Start by marking “She Effin� Hates Me: A Love Story” as Want to Read:
She Effin� Hates Me: A Love Story

She Effin� Hates Me: A Love Story

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Molly has arrived home from Vassar to reveal that she has an important announcement to make. Her mother, Suzanne, is convinced that Molly’s news is history repeating herself — and that she’s about to become a thirty-six-year-old grandmother. Suzanne’s mother, Ava, develops a case of impending great-grandmother fever—that is, when she’s not spying on the new next-door neigh ...more
Published February 4th 2014 by Skyhorse Publishing

To ask other readers questions about She Effin� Hates Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She Effin� Hates Me

Rebecca
Great dialogue and a positive story about three generations of strong women. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Christina
Complimentary copy provided by the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Suzanne is thirty-six years old, the mother to an eighteen-year-old daughter, Molly that is getting ready to head to Vassar for her freshman year. Suzanne has also just left her husband of eighteen years and has moved back in with her recovering alcoholic mom, Ava while she figures out how to put her life back together. One weekend, right before school starts, Molly comes home and she has a big announcement to s
Melinda
Three generations of women funding their tectonic plates shifting as all three embark on new journey's together and separately. A story addressing the importance of complete honesty, acceptance and love of yourself and of your family.

All three main characters are strong, independent women, all three charming in their own right. The banter is extremely witty and each woman faces her own situation which weaves all three of their phases together. Indirect references of feminism, Wiccan, alcoholism
Joan
The dialogue felt forced and juvenile. The characters did not feel real to me. I just didn't connect to them. These were not people I would ever meet and think that I would like to get to know them better. I never really got what the plot was. I kept reading thinking there was going to be more to the story and there just never was. I found it to be a boring read.
Judi
Sweet and well written

Nice development of characters and the story moves along. This must be what they mean when they say good beach read. I found myself picking it up as escape reading every evening.
Jamie D.
This is not the type of book I normally read, but I really enjoyed the characters and the story line. I was a bit disappointed at the end because wanted to know the next few days' worth of the story, but overall it was an enjoyable read.
Elaine
I'm at 33% and so far it's just talk talk talk…

At 35%… I tried to keep going but just couldn't. Even when they are marketing, it's not about shopping. It's just talk talk talk. Nothing ever happens.
Adriana
Such awkwardness. The book read like a made-for-TV-movie script that was converted into a novel. Lots of stilted phrasing, and every once in a while you could see some genuine talent in there, but if it wasn't a free-read I would never have picked it up.
Georgia C.
I liked it

just a good old fashioned drama story that I enjoyed. if I'm being honest it was a tiny bit too tame, but also poignant. so it balanced out :)
Darla
Entertaining, but felt the author was hiding the ball too much. It took entirely too long for the daughter's "secret" to come out. The characters make it a fun beach.
Kristen
The storyline was enjoyable. The spelling and grammar typos were annoying. I often had a hard time figuring out which character was talking as it changed frequently even on the same page.
Jan Mcclung-short
A great read with alot of good dialog. This book is casual read. Nothing to write about.
Tamara Merrill
This is a love story but I just found it so simple that I couldn't care about anyone.
Jeannie Bilodeau
an ok read, tho quite predictable.
Nicole Mavrides
Nicole Mavrides marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Jen
Jen is currently reading it
Jan 22, 2015
Sara Galura
Sara Galura is currently reading it
Jan 22, 2015
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie is currently reading it
Elizabeth R McDonald
Elizabeth R McDonald marked it as to-read
Adrith Bicchieri
Adrith Bicchieri marked it as to-read
Brooke Beltrame
Brooke Beltrame marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Lori
Lori is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2015
sandra swartzendruber
sandra swartzendruber is currently reading it
Jan 14, 2015
Jowea Lake
Jowea Lake marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • What Comes After Crazy
  • Strictly Professional
  • Come Home Again (The Donovans)
  • Boy Without Instructions: Surviving the Learning Curve of Parenting a Child with ADHD
  • The Weekend Getaway (How To Catch A Billionaire, #2)
  • All Beautiful Things
  • The Tanning of America: How Hip-Hop Created a Culture That Rewrote the Rules of the New Economy
  • Beginning Again
  • The Garden on Sunset (Hollywood's Garden of Allah #1)
  • Unravelled
  • Happily Ever After
  • Socially Awkward
  • French Women Don't Get Facelifts: The Secret of Aging with Style & Attitude
  • Switcheroo
  • Her Billionaires: The Complete Collection (Her Billionaires, #1-4)
  • Mommy, May I?
  • Surrendering to Marriage
  • The Idea of Him: A Novel
Narcotic Nation She Effin' Hates Me: A Love Story Broken Raven: Don't get mad ... Get everything! Broken Raven