideals of literary rules. That being said, she truly is not your mother's auth
More about R.M. Gilmore...

Dylan Hart Odyssey of the Occult (5 books)
  • The Scene (Dylan Hart Odyssey of the Occult, #1)
  • Endless Night (Dylan Hart Odyssey of The Occult, #2)
  • Forsaken (Dylan Hart Odyssey of the Occult, #4)
  • Bound (Dylan Hart Odyssey of The Occult #5)