Start by marking “His Immortal Embrace” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,089 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews

The Yearning, by Hannah Howell

Tormented by an ancient curse, the young men of Clan MacCordy reach manhood only to walk forever in darkness, thirsting for blood--and Alpin MacCordy is no different. He must wed for coin and land, despite his betrothed's terror--and his own fascination for another woman, Lady Sophie Hay. . .

Bitten, by Lynsay Sands

Aft

Published September 1st 2004 by Zebra (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about His Immortal Embrace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Immortal Embrace

In Too Deep by Jayne Ann KrentzFired Up by Jayne Ann KrentzCrystal Gardens by Amanda QuickThe Last Viking by Sandra HillA Shared Dream by Jayne Ann Krentz
Mrm 2 2013
80th out of 80 books — 1 voter
Only With a Highlander by Janet ChapmanThe Reluctant Vampire by Lynsay SandsMystical Warrior by Janet ChapmanDragon Warrior by Janet ChapmanA Highlander's Destiny by Melissa Mayhue
Mar - Mar's favorites 2
82nd out of 100 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Cherie
Jan 31, 2016 Cherie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
I don't read vampire romance regularly but Hannah Howell and Lynsay Sands catch my attention with an anthology. I have read all the MacNaughton stories and love them.

Hannah Howell's The Yearning: Alpin MacCordy is not related to the MacNaughton's but his was an especially enjoyable story and my favorite of the bunch. He is immortal due to a curse and curses can be broken. Lady Sophie rescues him with love. 4 stars

Lynsay Sand's Bitten: The heroine, Emily, is saved by the hero, Keeran, from a shi
Readdiction
The first two stories were quite enjoyable but the last two were not as great.
Hannah Howell and Lynsay Sands had great vampires and sweet heroines in their romance. It was light reading material but IMO it was not as great as their other anthology - Eternal Highlander.
The third story was a bit difficult to follow as the events were quite unclear - seemingly to occur all at once ? It was quite confusing which is a pity because the root of the story and its ending was quite lovely.
The last complet
Kristin
Sep 30, 2013 Kristin rated it it was ok
The Yearning
This book begins with a witch cursing the young men of Clan MacCordy because her lover chose to marry another for lands and wealth rather than marry her for love. This curse ends up not only affecting the MacCordy's but also the witches female ancestors by having them cursed to experience love but never get to keep it. The MacCordy's end up creatures of the night, very close to vampires in that they cannot handle sunlight and crave blood but they are described at times with an appear
 ♥♥Mari♥♥
The first story in this volume, "The Yearning", by Hannah Howell, takes the reader to Scotland, in the year 1435. Sophie Hay, the rather eccentric, witty protagonist, is in search of an old manuscript left by an ancestor, Morvyn Galt. It concerns a 400-year-old curse laid on the MacCordy family by Morvyn's sister, Rona, who had been betrayed in love by a MacCordy, and with a child on the way, to make matters worse.

Ever since she pronounced this curse, all of the firstborn MacCordy men have turn
Linda
Dec 19, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it
Anthology with four stories, all surrounding the vampire legends.
The first two was great, even tear jerking, but the second two was just OK.
Hanna Howells The Yearning, an old curse is haunting two families. Lady Sophie Hay tries to save both her self and Alpin. Great story.
Lynsay Sands Bitten, Emily gets saved from a shipwreck by a tormented man in need of hope and saving. Great story.
Sara Blaynes Stranger in the night, Georgiana meets a stranger in her old family home. Not really keeping my in
jackiewitmer
Mar 18, 2016 jackiewitmer rated it did not like it
I absolutely love Hannah Howell and Lynsay Sands but dislike books on vampires, so I did not care for this book.
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Most of these anthologies with Hannah Howell's Vampires are really good. This one was just kind of boring and it took almost a day to read the 100 page story.

Partial review & I will add more later!

Hannah Howell - The Yearning

This was a story of a curse made 400 years prior and Sophie a decendant of the curser who wanted to make it right. She set off to the family of the cursed & decided to try everything to break it. It was hinting at a vampire, but it was different. Not a true vampire
K
Aug 02, 2009 K rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
His Immoral Embrace includes 4 short stories of paranormal romance by 4 very different authors. As I have liked other books/stories written by Howell and Sands (who were two of the authors), I thought to give this one a try. And I was dissapointed. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the stories by Sands and Howell, I did not like the other two authors style and/or stories. Due to the above, I can only give this book 2 stars. If asked, I would not recommend this book to others, and would advise reader ...more
Nibrock
Dec 31, 2015 Nibrock rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
Not my favourite set of stories. Some interesting concepts of vampires, but nothing that stood out. Two of the stories ended in the "Vampire" being returned to human, and in the other two the heroine turned vampire. I think the stories were dragged out, if some of them had ended twenty pages sooner, they would have worked better.
Paraphrodite
Dec 06, 2012 Paraphrodite rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
The short stories from Hannah Howell and Lynsay Sands were pretty good.

The other two were pretty ordinary, especially the last one from Kate Huntington...the H/H made love straight after they buried the heroine's aunt who was the hero's lover for the past 30+ years? Talk about a fast rebound!!
Amanda
I only read the Lynsay Sands short story in this book and it was just okay. A little boring. I did like the historical aspect of it since the books I read of her are all set in modern times. This is a good start to my reading her Highlander series.
Donna
Feb 21, 2012 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok so 4 short stories, of the ilk I would not normally read, but i did enjoy them on the basis it was something different, and i would probably read something else in the same strain again,.
Grace
Apr 09, 2012 Grace rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent collection. Not really my taste – mostly traditional romance with a vampire twist. Sands story Bitten is the best of the bunch.
PNR
Oct 26, 2010 PNR rated it it was ok
I liked the first two stories (Howell's and Sands') but the last two I couldn't quite get into, so I ended up putting it down.
Jessica Carey
May 21, 2013 Jessica Carey rated it it was amazing
Loved the first two stories. The third one was good but not one of my favorites. I was kinda put off by the last story.
Lorann
May 29, 2009 Lorann rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009-read
So I was three stories in when I convinced my self that I had read this before... Still a good read for the genre.
Sara
Oct 27, 2010 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lynsay and Hannah work there magic I am always stuck and cant put their books down this book was NO different.
Bridget
Jan 09, 2014 Bridget rated it liked it
Stories were enjoyable, although it is difficult to get much of a story in such a short time. All were worth reading.
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
very good. I wasn't as thrilled with the last story in this book.
Betty
Feb 02, 2012 Betty rated it liked it
Shelves: passed
Uneven anthology...
More tortured Vampire sex ... :P
penelopewanders
Mar 22, 2008 penelopewanders rated it liked it
Received as ring... entertaining, sans plus.
Cher
Nov 09, 2009 Cher rated it did not like it
These writers can and do much better.
Jessica Lively
Dec 11, 2014 Jessica Lively rated it really liked it
loved this book
Christine Diane Paloma
Nope.
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amber Carpenter
Amber Carpenter rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Kymmie
Kymmie added it
Aug 22, 2016
Amy Vandal
Amy Vandal rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
  • Highland Hearts
  • The Chase (Deed, #3)
  • Secrets: Volume 14
  • Wish List (Capital Theatre #2.5)
  • Five Gold Rings
  • A Mother's Way
  • Secrets: The Best in Women's Romantic Erotica Vol. 9
  • First Blood (Includes: Laws Of The Blood, #5.5; Vegas Vampires, #5; Vampire Babylon, #2.5; The Guardians, #3.5)
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin
More about Hannah Howell...

“a mon’s real wealth isnae measured in lands, coin, or fighting men, but in the giving and receiving of a true and lasting love.” 0 likes