Start by marking “Southern Romance” as Want to Read:
Southern Romance

Southern Romance

Sara Stevens is young, independent, and beautiful. After being physically assaulted, shot, and left for dead, she finds the strength and will to face her attacker in court. When the justice system fails her, a family friend and words of wisdom bring her back out of a deep dark depression. Her new found sense of life doesn’t last long, when her attacker threatens her and ...more
Published May 31st 2013 by Crystal Smith

To ask other readers questions about Southern Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Southern Romance

Paris        (kerbytejas)
Jan 01, 2015 Paris (kerbytejas) rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2014
oh my...many things I question in this story
* editing required, missing words, incorrect words and spelling errors

* why do authors have the big "loose your virginity scene" with the female having multiple life altering orgasms?

* The heroine had a very traumatic event in her life, and during her recovery at a friends ranch, she falls in love with a childhood friend who is a "dominant", and the sexual situations might be questionable for the heroine's background.

* the heroine is a natural submissi
Jane
Apr 30, 2015 Jane rated it really liked it
The author of Southern Romance needs to find a good editor to make this a five star story. The story line and character development are excellent but the use of wrong words is distracting and needs to be fixed. She has errors like since for sense, things spell check would not catch.

The story of Jade and Sara finding common ground for a relationship after the attack and being left for dead is beautiful. Jade has his own personal tragedy in his past too. The strong, sexy, quiet cowboy gives Sara j
Heather andrews
Jan 13, 2014 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
A quick read that well I enjoyed reading. Jade and Sara I loved them together, "the view she was leaving was quite disturbing. To Jade's loins anyways. She had on a solid black bikini and even if she tried to readjust the back side of this one, it was meant to show it off." Jade he's really dominant, "answer me, baby or I won't let you have your way with my fingers in that tight little a** of yours. Come on, baby, tell me what you want." He's caring, "I'm going to give you a shower. Wash every ...more
Maria Dodd
Aug 05, 2015 Maria Dodd rated it did not like it
I nearly didn't bother to finish this book.

The author can follow a plot line but the story was so full of inconsistencies with ideas just thrown in that were never really picked up and used.

The grammar was horrendous and made reading the book frustrating. The difference between 'to' and 'too' really isn't that diffult to grasp ( just one example). This book could have been better if it had been edited.

Nicole
Mar 15, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it
Could have been better...

While the story in this book is really good, it would have been so much better if there had been some proofreading/editing. Spelling and grammar errors detracted from the essence of the story.

So, while I enjoyed the story itself, it was hard to get through with the errors.
R
Oct 27, 2015 R rated it did not like it
Get an editor

I am sure this would have been a fabulous story line but it was impossible to follow because there was absolutely no editing in this book. I think a high school student could have done a better job. I would truly like to give the story itself more than one star but I just can't get past the lack of editing.
Kristi Sullins
Awkward

This book was so unreal. Heroine was emotionally shattered then totally better. She would be frozen by fear and then just fine. A trip to a ranch is not a magical cure. After the Amazon characters finally get together it is just one sex scene after the other. Not my kind of Southern romance.
Ansi
Jan 23, 2014 Ansi rated it did not like it
This was so bad. The storytelling felt like I was reading an article in a newspaper. A very long article that would never end, it went on and on in a dead voice in my head.

Would not recommend at all. Sorry.
Leslie Alusha
Leslie Alusha rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2014
Kristin M
Kristin M rated it it was ok
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2015
Victoria Ferauge
Victoria Ferauge rated it did not like it
Jan 17, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2014
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2014
Kristi
Kristi rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2015
Leeann Greig
Leeann Greig rated it liked it
Leslie
Leslie rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2014
Hailey
Hailey rated it it was ok
Feb 07, 2014
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2014
Lori Wyont
Lori Wyont rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2013
Michelle Ksepka
Michelle Ksepka rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2016
Cheryl Z
Cheryl Z rated it really liked it
May 13, 2014
Sharon G
Sharon G rated it did not like it
Jan 01, 2015
Lizette
Lizette rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2014
Clevell Koon
Clevell Koon rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2014
Valerie
Valerie rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Cara Webb
Cara Webb rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2014
Janie
Janie rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2014
Nona
Nona rated it it was ok
Tracy Benard
Tracy Benard rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Crystal Donaldson-Smith was born and raised in Doniphan, Missouri. Crystal graduated from Sikeston Practical Nurse Program in 2009 and since then continues to work as a LPN in long term care. Her story telling abilities were first noticed by her kindergarden teacher who told her mother one day this little girl is going to be a writer. She completed her first novel, Seducing Peaches February 2012. ...more
More about Crystal G. Smith...