Start by marking “Betrayal” as Want to Read:
Betrayal

Betrayal

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  51 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
On a golden day in early summer, two young boys meet in the crowded streets of Florence and change the lives of a man and a woman forevermore...

For seventeen years Ash has been eaten up alive by bitterness and hatred, caught fast in the clutches of the past. For seventeen years he has not been able to look at the boy he raised as his heir and not remember the terrible betr
Published July 21st 2013 by Sandra Schwab

To ask other readers questions about Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Betrayal

KatieV
Sort of torn on what to rate this one. It's not "my thing" but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good book. Just maybe not quite for me. I'm not the greatest fan of the stodgy/straitlaced Regency hero, unless he happens to be Mr. Darcy himself.

Mostly, the 17 years apart is just too sad for me. Ten is about my max and that's pushing it. Also, with this being an admitted homage to The Parent Trap, it's kid heavy - also not my thing.

This was a mature book as far as how the resolution went. The h, part
Lyuda
Mar 24, 2015 Lyuda rated it liked it
The author can definitely craft intensity and anguish! The Earl of Ashburnham, was 19 years old when he fell in love with 18 years old Georgiana. Their courting was short and sweet and they were married not long afterwards. Unfortunately, their HEA was not meant to be as relatively shortly after the birth of their twin sons, Georgiana was wrongly accused of adultery. Unable to stand scorn and discussed of her husband, she left home taken with her the youngest son. Her escape took her to Germany ...more
maggieandteddy
A historical take on the Parent Trap. The H, Ash, for most of the book is a bitter spiteful man. He had split up with his wife, Georgina, when they were very young. He believed the worst about his wife. His MAJOR bitch of a mother, of course started the lies. Ash, is an English duke, he refused to believe Georgina. Georgina fled to Germany with one of the young twin sons. She left the older twin, the heir, with his father!
It was mostly bittersweet, showing Georgina's life as a companion to an el
Carole Rae
Sep 20, 2013 Carole Rae rated it it was amazing
Like earlier stated I read and reviewed this for the publisher/author for my honest and unbiased opinion.

This would be my third novel I've read by Sandra Schwab and yet again she has dazzled me. She keeps getting better and better. I'm having a hard time letting this be labeled in the Historical Romance. It was more of a tragedy with a HEA at the very, very end. It was so sad and I felt bad for both Georgina and Ash. They were torn apart for seventeen years due to betrayal and lies. It was so sa
May Mostly Romance
Aug 26, 2013 May Mostly Romance rated it really liked it
I waited for the new Sandra Schwab's book for a very long time and once I saw the review from Dear Author, I went to Amazon and bought it even I do not really like to buy from Amazon (since they charged extra for international buyers).

I read it in one setting and took a sick leave the next day.

The plot was predictable since it came from German book, which inspired the movie "The Parent Trap" (and I watched "The Parent Trap" first) but that was not the problem. Actually the familiar plot made i
Tina
Jul 03, 2014 Tina rated it liked it
When I began this book, I thought I was going to love it. It is this author's retelling of Das dappelte Lottchen -- probably more commonly known by the name of the movie Hollywood called it, The Parent Trap.

It starts out great with the two 17 y.o. brothers discovering each other. Of course they trade places. The one who grew up with his cold father goes to live on the Continent with his loving, warm mother while the other son travels to England to masquerade as the heir.

The story does best when
Romancing the Book
Jun 07, 2015 Romancing the Book rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Julie
Book provided by the author
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Well, my goodness! What a story! The inspiration for the this novel came from “The Parent Trap.” Ash has a child and Georgina has a child. They are twins, but unaware of each other.

Ash has never been able to bond with his son. The doubt in the back of his mind that the boy isn’t really his heir keeps him from being able to connect with him.

When a situation occurs that brings his former wife, Georgina back t
suzi
Feb 14, 2015 suzi rated it really liked it
I lurve the angst! And best groveling ever (at least compared to other groveling's that I've read). I can't understand the motivation behind the big misunderstanding but whatever. I enjoyed how it played out.
Christian Woods
May 19, 2015 Christian Woods rated it really liked it
Star;ted a little slowly, but it got better. I also got the free epilogue from the author's website.
Sabrina
Jun 22, 2015 Sabrina rated it it was ok
It was ok - a lot of heartache that could have been avoided had they just talked . . . .
Britta Feyerabend
Aug 01, 2013 Britta Feyerabend rated it really liked it
A well-written romance. Not actually my genre, but a fun read nevertheless, well written (especially since the author is not a native speaker), witty, well-researched, with fun (German) local color elements and trivia blended into an Austen-ian world. The dialogues are smart, the steamy atmosphere proper, the in-law a beast - naturally... What else does one need to relax?!
Marianne
I wish the ending had been more developed, but overall this was pretty good.
Julie
Jan 23, 2014 Julie rated it it was amazing
My review for this book will be posted on The Romancing the Book Blog in the near future!
Suzanne
Dec 19, 2014 Suzanne rated it really liked it
A short historical romance based on 'Lottie and Lisa"/The Parent Trap. Completely over the top angst, but so much fun!
SH
Jan 17, 2015 SH rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, historical
Almost four star. Really good version of the story I first saw in The Parent Trap. Very moving.
HJ
Aug 16, 2013 HJ rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, historical
Monique
Monique marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Gratair
Gratair marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Irène Wadowski uliasz
Irène Wadowski uliasz rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
R G V
R G V marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Bodil Skarnvad
Bodil Skarnvad marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
AmyS Schmid
AmyS Schmid marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Mary K
Mary K rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Nathalie Michaud
Nathalie Michaud marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Daniella Santos
Daniella Santos rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 16, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Deb
Deb rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
320347
Sandra Schwab started writing her first novel when she was seven years old. Twenty-odd years later, telling stories is still her greatest passion, even though by now she has exchanged her pink heart-dotted fountain pen for a computer keyboard (black, no hearts). She lives in a suburb of Frankfurt on the Main, Germany, with a cat, a duck, a sewing maching, and altogether too many books.

She is curre
More about Sandra Schwab...