Start by marking “Isle of Wishes (Isle of Wight, #2)” as Want to Read:
Isle of Wishes (Isle of Wight, #2)

Isle of Wishes (The Isle #2)

After a whirlwind vacation on the Isle of Wight, where he found the love of his life, Sam Owens sends Liam Marshall home to Michigan to tie up loose ends so they can be together forever. When all communication with Liam goes silent, Sam worries. Fearing the worst, he enlists the help of his brother, British Metropolitan police officer Paul Owens, to help him find Liam and ...more
Published August 19th 2013 by Dreamspinner Press (first published August 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Isle of Wishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Isle of Wishes

Touch & Geaux by Abigail RouxCaptive Prince by C.S. PacatCaptive Prince by C.S. PacatToo Stupid to Live by Anne TeninoTell Me It's Real by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2013
385th out of 674 books — 1,690 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxSticks & Stones by Abigail RouxFish & Chips by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsDivide & Conquer by Abigail Roux
Best Gay Cops/ Security Guards/P.I.'s
339th out of 718 books — 1,103 voters

More lists with this book...

Debra
3.5 stars.

In this sequel to The Isle of... Where? the focus is on Sam's brother Paul, an openly bi-sexual police officer, and the American detective Olaf Skandik. The two meet in the States when Liam disappears and Sam and Paul fly out to Wisconsin to try to find out what happened to him. That situation is quickly sorted out, but the sparks fly between the closeted Olaf and the out and proud Paul.

It was good to catch up with Sam and Liam, about 3 years after the first book, they are now planning
R.J.
Aug 25, 2013 R.J. rated it it was amazing
If anything I enjoyed this even more than book 1. I can't write too much in this review or I'll give it all away, but it was a satisfying and sexy love story and I adored that we got to meet characters from book 1, not just as an afterthought but as a catalyst for the love affair for Paul and Olaf to happen. I couldn't put it down and I recommend it...
Cindi
Sep 06, 2013 Cindi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, series, 2013, on-blog, dsp-arc
Full review can be found at On Top Down Under Book Reviews.

This is an outstanding sequel to The Isle of... Where?. Not only does the reader get to see Sam and Liam finally get their happily-ever-after but we are also able to watch Sam's player brother get his as well.

Paul is an openly bisexual player and not ashamed of it. Olaf Skandik is gay and deeply closeted with no intention of ever stepping out. The two men meet when Liam disappears without a trace in America when he is supposed to be fin
Lori
Dec 28, 2015 Lori rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story... despite the fact the narrator's English accent kinda rivalled Dick Van Dyke's in Mary Poppins! Actually, it added to the charm of the story.

I loved Paul as much as - if not more than - I loved Sam in book 1. I want to keep reading this series and get to know more of the Owens and their friends.
Eli Easton
Aug 27, 2013 Eli Easton rated it it was amazing
A fun, sweet/sexy romance with a little mystery thrown into the first half. I really liked the 'I saw tomato, you say tom AH to' Brit vs US dialogue strewn throughout. The Owens family is priceless. I haven't read the first book yet, but was drawn to read this one. I works fine as a stand-alone.

Olaf sounds so big and beautiful. Can I have one of those, please?
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
4.5 Stars
A "Live Your Life, Buy The Book" Review

While on a brief trip back to the States to finalise everything before moving permanently to London, Sam's fiancé, Liam Marshall, disappears on his way to visit the daughter and ex-wife of his deceased best friend, Alex. After three days of hearing nothing or being able to get hold of Liam, Sam, desperately scared that something terrible has happened, begs his younger brother for help. Paul Owens, a beat cop, immediately agrees to accompany his big
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Note: This audiobook was provided to me by the publisher through Hearts on Fire Reviews in exchange for an impartial review.

This sequel to The Isle of... Where? didn’t have the pace, substance, or passion of the first story. This is a review of the audiobook so my interpretation of the story was influenced by the narration.

As the story opens, Sam is frantic because he hasn’t heard from Liam in five days. Liam had returned to America to finalize the moving of his belongings and to bid farewell
Preston
Jun 21, 2015 Preston rated it liked it
Anyone who read The Isle of... Where? and needs a HAE for Sam and Liam complete with a (view spoiler) needs to read Isle of Wishes.

Anyone who read The Isle of... Where? and needs to read it again but with different characters should read Isle of Wishes because a repeat of all the problems Sam and Liam faced are now there for British Metropolitan police officer Paul Owens and Wisconsin Police Detective Olaf Skandik.

Will their HFN turn into a joyous HEA or what? We just h
Donna
May 13, 2016 Donna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-read
I just love the way Sue Brown can spin a tale! I have no clue how she can keep everything straight with the characters being both English and American... but she manages to do it and to do it well! Paul certainly had an interestingly fresh outlook on life and love... or rather hook-ups! But, then he looked into Olaf's icy aquamarine eyes and BAM... well, actually after a few less than stellar incidents... suddenly words like "love" and "forever" were bouncing around in his head! I don't think I ...more
The Novel Approach Reviews
Aug 28, 2013 The Novel Approach Reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, mystery
I sincerely hope that there is another book in this series because I was left with some questions that weren’t answered before the dreaded words “The End” appeared on my Kindle. I highly recommend this book and the first book of the series also. So head on over and pick up your copy and take a trip to the Isle of Wishes. You definitely won’t be disappointed.

You can read the rest of Jackie's review at The Novel Approach
Corina Ponta
Oct 16, 2016 Corina Ponta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re-Read
Dani Elle Maas
Aug 18, 2013 Dani Elle Maas rated it it was amazing
Fantastic – if I would have to say one word! I loved this book. It can definitely compete with the first book “The Isle of … Where?” and that is always a question in my opinion as a sequel needs to box up to the first part always.

In this sequel, Sue Brown does that and even more.

In this book, we meet Paul, Sam’s brother (Sam is one of the MCs in the prequel) and we meet detective Olaf – a US cop. The plot thought over is genious because as the blurb says – they meet when Liam goes missing. And S
Chris Einfach unverbesserlich
Der Polizist Paul Owens begleitet seinen Bruder Sam in die USA um dort nach Sam’s Verlobten zu suchen, der seit einigen Tagen vermisst wird. Während Sam natürlich mit den Nerven völlig am Ende ist, zeigt Paul sich total pragmatisch und vernünftig. Aber er ist ja auch vom Fach und weiss wo und wie man an den richtigen Stellen Informationen bekommt. So lernen die Brüder aus England Detective Olaf Skandik kennen, der sich Liam’s Fall annimmt. Und tatsächlich gelingt es mit Skandiks Hilfe Liam zu ...more
GayListBookReviews
Oct 25, 2013 GayListBookReviews rated it really liked it
B+

In many ways this is two stories in one book. We continue the story of Liam and Sam from The Isle of...Where? and get to see how they end up, which was awesome. I was so worried for them and concerned for Liam’s health. Then there is the story of Paul and Olaf who meet while trying to find the missing Liam.

Paul is such a brat. He is the baby of the family and with six older brothers he had to find ways to express himself and his independance that have become silly habits as he has gotten older
Mathilda Grace
May 07, 2016 Mathilda Grace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Band 2 der Strand-Reihe schließt im Grunde nahtlos an die Geschichte von Sam und Liam aus dem 1. Teil an, sie dreht sich jedoch um Sams Bruder Paul und dessen zukünftigen Schatz Olaf Skandik, einem ehemaligen Soldat und jetzt ungeouteten Polizist in den 40igern, der dabei hilft, Liam zu finden, als der auf einem Kurztripp in seiner Heimat spurlos verschwindet und Sam deswegen natürlich völlig am Rad dreht.

Paul erzählt die Geschichte um das Wiederfinden von Liam und seine langsam aufkommenden Gef
Plainbrownwrapper
Sep 11, 2013 Plainbrownwrapper rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
I really loved the characters in the first Isle of Wight book. They and their emotions carried the book very well for me.

Unfortunately, I didn't feel the same affection for the guys in this one. Even when characters from the first book entered the story, I just wasn't thrilled. The magic is gone!

It wasn't bad, it just didn't grab me. And the lack of drama didn't help, either. All of the plot drama was front-loaded into the first half of the book, with the second half consisting of lots of wishyi
Stacey Jo
This is a great sequel to The Isle of... Where?. The main focus of this book is Sam's younger brother Paul. He's the snarky one of the family, the one that most think is a bit of a jerk. In this one, Liam disappears in the states and Sam is beside himself. Paul drops everything and goes with Sam to find Liam. Turns out Paul has a really nice side to him that very closeted copy, Olaf, can't resist. Looking very much forward to the next book in this series. Looking forward to another wedding.
Hanne
Aug 20, 2013 Hanne rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I just want to say that I the Owens family!

It started with a bit of angst as Liam disappeared while back in the US to finish packing before he was to return to the UK and marry Sam. Sam and his youngest brother Paul (a MET policeman) flies over try to find him. Olaf Skandik is the sheriff's dep. who are out in charge of the case. Paul and Olaf are attracted to each other, but there are quite a lot standing in their way. Their story is a HFN.

The most beautiful and moving scen
Valérie
Sep 06, 2015 Valérie rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-books
3,75/5

Une romance "doudou " comme dirait une de mes amies, le genre de lecture légère qui ne vous prend pas la tête. Et puis retrouver la famille Owens était agréable, et j'ai bien aimé le couple Paul & Olaf, très sympathique. De l'humour, une petite touche de drama et de bons sentiments, une famille haute en couleur, peut-être pas une grande profondeur dans le fond, mais une excellente détente.
Marsha Spence
Aug 25, 2013 Marsha Spence rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! What's going to happen next?! Looking forward to book 3 and really enjoying this series. I really loved that Liam and Sam were so much a part of this book. I really really loved it!
El Ma
May 10, 2016 El Ma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ich gebe aufgerundete 4,5* - den Grund findet ihr hier:

Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I don't know what took me so long to read both books 1 and 2, but it's now on to book three. Very enjoyable series.
Portia
Aug 26, 2013 Portia rated it it was amazing
REALLY enjoyed this story. For me, it was nice to see one couple reconnect and one couple discover love. Just enough angst and just enough lovin'. Highly recommend.
Earlyn
Sep 04, 2015 Earlyn rated it really liked it
lovely read, two stories and it concluded with Sam and Liam marriage. There is a 3rd instalment to the story of Olaf and Paul and another couple mentioned in both books.

Have the hanky ready.
Candice
Jun 18, 2015 Candice rated it really liked it
EEK! Loved Paul and Olaf. Kind of wished they had more time together though without the Sam/Liam drama. I think I needed that.
Rick
Mar 15, 2015 Rick rated it it was amazing
Did not disappoint! As a matter of fact I'm so into this series that as soon as I finished the last page I purchased the next in the series!
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Audio Edition
Reviewer: Barb
Genre: M/M Cops
3 Hearts

See Review Here: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hearts...

Review:
This sequel to The Isle of Where? didn’t have the pace, substance, or passion of the first story. This is a review of the audiobook so my interpretation of the story was influenced by the narration.

Aniko
Aug 31, 2013 Aniko rated it it was amazing
4.5 to 4.75 stars

While on a brief trip back to the States to finalise everything before moving permanently to London, Sam’s fiancé, Liam Marshall, disappears on his way to visit the daughter and ex-wife of his deceased best friend, Alex. After three days of hearing nothing or being able to get hold of Liam, Sam, desperately scared that something terrible has happened, begs his younger brother for help. Paul Owens, a beat cop, immediately agrees to accompany his big brother to Douglas, Michigan t
Sara
Why did I wait to read this one? I waited because I knew I needed to. I needed to feel the distance between Liam and Sam even though I was anxious for their wedding. I loved, LOVED being with Sam again as he teased his baby brother Paul…oh Paul.

While this is Paul’s book, the first quarter is more Sam and Paul trying to find Liam. Which I was fine with until he meet the gorgeous Olaf Skandik and all I could think about was Paul climbing the man who is built like a tree. Looking back, it was all I
T. Smith
Aug 19, 2013 T. Smith rated it it was amazing
In book 1, The Isle of Where, we were introduced to Sam and Liam. Now in wishes Liam has approval to move to and live in the UK so he and Sam are crazy busy planning their wedding. When several days pass with no phone call, email or text from Liam; Sam knows something is wrong. He calls his brother Paul, who’s a police detective, and the Owen’s family backs the brothers as they make plans to fly to the US to find Liam.

Paul puts his experience as a cop to work and quickly gets information on Liam
  • Hungry for Love
  • Cricket
  • Love, Like Water
  • Merry Gentlemen
  • Whiskey and Wry (Sinners, #2)
  • Stranded (Stranded, #1)
  • Attachment Strings (Jeff Woods Mystery, #1)
  • Puzzle Me This
  • Monsters under the Bed (Lifting the Veil, #4)
  • One Night Ever After
  • Recovery (Salvage Stories, #2)
  • Hobbled
  • Cover Up (Toronto Tales, #2)
  • Delsyn's Blues (Vasquez & James, #2)
  • Brokenhearted (Hope Cove, #1)
  • Sole Support
  • Sweet Young Thang (Theta Alpha Gamma, #3)
  • I Can See For Miles
Sue Brown is owned by her dogs and two teenagers. When she isn't following their orders, she can be found plotting at her laptop.

Sue discovered M/M romance at the time she woke up to find two men kissing on her favourite television series. The series is long gone but the kissing was tender and Sue had a lightbulb moment.

Since then she has written many stories hoping to recreate that tender momen
More about Sue Brown...

The Isle (3 books)
  • The Isle of... Where? (Isle of Wight, #1)
  • Isle of Waves (Isle of Wight, #3)