Start by marking “Devin's Second Chance (Morning Lake, #1)” as Want to Read:
Devin's Second Chance (Morning Lake, #1)

Devin's Second Chance (Morning Lake #1)

Cowboy Devin Trent can't believe his matchmaking mom is trying to set him up with Claire Best, the photographer at the local art gallery. She should know better than anyone why he doesn't deserve a second chance at love. What surprises him even more is that he is drawn to Claire and she seems interested in him, too. Their mutual attraction grows every time they see one ...more
Published June 2013 by Lorraine Paton

To ask other readers questions about Devin's Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devin's Second Chance

Cindy
Nov 06, 2016 Cindy rated it it was ok
Pat
Aug 25, 2013 Pat rated it it was amazing
This novel is about a man who wakes up every morning, doing the work that needs to be done, but not really living his life. This man is Devin Trent, former rodeo star, now running his ranch with the weight of guilt and loss on his shoulders. His wife Olivia passed away three years ago from breast cancer. She was a stained glass artist, and her work remains in her studio in his home. He has not entered her studio nor looked at her work since the day she died.

Claire Best is living in Morning Lake
Mae Clair
Jun 27, 2013 Mae Clair rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy stories that give someone a second chance for happiness, so it’s no surprise that I fell in love with the characters in this book almost immediately. Devin Trent is trying to rebuild his life after losing his wife to cancer and stepping down from a successful career on the rodeo circuit. He’s a salt-of-the earth kind of guy but he’s also conflicted about mistakes he’s made in the past, especially those he perceives are related to his deceased wife.

Claire Best has walked away from a lucra
Kathy
Oct 05, 2013 Kathy rated it it was amazing
This is a real romance, for true romantics and those who love them. Both Devin and Claire are just beginning new lives. Devin’s late wife died of breast cancer, and he is not over her death. Claire has left a successful engineer career to pursue her passion as a photographer. Initially, they have a not so great encounter, as Devin finds a photograph of his late wife on a poster in the window of a local gallery. Claire had taken the picture of Devin’s wife not long after his wife’s diagnosis. ...more
Arlene Hayman
Aug 27, 2013 Arlene Hayman rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Having won Devin’s Second Chance as a giveaway E-book, I was quickly drawn into this romance novel about a handsome, brawny cowboy, Devin, whose wife had passed away from cancer. Devin becomes attracted to a lovely, petite young woman, Claire, who works for a local art gallery sponsoring a gala fundraising event. The story evolves around the development of their relationship and the misguided turns that they both take toward finding happiness with each other. Although for most of the novel, I ...more
Jan
Aug 26, 2013 Jan rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free in exchange for providing an honest review.

When Devin ,a retired rodeo cowboy sees his late wife's photograph on a poster in the window of the local art gallery, he is not impressed. He storms into the gallery with a full head of steam looking for answers.
Throw in a former mother in law with a drinking problem, a mother who wants what is best for her son, the person responsible for the poster's placement, a gallery owner who hates Devin and an unexpected, unsupervis
BBMoreB ~
Sep 04, 2013 BBMoreB ~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This author exceeded my expectations by embedding copious amount of sentiment into this great contemporary romance. She took it to the next level by creating a LOVE story full of realistic life events (i.e. love, heartbreak, betrayal, illness, and even death). This read pulled me into the lives of folks of Morning Lake and made me a part of their community. I am not sure what Ms. Paton has planned for these small-town folks but I’ll be there supporting her.

Disclosure: This ebook was provided to
Donna Cummings
Aug 09, 2013 Donna Cummings rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story! I fell hard for Devin, the sexy rodeo cowboy, and not just because he knows his way around a blanket in an open field. I wanted to steal him away from Claire, except I loved her too. This was such a sweet and yet very sexy story, with wonderful flashes of humor that had me grinning throughout. It was also very emotional (which explains why I'm wiping mistiness out of my eyes as I type this.) I adored all of the residents of Morning Lake, and can't wait to read the next book ...more
Teresa Bryce
Feb 23, 2016 Teresa Bryce rated it really liked it
I'm not a big romance reader but I really enjoyed this one. The characters are realistic and extremely likable, there's nothing quite like a sexy cowboy, and the heroine is sufficiently flawed to be interesting. I've put down a number of books lately that I just couldn't get interested in, this one kept me reading.
Mahrie Reid
Dec 11, 2013 Mahrie Reid rated it it was amazing
If you love romance and cowboys, realistic complications and flowing writing - this book is for you. Devin and Claire struggle wtih old wounds and new attraction complicated by well-meaning and not so well-meaning family and friends.
Caroline
Sep 25, 2013 Caroline rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!! Couldn't put it down! Unexpected, great lesson to learn. Hope there is a second book! Thanks to Lorraire Paton for giving me the chance to read it.
Dee Van
Dee Van rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Rebecca Cappello
Rebecca Cappello rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2013
Sarah rated it did not like it
Sep 06, 2013
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2013
Donna Cummings
Donna Cummings rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2013
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2013
Victoria
Victoria rated it really liked it
May 04, 2015
Becca
Becca rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2013
Adam and Jeanne
Sep 08, 2016 Adam and Jeanne rated it really liked it
Wonderful read. Can't wait for the rest of the series.
Melissa Connie
Melissa Connie rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2013
Roy Wano
Roy Wano rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2013
Sandy Morgan
Apr 30, 2015 Sandy Morgan marked it as my-read-books
Good book. Looking. Forward to book 2
Mary Forbes
Mary Forbes rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2013
Kate Meader
Kate Meader marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Alicia Jespersen
Alicia Jespersen marked it as to-read
Patricia Bergman
Patricia Bergman marked it as to-read
Marilyn Kusniesz
Marilyn Kusniesz marked it as to-read
Barbara Zitsch
Barbara Zitsch marked it as to-read
Teresa Lavender
Teresa Lavender marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Lesli Polk
Lesli Polk marked it as to-read
Rosemarie
Rosemarie marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Julie Hutchinson
Julie Hutchinson marked it as to-read
Sharlene
Sharlene marked it as to-read
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Leanne
Leanne marked it as to-read
Joy Yerkie
Joy Yerkie marked it as to-read
Lesa Neace
Lesa Neace marked it as to-read
Rosanna-Michelle
Rosanna-Michelle marked it as to-read
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Tammy Flores
Tammy Flores marked it as to-read
Sylvie
Sylvie marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Olivia Gould
Olivia Gould marked it as to-read
Tristi Palmer
Tristi Palmer marked it as to-read
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Lulu
Lulu marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
  • The Advent of Murder (Faith Morgan Mystery #2)
  • Dangerous Flames (Mafia Hearts, #1)
  • Beneath the Dover Sky (The Danforths of Lancashire #2)
  • The Magistrate (The Prisonworld Trilogy, #1)
  • Traces of Mercy (Mercy Medallion Trilogy, #1)
  • A Legacy of Lies
  • A Time For Home (Snowberry Creek, #1)
  • The Sneaky Sneakers
  • Banquet of Lies (Regency London, #2)
  • On the Way to a Wedding
  • Quench Your Thirst with Salt
  • In A Pickle (Annie Pickel Series, #1)
  • Love From The Ashes (Love Conquers All, #3)
  • Honey Creek Royalty
  • Illuminating Gracie
  • It's Your Responsibility Now!: The Essentials of Leadership - Delegation
  • No Matter What: An Adoptive Family's Story of Hope, Love and Healing
  • Raspberries and Vinegar (A Farm Fresh Romance #1)
Lorraine works in a hectic office by day and writes romance novels by night. Her contemporary romance series, Morning Lake, is set in Alberta, Canada, which is where she lives. She loves bestowing happily-ever-afters on as many people--er, characters--as she can and is busy working on new stories.

To receive notification of upcoming releases, sign up for Lorraine's Email Newsletter at: http://eepur
More about Lorraine Paton...

Morning Lake (2 books)