Start by marking “Marilyn Monroe” as Want to Read:

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  215 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In 1952 went on assignment to photograph Marilyn Monroe for Esquire magazine. According to Arnold's recollections, the now-legendary film actress was captivating and the photographs were a success. Their relationship, which started as one of mutual advantage, developed into a friendship and, over the course of ten years, Arnold and Marilyn met for six other photography ses ...more
Published September 1st 2005 by Harry N. Abrams (first published July 12th 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Marilyn Monroe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marilyn Monroe

Dead Wrong by Richard BelzerBlonde by Joyce Carol OatesGoddess by Anthony SummersMy Story by Marilyn MonroeMarilyn Monroe by Barbara Leaming
17th out of 33 books — 39 voters
Marilyn, ma soeur by Berniece Baker MiraclePersonal Property of Marilyn Monroe by Marilyn MonroeJoe and Marilyn by C. David HeymannMarilyn by George BarrisMarilyn Monroe by Michelle Morgan
Magnifique Marilyn Monroe
23rd out of 29 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Jennie
Being a Marilyn fan, I was excited to see photographs of her taken by Eve Arnold; not just because she is a woman, but because the pics were of a more natural, candid nature. Aside from some lovely shots of her in a summer dress and on the set of the Misfits, there are some details tacked on (she ate alot of cottage cheese) Eve captures the natural moments of solitude, personal grooming and joking around with her co-stars that was cool to see. The author notes that some of this lap-sitting and m ...more
Stefanie
AMAZING. Eve Arnold is a favorite photojournalist of mine. I am always in awe when viewing her work and find myself always going back to it. If you are a Marilyn fan as well as a photography fan...This is for your viewing pleasure.
Tatyana
I am a huge Marilyn Monroe fan, and getting to know more about her life from a journalist who actually came in contact with her was a great experience. This hardcover is also emotional, and it definitely put Marilyn to her best :)
Julie Ivens
Eve Arnold, who just passed away earlier this year, had a friendship with Marilyn over the years and many of the intimate cozy photos in here speak to their bond. Did I say that correctly? One of the best Marilyn Monroe photo books. The other is Milton's Marilyn by Milton H. Greene.
Michael Mayer
I love this book but because of the time when most of these photos were taken (just before her death) it is a very sad book. There is a more recent edition of this book by Eve Arnold which I bought as well.
Michael Mayer
My second favorite collection of Marilyn Monroe photographs. Also very sad because many were taken on the set of the Misfits towards the end of her life.
Tamara!
Beautiful book, wonderful photos. I received this book for my birthday a few years ago from my sister and we both enjoyed it.
Tara
Eve Arnold is one of my favourite Monroe photographers and her accompanying text is also very insightful.
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Haratsi
Haratsi marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Harry Tomos
Harry Tomos marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Ari
Ari marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Love Douglas
Love Douglas marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Nora Williams
Nora Williams marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Ellice Defranco
Ellice Defranco marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Drieli
Drieli marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Kalynn
Kalynn marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Trinity Wilson
Trinity Wilson marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Deven Grace
Deven Grace marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Susanne
Susanne marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Rachel Reardon
Rachel Reardon marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Mira
Mira marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014