Start by marking “Noches Apasionadas: (Passionate Nights)” as Want to Read:
Noches Apasionadas: (Passionate Nights)

Noches Apasionadas: (The Good, The Bad, and The Texan #2)

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  40 reviews
¿Para qué están los amigos?

Summer Patterson deseaba un hijo más que nada en el mundo. Lo que no quería era un ma­rido. Por suerte, Ryder MoClain, su mejor amigo, podía ser el donante de esperma perfeoto. Era leal, innegablemente sexy y el únioo hombre en el que ella oonfiaba… y esa era la únioa razón por la que aooedió a oonoebir a su hijo de un modo natural.

Las noohes oo
Published January 21st 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Noches Apasionadas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Noches Apasionadas

Jill
Ryder and Summer have been friends for years, best friends. Everything is going smoothly until Summer drops a bombshell on Ryder. She wants a baby and she wants him to be the father. She has it all figured out, until she realises that she doesn't get to call all the shots in this situation.
When Ryder takes things into his own hands, startling truths about Summer come to light and he finds he wants to help her now more than ever, but just as friends. Or is it maybe more?

A Baby Between Friends had
Elle (Ligia)
I read A Baby Between Friends in a heartbeat, a few days ago.

Summer and Ryder have been friends for a few years. Summer had lost her family a few years before meeting him, and after thinking a lot about it she decided she wanted to start a family of her own, only she needs Ryder’s help to do so.

Summer wants a baby, and she’s willing to let Ryder of the hook of the responsibilities that come with being a father just as long as he helps her have her baby. What she didn’t expect was for Ryder to wa
Mariana Bezerra
I usually love a book with friends falling in love and this one even had babies, but I just didn’t liked this couple, maybe is because Ryder is acting all fine and suddenly he changes. Anyway, not my favorite book by far.

Summer is actually a nice girl and I understand her fears and her reasons for wanting a family, but Ryder was not the best person for her. The couple didn’t showed a lot of sparks and he helped her, but the relationship felt a little bleak for me.

The know each other for years an
Jenn Scranton
You know, this was one of those super cute HEA... AND I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!

I read this on the flight from Minneapolis to D.C. it was so cute! I've been having dreams about it for a week.

This book will just make you smile. :D
gfe0001
I really wanted to like this book since I' love stories about friends falling in love, but this story didn't execute it very well. I felt it was really rushed, they went from friends to instantly in love, didn't allow for the characters to develop chemistry. I also agree with previous reviews that question their relationship as "bestfriends" it seemed as though they didn't really know one another well enough for it to be believable.
Dyah Subagyo
Maaf ya cuma kasih satu bintang. Tapi ceritanya tuh ga logis. Aneh banget. Masak cowoknya tadinya mau jadi ayah bayi ceweknya, terus dengan cepat dan seenak udelnya membatalkan? Pas ngomong mau katanya udah dipikir... Dipikirnya kurang lama ya Mas? Terus ada villainnya tapi villainnya ga jelas gitu. Ga usah ada juga ga pengaruh. Saking ga jelas dan dangkalnya penceritaannya, bacanya jadi super skip.
KEMBALIKAN WAKTU DALAM HIDUP GUE YANG UDAH HABIS UNTUK BACA BUKU INI.

Romance stories can be chees
Tia
Not very good. Pretty slow and really uncomplicated. I didn't really like it but gave it two stars anyways.
Lila Leigh Hunter
My view

This book presents a sweet story between two friends and how their love developed with their interactions. The characters passed most of their time during the story together with minimal interactions from others.

Both characters were attached to their pasts and that caused their relationship to flourish, but at the same time set them back. In a way, they complemented each other and at the same time, Ryder protected them both.

More a moment I thought the Last Chance Ranch mentioned in thi
Lisa (Fic Talk)

Susan
Very good book. I like friends to lovers stories and this one was pretty sweet. Summer and Ryder have been friends for several years and she is very comfortable with him. She doesn't think she will ever marry but she wants a child of her own, so she asks Ryder to help her out. Ryder is surprised but ends up willing to do it. Neither one expects their friendship to heat up to something more.

I liked both Summer and Ryder. Summer had been alone for several years after the deaths of her parents. She
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Summer, who want to have a baby, but she doesn’t want anyone’s baby. She wanted her best friend’s Ryder baby. She asked Ryder to be her sperm donor. Summer is alone in the world when she lost her parent. She has been living like a nomad while travelling from one rodeo to another. She wanted to have a child that she can call her own but she doesn’t want to get married after a bad incident during her younger days. Ryder was surprised with her request but after a deep co ...more
Joanne
A Baby Between Friends
By Kathie Denosky
Summary courtesy of goodreads.com
What Are Best Friends For?
More than anything, Summer Patterson wants a baby. What she doesn't want is a husband. Thankfully, her best friend, Ryder McClain, makes the perfect sperm donor. Ryder is loyal, undeniably sexy and the one man she trusts—the only reason she agrees to conceive their baby naturally.

When baby-making nights with Summer blaze like the West Texas sun, Ryder feels the heat. He never expected Summer to say
FicTalk Blog
A story about a young woman who is best friends with a handsome cowboy--and work colleagues; they both work for the traveling rodeo--who decides that the one thing she wants most in her life... is the one thing only he can give her. Summer and Ryder have been best friends for a couple of years now, and Summer's been thinking about having a baby for the last couple of months and she's decided who she wants to be the baby's daddy. Yep, her BFF. She's got a few conditions, if he agrees to go throug ...more
Gail
Nice little story. I enjoyed it.

I do wonder where in Texas the hero's ranch might be tho, since there really aren't any canyons near Waco. Bluffs and gullies and washes, yes, but no canyons. The ranch would have to be west of Waco, as well since the city (which is one of the "tier 2" 200,000 pop cities) is on the line between row-crop farm land and drier rocky ranch land...and people kept talking about going up or down to Waco...
Rhonda
Best friends turned lovers are one of my favorite tropes. I find that most of my friends are men and can totally relate how easy it would be to take that one step further. Best friends already trust each other and have shared so much about themselves that it should be easy. Ryder hid a secret that he felt would change how Summer viewed him, and not for the better.

I really liked this book. I wish the ending would’ve happened a little differently. I don’t like the fact that Summer basically did a
Cogito_ergo_sum
The story started out fine at the very beginning and then everything went nuts. The characters started solid and then suddenly started acting out of character. They went from, "this is my very respectable best friend who knows nothing about my private life and I've never thought of them romantically" to "I love you so much I can't think of living without you" in the blink of an eye. How believable is that? Furthermore, the pacing of the story dragged. I had to put the book down four times, due t ...more
Brenda
There were best friends. Neither wanted more. Except Summer Patterson wanted a baby to call her own. She was lonely yet was not wanting a relationship. Although there were sperm banks as an option, Summer wanted to know the father. Growing up, Ryder McClain had no one. As a teen he became a foster brother to five other teens. To this day the boys remained close. And because of his past, Ryder had no desire to sire a child and forget about it.

Denosky has a unique voice. Not only does she create c
Kesha
Oct 23, 2014 Kesha marked it as could-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
They are best friends and he didn't know that she has been living out of hotels and hasn't had a house the entire time he has know her. She believes he is such an upstanding person but she doesn't want him to have anything to do with their child.
carol ann
Really enjoyed this book well-written loved this couple story both made for each other,enjoyed the previous book too ! A lovely friendship Summer wanted a baby but she wanted her best-friend to be her sperm donor Ryder McClain the only man she feels she can trust because of a past experience he is very loyal and handsome, He agrees but only if he can be involved in their child's life and only if they conceive their child naturally, He never expected summer to agree to his proposal!
Diah Didi
Since I loved the first book from the series, I definitely can't wait to read this book.
This one's about Ryder, and his best friend, Summer. Oh my, how I love this friends-to-lovers theme.
I loved how sweet Ryder to Summer, knowing she had this issue toward man. I would want one Ryder for me, please.
I loved the interactions between Ryder and his foster brothers. Couldn't wait to read about the others.

I definitely must have this!

eARC provided by Harlequin via Net Galley

Tammy
I just finished A Baby Between Friends & I loved it. I was a sweet romance story that I didn't want to end. I loved Ryder & Summer from the beginning. When it can to Summer, Ryder was sweet, patient, and understand with her. Even though he was really hard on himself. I'm glad his brothers & Summer knocked some sense in him & wouldn't let him do it to himself. I'm just sad I have to wait until next year to read book 3.
Bonnie
A Baby Between Friends by Kathie DeNosky was a good book. Ryder owns a ranch. He also works at a Rodeo. Summer sets up the rodeo's, in the different towns. She is ready to have a baby and wants Ryder to be the father without getting married. Lots of things happen. A good read.
Lisa C
The stilted and mediocre writing reads like the work of a well-educated author who neither understands her audience nor particularly appreciates her genre. The bland characters significantly declined in believability after the first sex scene before wrapping up in a nauseatingly trite (short) denouement and inevitable conclusion. Still, I didn't actively hate it and it was fun for a while.
Tori Macallister
This was actually well written with a tight plot, but it was very offensive to rape victims (the heroine gets over her fears from a past rape - one she never reported or received therapy regarding - in a single week). A rather manufactured element keeping them apart and unemotional conclusion made the overall impression a lackluster one.
Charlene
As other reviewers have noted, these two "best friends" really did not know much about each other, yet they both identified the other as a best friend.

When the man's secrets were finally revealed, it seems to me that the woman capitulated awfully fast after their one-sided breakup, didn't she? Maybe we could blame it on hormones?

Karen
2nd in The Good, The Bad and The Texan series. This is Ryder's story. His best friend Summer wants a baby to raise on her own and who better than her BFF Ryder to be the donor. Raised in Foster care, Ryder has a few conditions of his own. A sweet story and a nice read for a lazy summer day.
Roub
it's nice n safe, their chemistry was not hot n der were no major issues in the book.i mean no big misunderstandings nor betrayal. i felt the tone was monotone, ryder a bit too over the top but dats what summer needed as she's a rape victim
Harlequin Books
"Readers will enjoy this sweet story that packs an emotional punch with a dollop of Texas heat." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: The Good, the Bad and the Texan
Category: Passion

Jodi
Love this series, but should not have to wait so long between. I almost gave up looking for second book to come out because of how long took.
Ann  Lorz
This is the second book in the series and just as enjoyable as the first. It's a sweet romance that will make you smile and laugh.
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • A Beauty Uncovered (Secrets of Eden, #2)
  • Conveniently His Princess (Married by Royal Decree, #2)
  • Expecting a Bolton Baby
  • The Baby Deal
  • The Consequences of That Night
  • Prince of Secrets (By His Royal Decree, #2)
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • An Inconvenient Affair (The Alpha Brotherhood, #1)
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • Waking Up to You: Waking Up to You / Overexposed
  • Riding High (Sons of Chance, #14)
  • Whatever the Price (Hollywood #2)
  • She's Having the Boss's Baby
  • Caroselli's Christmas Baby (The Caroselli Inheritance #1)
  • Driving Her Wild (Wilinski's, #3)
  • An Invitation to Sin (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #2)
Kathie writes at night with country tunes playing from a local radio station while the rest of the world sleeps. It's the quiet time of the night that inspires her to craft her stories with a unique style of sensuality, interspersed with a little humor.

Kathie has been a Romance Writers of America Golden Heart finalist twice. Her June 2001 release, His Baby Surprise, received the National Readers'
More about Kathie DeNosky...

The Good, The Bad, and The Texan (2 books)
  • His Marriage to Remember
One Night, Two Babies (Silhouette Desire, #1966) The Billionaire's Unexpected Heir (Silhouette Desire, #1972) Baby at His Convenience Bossman Billionaire His Marriage to Remember