Start by marking “Eramane (Eramane Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Eramane (Eramane Saga, #1)

Eramane (Eramane Trilogy #1)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  19 reviews
In the village of Eludwid, seventeen-year-old Eramane Fahnestock goes about her life, cheerfully disregarding a prophecy made to her parents that she would have a great gift. Not yet wed and beset with boredom, Eramane cannot shake the feeling that something exciting awaits her beyond Eludwid. But when she is invited to picnic with a handsome young suitor, Eramane has no i ...more
Published 2013 by Archway Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Eramane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eramane

Unearthly by Cynthia HandLove's Forbidden Flower by Diane RinellaFallen by Lauren KateNightshade by Andrea CremerRemembrance by Michelle Madow
Absolutely Beautiful Girls on the Cover
256th out of 354 books — 342 voters
Witchstruck by Victoria LambThe White Aura by Felicia TatumThe Vessel by Felicia TatumStardust by Neil GaimanTake Care, Sara by Lindy Zart
Next Ten Books To Read
111th out of 153 books — 80 voters

More lists with this book...

Frankie Ash
Nov 09, 2014 Frankie Ash added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: young-adult
Eramane (Eramane Trilogy, #1) by Frankie Ash is the first book in The Eramane Trilogy. I began writing it over ten years ago, and I'm so stoked that it's finally published!
Eramane is a seventeen-year-old girl who seems to have it all: a well-to-do family, a loving older brother, a handsome suitor. Her story, the thread behind the plot, is what kept me writing through the years, when at times I thought the story would stay a forgotten file on my PC. But, during the decade, moments of an undeniable need to write Eramane's story would arise
Heather
I won this book through a Goodreads giveaway.

This is a YA fantasy book. I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I enjoyed it and it's fast pace movement. This is a good book for any young reader who may not have to much time for reading. Eramane is a great Heroine and i may just have to read the second book. I normally don't read YA but will be saving this for my daughter when she is older.
Bella
My rating for this one is 3.5 and that’s only because I just could not get into this one. I don’t know why I could not get into it I think it was a little choppy in the start but it did get better. I did enjoy the writing style of Ash. But I have to say I liked the fantasy world this one was set in, Ash really did a great job setting it up and making me feel like I stepped into this one.

Reading both Eramane and her brothers viewpoints helped too because sometimes Erammane was not as interesting
Jo
So it turns out that I know the author (who kindly provided me a free copy in exchange for an honest review), however, I was 90% finished with the book and already formed my conclusions before she revealed that we knew each other. She is a delightful woman who has written a wonderful book. Eramane is full of complex characteristics - being strong one minute and the next being vulnerable.

The sibling love is well done, although there were times when Samiah needed a good shake for being so reckles
Michelle
I participated in a book blitz for Eramane a while back and I read some excerpts from the book and knew that it was something that I wanted to read. I love the world building that fantasy books can provide. I think it is like an imaginations wonderland in fantasy. I love to see what the author can come up with, and Frankie Ash did not disappoint. The village and the mysterious mountaintop were equally detailed for me. I got a real feeling of the setting in this book. At first we are just dropped ...more
Kaitlyn
3.5 stars.

I had the opportunity to meet the lovely Frankie Ash while we were both attending a book signing in VA. We started talking about books, and she mentioned that she'd just had a book published recently, then kindly offered me a copy! She even signed it for me. She was very sweet and I enjoyed getting to meet and talk to her. So I was very excited to start reading Eramane.

I really enjoyed this book. I like the fantasy world it's set in and how it's explored. I appreciated the description
Frankie Ash
Dec 06, 2013 Frankie Ash added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Eramane is the first book in The Eramane Trilogy. I began writing it over ten years ago, and I'm so stoked that it's finally published!
Alice Cat
My stars: 4.5

REVIEW
What’s the story?
“We belong to each other now,” the beast declares as

it grabs my limp body and takes me up into the darkness.”
― Frankie Ash, Eramane

***Insert here music of Carl Orff ***

This is the first installment of 3 books that has the Eramane series , If you read my reviews you know that usually in this type of series I think this first book is where you put the cards on the table and you know most of the characters that accompany you on this voyage . Eramane also applies
Jessica Nicole

Pages: 242

Check it out:Good Reads | Barnes and Noble | Books-A-Million | Indiebound

Synopsis:

LeeWhedon
I won this book through a GoodReads First Reads giveaway! I am so glad I did!
Eramane, the main character in the book, is a seventeen year old girl trying to live as normal life as she can despite the fact that her parents were told that she would have a 'great gift'.
Despite this prediction, Eramane feels like there is something more, perhaps something bigger awaiting her outside of her village.
However, everything changes one night. Will Eramane be forced to use her great gift afterall?
Gripping.
Emily
Dec 14, 2014 Emily marked it as to-read
I really want to read this!
Monica
I got this book four days ago, read it once, and have started it again. It's not a lengthy read (234 pgs.)but it's crammed with lots of action. I like the way it unfolds, once it does (and it does quickly)...it's on. There is romance, but it's not overdone and it doesn't overshadow the story. Since it's the first in a new series, I am hoping that the second book will be a little bit longer.
Lexie
Nov 23, 2013 Lexie added it
Shelves: dnf, review-copy
Guys I tried so hard to enjoy this book. I really did, but there was no coherent thought process at all. Ash uses info dumps, over simplification, and stilted conversation to tell the story. I genuinely want to know what's up with Adikiah, the baby from the beginning, Eramane's future and what it all means...but I just can not continue.
Clarissa Facundo
Overall this book was good but there were some parts that I didn't like. This book was to fast and in the end the fight with Adikiah was just to short. I expected the fight to be longer. However I did like all the characters especially Ermanes brother. I really enjoyed reading this book.
Rhonda
I thought I knew where this story would be going. It's one of those, "I never saw that coming"!! It's gripping, intense, and full of unexpected events. It's a great read!! If the next one is anything like this one..it's going to be a movie.
Nicole
I expected the book to be a bit creepy but it scared me more then I thought it would. The story was interesting and has a lot that can be worked with.

I wish the author had expanded upon Eramane and her character more. I still feel like I do not really know her.

I had problems with the writing at times when movements were implied and I am not a fan of that style.

It held my interest enough that I would be like to read the second book when it comes out.
Gwen
In many ways this book started out great, with wonderful imagery and story telling. However, the further I read into the book, the more the chapters fell into more of an outline of a book, rather than telling a complete story. I wanted the author to explain more, or go more in depth on certain parts. . and so some chapters fell flat. Overall originality won.

I recieved this book through Goodreads giveaways. In no way does this effect my personal review.
Marissa Mcdaniel
Eramane was a good book just not my kind of book. I couldn't fall into it as much as I would have loved to but that may have been because I didn't have enough time in the day to immerse myself in the pages. I wish I could have liked the book more.
N.E. White
Can't rate this because I didn't finish it. There's a lot going for this, but not my style.
Incomplete-sentence
Incomplete-sentence marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Hiba Fatima
Hiba Fatima marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Angela
Angela added it
Dec 21, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Sandra "Jeanz"
Sandra "Jeanz" marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Manoushka
Manoushka marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Makaylah Turner
Makaylah Turner marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Jacquesworth
Jacquesworth marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Erin Arkin
Erin Arkin marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
  • Keeper of Reign
  • Bayward Heart (Cascade Brides, #2)
  • The Scandalous Ward (Sweet Deception Regency #4)
  • Finding Sheba (An Omar Zagouri Thriller)
  • Aundes Aura
  • The Practical Guide to Happiness, If You Don't Like How You're Feeling, Think Again
  • Starchild: The City of Souls (Starchild, #2)
  • Osteoblasts to the Rescue: An Imaginative Journey Through the Skeletal System
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • Fallen
  • Kiss Me, I'm Yours (Tennessee Waltz, #2)
  • The Iron Locket (Risen King, #1)
  • Embrace (Fated Saga, #3)
  • Picture Perfect Corpse (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #7)
  • Texas Redeemed (Night Sky, #1)
  • Blucy: The Blue Cat
  • Wings of Shadow (The Underground Trilogy, #1)
  • Darkness Comes This Way (The Guardians of the Night, #1)
Frankie Ash grew up on the eastern shores of the US, and her Southern accent would rock as a cartoon character voice. Most of her time is spent with her laptop, spinning tales, fabricating worlds, and writing new creatures into existence. But when she’s not playing Dr. Frankenstein with words, she is either reading, absorbing anything sci-fi/fantasy related, or chasing after, and sometimes capturi ...more
More about Frankie Ash...
Untitled (Eramane Saga, #3) Blood Soaked Ashes (Eramane Saga, #2)

“We belong to each other now,” the beast declares as it grabs my limp body and takes me up into the darkness.” 3 likes