Start by marking “Fantastical Ramblings: A Collection of Short Fantasy Fiction” as Want to Read:
Fantastical Ramblings: A Collection of Short Fantasy Fiction

Fantastical Ramblings: A Collection of Short Fantasy Fiction

Roam with Herakles in search of a safe home for a magical sword, go into exile with a descendant of Merlin, and learn the wisdom of a wolfhound pup to help you wander along newly forged paths into the imagination. Award-winning author Irene Radford presents twelve fantasy stories including classics, out-of-print anthology pieces, and a tantalizing new tale or two.
ebook
Published 2013 by Book View Café

To ask other readers questions about Fantastical Ramblings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fantastical Ramblings

Nikki
Received from a Librarything giveaway! I've never read anything by Irene Radford before, so perhaps I'm not the best audience for some of these stories, which seem to be connected to her novels. Some of the stories are stand-alone ones, though.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of them really captured my attention -- they're easy to read, and some of them definitely made me smile (the dragon bookworm, for example, about which I could make plenty of puns if people in general were more aware that t
M—
Radford is a capable writer. Her stories are imaginative and well crafted. And I genuinely don’t like any of them. I read about five of the stories in this collection, and maybe two others from a previous anthology, and I actively disliked each one. The stories she tells just aren’t ones I want to hear. INYIM. YMMV. DNF. Two stars.
Melissa
Oct 04, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-challenge
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book is a collection of short stories that were related to the authors other pieces of work. To me it was like watching movie trailers. You can get an idea what the actual story is about, but if you want all details you need to read the whole book. This made me want to read a lot of the author works.
Olivia Cox
Olivia Cox rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Aims
Aims rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Michael Peeples
Michael Peeples rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2013
Tara Walker
Tara Walker marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2013
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Sorcha
Sorcha marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
A pseudonym used by C.F. Bentley. Also known as P.R. Frost.

Irene has been writing stories ever since she figured out what a pencil was for. Combining a love for Medieval history and a fascination with paranormal, Irene concentrated on fantasy writing.

In her spare time, Irene enjoys lacemaking and is a long time member of an international guild. Check out THE LONELIEST MAGICIAN, The Dragon Nimbus #
More about Irene Radford...