Start by marking “Reluctant Desire (Desire, Oklahoma #8)” as Want to Read:
Reluctant Desire (Desire, Oklahoma #8)

Reluctant Desire (Desire, Oklahoma #8)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  326 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Charity Sanderson had been Beau Parrish’s lover for months, but she knew it was only a matter of time before their affair ended. She needed a man she could count on to be there, and Beau never took anything seriously. But, she loved him too much to walk away. Beau loved Charity more than his own life, but knew she didn’t believe that. Every time he spoke about a future tog ...more
ebook
Published September 27th 2013 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Reluctant Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reluctant Desire

Lost in Bliss by Sophie OakBack in Bliss by Sophie OakLove Under Three Titans by Cara CovingtonThree to Ride by Sophie OakTwo to Love by Sophie Oak
Sexy Towns
78th out of 137 books — 25 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessy
Update 9/27

I'm finally finished. Only took 16 hours but I had to read this in one sitting. It wasn't what I expected so I gave 4 stars. What I didn't like about it is it's similarity to Creation of Desire and Dark Desire. For the first 100 pages Charity thinks Beau doesn't take things seriously and as soon as she almost dies she has this life changing epiphany (which is very annoying because almost romance book ever written has this) and realizes that she is the problem. Duh. I would like this
Tina
I love Desire, Okalahoma and only wish it was a place I could truly visit. I mean men who appreciate the strengthsand the weaknesses of a woman, who wouldn’t want to live there. And Leah Brooke’s latest installment Reluctant Desire intensified my desire to become a bonafide resident.
I adored Beau. He knew what he wanted and he wanted Charity. He set up his life in such a way that he could enjoy play. I loved that he understood that while life is serious business, you also must enjoy living.
I
Carrie (Bears Read Too)
This review was originally posted on "Bears Read Too!"

picadillypink greendivider

Y'know sometimes I have to askmyself why I like these books so much because the stories are sometimes so far fetched but the bottom line is that I can't help it. I love them. Fantasy or not, they are just "FEEL GOOD" books. They make me laugh and smile, they make me cry sometimes... well, okay, maybe just feel like crying... I'm not much of a crier. They just give me the over all "Warm Fuzzies" and who doesn't love that?

So you have the fema
Darcy
That was insane - so good! It has been over year since we checked in with a new Desire couple, and this one has been edging the sidelines since the third book, so it was with high expectations I started, and I was not disappointed!

Charity is Desire-born and raised. She is a serious young lady, and yang to her sister Hope's ying. Beau owns the local toy store, and has a penchant for fun, but when he met Charity, he lost his heart right away. Trouble of the situation is, Charity thinks he is too m
Rachel
I have mixed feelings about this book. I do love the desire series, there are a couple character's that bug the hell out of me. Charity is now at the top of my (thankfully) very short list. I've read quite a few reviews that said she was childish, I'm not sure about the childish part but she needs to learn a bit of honesty. With three father's....obviously one of them dropped the ball. She couldn't find some way to explain her concerns to Beau? He should've been upfront too, but she was so hot a ...more
Kaley Rice
I love the Desire series, but honestly, I was a little disappointed in this one. I think Leah Brooks was trying to do something different from the typical romance storyline of boy meets girl, boy & girl fall in love, problems ensue, and then they end up HEA. Unfortunately, I don't think it works here.

We've been hearing about how fun-loving Beau is after the serious Charity for several books now, so I was really looking forward to seeing Beau finally persuade Charity to give him a chance. Ins
I love the desire series and I'v never given anything other then 5stars for a rating but I struggled a lot with this book. I didn't like that the book jump straight to sex between charity and beau without lead up to it and the story constantly kept coming back to both couples insecurities. When it felt like it was finally moving along in story it jumped straight back to charity changing beau and them struggle to communicate to each other. Had a HEA but I feel a bit disappointed by this book whic ...more
LauraZu
3.5 STARS.
I feel pretty disappointed. I've been waiting so long for this book and this wasn't what I was waiting for.

First of all I was pretty excited to see Beau convincing his Cher to find out that all this time they were already messing around.
Second it was so repetitive, besides I feel like it was the same plot, nothing new! Charity's mind was so childish and kinda whiny. I didn't really like her.
Beau was a sexy hunk. As all of Desire's men are.
Only thing interesting was seeing the poss
starsaga
Very annoying heroine and contrived situations.
I did not enjoy this book at all. The book started with Charity and Beau having problems and then slowly and ploddingly getting through them. I started the book with high hopes, but quickly got annoyed with the heroine. The story was too contrived. Not for me.
Alisha Rupp
they keep getting better
Llwells
Lola
3.25/5 Stars
Dr. Bronwyn Ph.D of Smutology
I was really looking forward to Charity and Beau's story yet was sadly disappointed. The word that comes to mind is bland. Really bland.

There was barely a bump in the road and I wasn't entirely sold on the level of importance placed on playing...almost like it was the last idea on a long list.

I've loved the series so far but this was a miss for me.
Anna
I love these books and have thoroughly enjoyed reading this one as much as the previous ones. Lots of sex, lots of sexy and in this case all wrapped up in just one man. More please.
Shannon Holweger
Reluctant Desire

As always, Leah provided another wonderful story about the people of Desire Oklahoma. I look forward to all her books.
Maria Cristina
I love this series and I think she know how to write sexy scenes. I'm waiting for the next one in Desire Oklahoma.
Allison
Was disappointed. Not as good as the other books in the Desire series.
Melissa
Pub Date Sept 27th 2013
Chevetta
i love Desire, OK
Nethwench
Nethwench marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Diana
Diana is currently reading it
Dec 19, 2014
Anjali
Anjali marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Dpgblover
Dpgblover marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Lawanda Heath
Lawanda Heath marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
  • A Firm Hand (Bound to You, #2)
  • Up All Night in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #6.5)
  • Make Me (Hawkeye, #3)
  • Edge of the Enforcer (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #4)
  • Healing the Wounds (Neighborly Affection #3)
  • Lucy's Revenge (Divine Creek Ranch, #15)
  • Razor's Edge (Men in Blue, #2)
  • Slave To Pleasure
  • Love Under Two Adventurers (Lusty, Texas #16)
  • Love Slave for Two: Beginnings
  • Rocky Mountain Freedom (Six Pack Ranch, #6)
  • Masters Of My Desire (The Doms Of Genesis, #2)
  • Stacy's Destiny (The Town of Pearl, #2)
  • To Clan and Conquer (Clan Beginnings, #1)
Also writes Historical (Old West) Erotic Romance under the Pseudonym Lana Dare
More about Leah Brooke...
Desire for Three (Desire, Oklahoma, #1) Alphas' Mate Rules Of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #4) Creation of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #3) Blade's Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #2)