Start by marking “Elinor and Violet: The Story of Two Naughty Chickens” as Want to Read:
Elinor and Violet: The Story of Two Naughty Chickens

Elinor and Violet: The Story of Two Naughty Chickens

3.11 of 5 stars 3.11  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Elinor has always enjoyed being just a little bit naughty--until her new friend Violet shows her what naughty really is. The two young chickens burp loudly whenever they can, play dress-up in Elinor's sisters' best clothes, and eat all the cookies that Elinor's mother set aside for her book group. This bright and lively adventure will have readers laughing out loud as they ...more
Published April 1st 2001 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Elinor and Violet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elinor and Violet

Seianna
That was a terrible story. Characters are same at the end as the beginning, after just a laundry list of crimes against people (firing sling shots at people) and property (destruction of clothes and flowers). The Chicks take a bus to the beach without mom knowing and NO CONSEQUENCES? Ugh.
Julia Jasztal
Mommy's review from 4/15/10 -

This is a pretty cool little book - the illustrations are adorable and the story is one that may just get through to a little kid. I was very surprised at how much Julia seemed to be pondering the situation(s) Elinor found herself in with Violet. Usually, even with a book with a meaningful message, Julia will listen to the story and for the most part the message seems to be lost. But with this it was different and she was engaged.
We'll be reading this again, if onl
Maxwell
Looking for naughty themed books, I liked Heckedy Peg or Rotten Teeth much better.
JustOneMoreBook.com
The only thing more titillating than a relatively good chicken sneakily undertaking pathetically mild misbehavior is an obnoxiously bad chicken brashly executing blatlantly bigtime misbehavior. This terrific book boasts both!

Listen to our chat about this on our JustOneMoreBook.com Children's Book Podcast:
Abbey Maraugha
This is a really fun book! It could be used to talk about manners and rules
Natalie Haskins
The pictures are perfect with the text and it may do just the thing to get to children's minds that being naughty is not as great as it seems to be.
Aspasia
Elinor learns that she should listen to her mother over her troublemaking friend.
Samantha
I loved it and the ending teaches a good lesson but it might stress adults out.
Heather
I liked it. I learned that it isn't as good as you think to be bad.
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Janiyah
Janiyah marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014