Start by marking “Carter Reed (Carter Reed, #1)” as Want to Read:
Carter Reed (Carter Reed, #1)

Carter Reed (Carter Reed #1)

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  23,737 Ratings  ·  2,163 Reviews
Emma decided to skip the gym and went home early. It was the last easy decision she made because she found her roommate being raped by her boyfriend. She had two choices. Call the cops and be killed by his family’s mafia connections or kill him first and hope to survive. There was no choice to her. She killed the bastard first and went to the one person who could protect h ...more
Published September 28th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Carter Reed, please sign up.

Sempre by J.M. DarhowerCrow's Row by Julie HockleyBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireCaptive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsMonster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower
Best Mafia/Mob Romance Books
9th out of 461 books — 2,589 voters
Bound by Honor by Cora ReillyRuthless People by J.J. McAvoyBound by Duty by Cora ReillyMonster in His Eyes by J.M. DarhowerBound by Hatred by Cora Reilly
Best Mob/Mafia Novels
10th out of 189 books — 701 voters

More lists with this book...

Aestas Book Blog
Sep 19, 2013 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
To be released Sept 30

TEASER:

"Tell me what happened." His plea was so soft.

I broke. This wasn't the stranger anymore. This was Carter, the boy I had grown up with. I flung my arms around him and pulled him down. Instead of fighting, I clung to him now.

He wrapped his arms around me and rolled to his side. He patted my back and tucked his head into the crook of my neck and shoulder. I felt his lips brush there as he repeated, "You have to tell me. I won't hurt you. I will protect you."
Christy
Apr 20, 2015 Christy rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Christy by: Jacqueline's Reads
5 Carter Reed stars!

photo 577978e9-0e21-4304-85e4-3323ec569596_zps684ae7f4.jpg

She’s done it again… I’ve been Tijaned a second time around. I’ve read a few of Tijan’s books and all of them have that addictive quality. Once you start reading, you don’t want to put the book down. Carter Reed took up my entire day. I didn’t plan on listening to an audio book for 7+ hours that evening, but I just couldn’t stop. It’s safe to say that Carter is my new favorite Tijan boy (sorry Jesse). I’ve had this book sitting on my kindle since release day and I’m so happy
Imy♥♥
Oct 05, 2013 Imy♥♥ rated it it was ok
 photo what.gif

Okay let me start by saying that I've had the pleasure of reading great books by Tijan before. Carter Reed however, didn't live up to my expectations.

We're first introduced to Emma. Who happens to arrive home early one day to find her room mate being raped, by her own boyfriend.
Emma only has seconds to make a decision - 1. Call the cops, and be killed by his family's mafia connections, or - 2. Kill him and hope for the best.
She of course picks #2. (I probably would too)
After all is said and done
Debra
Jan 12, 2014 Debra rated it really liked it

4 PASSIONATE AND ACTION-PACKED STARS.

After having read a few of Tijan's previous NA series, I'd already become a fan of her work and typical writing style. So, when I read the synopsis of Carter Reed and discovered that it was going to be something very different than most of her previous work, I was very curious and anxious to find out how the story would turn out. Needless to say, my expectations were very high, and I can honestly say, the story did not disappoint. But maybe my expectations
Anja
Sep 02, 2016 Anja rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish

DNF 65%

But after reading one of the worst love scenes ever, I just couldn't go on. THERE WAS NO CHEMISTRY AT ALL BETWEEN THE HERO AND THE HEROINE!!!!

The only good thing about this book? Its cover. That's all I have to say. SORRY :(
Beverly
Dec 08, 2014 Beverly rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Beverly by: Christy
5 Carter was lethal Stars

I was having lunch with my bestie and had told her how crazy it was that I had never read a book by Tijan. After she picked her jaw up off the floor she said, “I would declare war for Carter Reed.” She was completely serious and said it with such passion. After I stopped laughing I asked her what it was about. She said a mob book and brother’s best friend and I was sold. I started this audiobook in my car on the way home and was hooked.

The story begins with Emma witness
Kristen
GUILTY PLEASURE READ AND NOTHING MORE!!!

Another addictive read by an author I can't seem to get enough of. Like I've said before, her books are my addiction, my crack, and my exception. They will always be 5-star reads for me.

Having said that, I will say this is my least favorite of her books (my favorite is Broken and Screwed 2). Tijan's plots are always a bit convoluted and disjointed, but this book took things to a whole new level. My goodness! I spent the majority of this book with what I
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Sep 30, 2013 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it it was amazing
Jointly reviewed for :http://totallybookedblog.com/

description

Jenny: So this is the first time ever that we have marked a book to read based solely on a cover. Hey, don’t judge us. Have you seen that cover? Yep, this was one book we were dying to read and it would be an understatement to say it didn’t let us down, wouldn’t it G?

I absolutely LOVED Carter Reed. I was hooked from the first page and my life pretty much went on hold until I turned that last page. I was completely absorbed in every word of this
Catarina
4,5 Sexy Badass Stars!

description

Emma did something very bad (and dangerous) in order to save her best-friend.
But now she is a target to the one of the most powerful Mafia families and she needs some kind of protection and there’s only one person she knows that she can give that to her: Carter Reed.

description

Carter Reed was her brother’s best-friend that joined the rival Mafia family in order to revenge Emma’s brother murder. Now he is a dangerous professional badass that made a huge fortune working to the mafia
Zakirrah BookBlogger
Sep 11, 2014 Zakirrah BookBlogger rated it really liked it
"You're mine, Emma. You always have been. I won't let you go.”

Fantastic book with a gripping storyline, dark, gritty, filled with action, twists and danger. Sooo to all you action lovers this one is for you! It kinds of has a bit of everything in it, it is hot, heartbreaking, heart racing, action-filled and much more.

What would you do if you caught your roommates boyfriend raping her? What if it was you next?

When Emma walks into her apartment having skipped going to the gym her day goes from
Vilda
Rating: 4,5 stars

Omg, this book was exactly what I needed! It might not have been perfect editing-wise at all times (it had some repetitions and other things I noticed), but it was definitely not enough to stop me from absolutely loving it. In fact, I happily overlooked it while frantically turning the pages to find out more! I was hooked from page one and if RL hadn't interrupted, I would have sat there and finished it in one sitting.

I loved the story, the characters (especially Carter, serious
It's just me Shelly B
Nov 26, 2013 It's just me Shelly B rated it really liked it
Shelves: mob-ties
Carter Reed.....YUMMMMMMM

Carter is affiliated with mob and I don't mean loosely affiliated he's the REAL DEAL!!!! When Emma finds herself in a bad situation I say BAD lightly because what I really mean is murder, she needed help and that came in the fabulous package of Carter Reed!!!

“You did all of that for me? I would declare war for you.”

They have known each other since they were children he was her brother's best friend. However it's been years since she's seen the enigmatic Carter. What will
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 22, 2014 Jennifer Kyle rated it liked it
Recommended to Jennifer by: Beverly
”I would declare war for you.”

description

This story started off with a bang but thereafter was missing something. Perhaps a better back story or Carter's pov from the past? The I love Yous felt like they were out of nowhere for where these two were and are with one another. It could be that added depth from the characters was needed but I just wasn’t connected with the two main characters in the slightest.

Emma is on the run after killing a mobster and goes to her deceased brother’s best friend Carter Re
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Oct 01, 2013 J *deep in the heart of Texas* rated it really liked it
4.5--I Couldn't Stop Reading--Stars!!!

This one really starts with a bang!! *pun intended* Emma walks in on her roomate Mallory getting raped by her boyfriend with mafia connections and decides to take matters in to her own hands.

Freaking out and on the run, Emma and her roomate Mallory end up at their friend Ben's house. Trying to find a way out the mess, Emma turns to Carter Reed...childhood friend, BFF to her dead brother AJ and aka The Cold Killer. Carter Reed has his own mafia ties....to th
Anna
internal debate begins ...... I loved Carter Reed's character but hmmmmmm I'm missing that something something.

review to come <3333
Loyda
Apr 30, 2015 Loyda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
My very first Tijan book and now I'm addicted, will never look back lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wow first book I've read from this author and I am in love! I can't believe I am just now reading this. I've had it on my TBR and just never had time to start this. I am so glad I did. Loved it from the first chapter. This book has everything I look in books. Plenty of suspense, action, love and the fact that I have no idea what's happening next just keeps me going. Emma was a great character I really loved how thought and
Jacqueline's Reads
Excerpt and more posted HERE

5 Dangerous Stars

Carter was lethal. His body was craved and molded to perfection.

I loved Carter Reed. From start to finish, it was everything I look for in an alpha-damsel-in-distress read. If you like what I like, then you will love this book. It’s also has the same feel to Killing Sarai (to me at least)

NOW, I have to put that big fat Disclaimer - > This book has received a lot of 4 star reviews. Let me tell you why this book isn’t a home run for everyone. I
Wendy'sThoughts
Sometimes I get carried away by all of the excitement generated by status updates. Little teases of quotes from the characters dot my update page calling out to me... “see how that sounds... enticing... sexy... "

I will make an instant buy and go for it.
This was that type of purchase. The cover was hot.
The tease from my friends, more than hot.
Click clicked and started the read.

My first impression was positive... I was duly shocked by the opening scene. Dramatic things were happening and I got the
Camaro

Oh... why?? Why?? Did I have to jump on the Carter Reed bandwagon just because I saw somewhere that a sequel was coming up soon? I steered clear of this book when it first came out two years ago, despite all the hype because my gut kept telling me to stay away.

Now two years later, my reckless, impressionable self throws herself all in, without bothering to check any reviews first and judge whether it was going to be worth my while.

Well, in short, this book was just... weird...

The st
Lelyana
Sep 14, 2014 Lelyana rated it did not like it
Buddy read with Audrey Thunder

Audrey was being coward, she escaped her 'responsibility' to finished this! LOL

Let me tell you this.
During the reading, this main character, Emma, given me a headache. Twice. Twice of migraine.
She was so annoying. Drama queen, too demanding, pushy, and acted like a spoiled little princess when it comes to Carter's "service".
I mean...c'mon...you'd killed people, you abandoned your stressful friends, and let them hunted by the mob, while you're looking for a shelter
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Oct 02, 2013 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it it was amazing
Carter Reed by Tijan

5 stars!!

“This,” he growled in a whisper against my lips. “This is what I wanted that night. I couldn’t help myself and I had to taste you, but tonight is the night I really have you. You’re mine, Emma. You always have been.”

Tijan has done it again, this author has never failed me. I absolutely loved this book and I absolutely adore Carter Reed. Seriously, you could not help but fall in love with this man.

Emma has been on her own for a while, when she was younger she was shuf
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
4.5 Carter Reed Stars!

"You did all of that for me?"
"I would declare war for you."

I have enjoyed Tijan's stories in the past and this one was no exception.

Just reading from the first chapter alone, I know it's going to be good. The blurb pretty much revealed that. I know going in what was going to happen but boy, the way it was written was just fantastic. Every emotion that Emma was feeling was so tangible. It felt like I was there myself watching all those horrible things as they unfold.

Emma
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
I am in such a blissful book hangover!! This is my fifth book by Tijan and what she promises, she delivers with a bang! It’s been three days since I’ve read it and I couldn’t even bring myself to start another…I’m just so consumed by the characters, the romance, the plot and the setting---> LOVE the whole dangerous, mysterious, sexy mafia background!! Seriously, is there anything this author can’t write?!?!

description

The opening scene literally stole my breath. And not in a “oh my gosh, it’s sooo beaut
Vishous
Dear Carter,

I am writing you this letter in hope you will read it on time! I need your help! I need you to be my savior!
No, I am not in life threatening situations like Emma is, I did not kill anybody connected to mafia, but still I crave you to be my knight in shiny armor, to come and swoop me and take us to our HEA!

You can lock me and boss me all you want, I will never say no to you.
Expecting your arrival at midnight under that tree in my hometowns garden where I first laid my eyes on you and
Elizabeth
Dec 14, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Carter Reed begins with a bang. It is a book that sucks you in right from the first page and doesn't release it's hold on you until the last word is read. Damn, I love a good book with action, romance, and lots of steam!

Emma comes home and finds her roommate being raped by her so called "boyfriend". Emma is no stranger to violence and she arms herself and takes action.

"We should call the police, but no—I had killed someone. No, I had killed Jeremy Dunvan. We couldn’t call anyone."

Emma realizes r
Stacey
Oct 08, 2013 Stacey rated it it was amazing
"You don't trust anyone, no one except Carter. Go to Carter. He'll take care of everything. He'll take care of you, Ems. I promise."

One of the last things Emma's brother AJ told her, before he was killed, was to trust no one but Carter. If she was in trouble, she should go to Carter. But it's been 10 years since AJ died. 10 years since she's seen Carter. In those 10 years Carter has changed. Beyond being absolutely gorgeous, Carter Reed has become a killer. He slaughtered all who were responsibl
Ana {The Good Gif Fairy}
Another one bites the dust. And another one gone, and another one gone...

photo tumblr_lpw8rcXVls1qdslbvo1_500_zpsjfljlvye.gif

Sorry, got a little carried away. This is going to be short and sweet- like me. (Except I'm tall and this is not so sweet).

photo giphy_zpswhkjuxnf.gif

I could not finish the book. My main problem was the heroine, I just couldn't stand her. She's one of those girls that can't make up their minds and constantly argue with themselves over everything. I don't know what her forte is, but it's not rational thinking.

photo post-200-image-6_zpsxtesilu8.gif

photo tumblr_lrdz7uCkOT1qcvkpto2_500_zpsbrj3epp7.gif

The novel was filled with cheesy lin
Andreea Pop
Andreea is not impressed. Andreea is fucking angry, disappointed and downright frustrated.

What's up with that rating average? And how is it possible that this book has so many 5-star reviews that fangirl over the awesomeness that is Carter Reed? I wanted to be one of those fangirls that couldn't stop gushing about it, but I ended up wondering IF I EVEN READ THE SAME BOOK. Prepare for a lot of shouty capitals, ranting and exasperating quotes. Bare with me here, because I might need therapy.

Le
MelissaB
The heroine in this book really ruined it for me. She was annoying and her emotions were all over the place. She was constantly gasping or gulping or fainting or crying. She seemed immature for her age and had an annoying habit of rushing in and trying to "help" in situations where she was just in danger. The writing itself needed some improvement, the characters weren't fleshed out all that well and I wanted more details on the backstory especially of the main couple.

On the good side, I though
Rachel Emma
Rachel Emma marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
Fallen Into Tijan...: Carter Reed (Carter Reed #1) 1 8 Nov 08, 2015 07:16PM
Book similar to this? 11 577 Aug 04, 2015 10:24AM
Who else loved this book.? 18 228 Feb 04, 2015 06:17AM
Addicted to Tijan...: Carter Reed 1 18 Nov 18, 2014 12:57PM
The Challenge Fac...: Vicci Audio Nerd, Kristin & Ezi - Carter Reed 124 22 Oct 01, 2014 05:22AM
Some Like It Hot!: Carter Reed..... Reading now have a question 10 122 Dec 13, 2013 08:18AM
  • The Devil's Revenge (The Devil's Eyes, #2)
  • Unforgivable (Untouchable, #2)
  • The Missing Link (Marked, #1)
  • Sempre: Redemption (Sempre, #2)
  • Seize Me (Breakneck, #1)
  • Brutally Beautiful (Beautiful, #1)
  • Raising Ryann (Bad Boy Reformed, #1)
  • Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness, #2)
  • Among the Echoes (Wrecked and Ruined, #2.5)
  • Phoenix
  • Blind Obsession
  • American Savages (Ruthless People, #3)
  • Awakening the Mobster (Mobster, #2)
  • Saving Ella (Mercy's Angels, #1)
  • Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
  • Axel (Corps Security, #1)
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)

Carter Reed (2 books)
  • Carter Reed 2 (Carter Reed, #2)

“(Carter): "I've been protecting you since I joined the Mauricio family. You were why I joined them in the first place."

(Emma): "You did all that for me?"

(Carter): "I would declare war for you.”
103 likes