Start by marking “Bob & Rob & Corn on the Cob” as Want to Read:
Bob & Rob & Corn on the Cob

Bob & Rob & Corn on the Cob

Bob and Rob are two squirrels who just love eating corn on the cob. Their friends—a duck, a dog, a chicken, and a piglet—also love corn on the cob, but not Ella Mae Dobbs, a rabbit with a more refined palate. She’s a little bit of a snob when it comes to trying foods she doesn’t like. She prefers curly-cut carrots, hot cheese fondue, and especially tofu! Bob and Rob devise ...more
Published May 13th 2014 by Sky Pony Press (first published May 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Bob & Rob & Corn on the Cob, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bob & Rob & Corn on the Cob

Susie
May 05, 2014 Susie rated it it was amazing
I've "known" a little about Bob and Rob for many years -- since my son first thought about writing a children's book. But when the book came Friday, I found I liked them even better than I remembered! They are so CUTE! And Bob, especially, has a depth of character you don't often see in a picture book. I didn't know exactly what adventure they'd find with Corn on the Cob ... and was very surprised with the fun little twists! This isn't just another book about trying new foods! I LOVE the ...more
Heidi
Nov 11, 2014 Heidi rated it really liked it
What a wacky, funny story! I think that this story mostly just reminded me that we all have different tastes in terms of what we like to eat but if we are all willing to compromise a bit, common ground can be found. Bob and Rob and their friends all love corn on the cob, but not Ella Mae Dobbs who prefers carrots and tofu, although she wouldn't mind having a kabob. But thanks to some wheeling and dealing (sorry Rob about having to eat tofu) and the help of a lost little robot, they discover that ...more
Alice
Aug 08, 2014 Alice rated it liked it
This is a fun book about trying new things and well, corn on the cob.

I love corn on the cob, can't wait for my corn crop to produce at least one dinners worth of corn. LOVE IT!

This book however, is fun with the rhymes, but I can't give it higher than a 3 star.

I like the rhymes and the story is cute enough . The pictures are okay but not my favorite!

And BTW no one likes Tofu, even people who say they like it, they are lying!! ;-)
Samantha
Jul 08, 2014 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Funny with a Green Eggs and Ham vibe and plenty of clever rhyming words.

Two squirrels attempt to get a snooty friend of theirs to try corn on the cob with humorously positive results.

I ended up liking this book way more than I predicted I would. Such a fun read aloud for PreK-2 with mixed media artwork full of memorable characters.

Can't wait to see what this author/illustrator comes up with next!
Sarah Ashburn
Jun 16, 2015 Sarah Ashburn rated it liked it
Shelves: language-play
Great book for phonics skills. There are many words that have similar sounds. There are also many words that are repeated throughout which helps young students who are learning phonics. The book has pretty simple words which is great for new readers. Good book just not my favorite for teaching these skill...not because it wasn't helpful, I just think there are other options that could be continued as whole lessons.
Mary
Depending on the audience, this book could be great or a flop. There is one character who eats tofu and other "fancy" food, while the others eat corn on the cob and tend not to like the fancy food that the other character eats. It rhymes and is very accessible to young children, but I'd suggest reading it before presenting it to an audience to screen it just in case.
Barbara
Aug 08, 2014 Barbara rated it really liked it
Shelves: story-time, gardening
These hipster squirrels make me laugh. Not quite sure about he little robot guy, but the surprise at the end makes this a fun story to use in story time. I am thinking about adding it to my upcoming scarecrow program.
Bethe
Sep 29, 2014 Bethe rated it it was ok
Odd little book with assorted animals in funny hats discover corn on the cob can be transformed into popcorn. Rhyming text could be smoother.
Abby Morgan
Jun 07, 2015 Abby Morgan rated it it was ok
Shelves: language-play
The illustrations were not as detailed and colorful as I would have liked to have seen. The story although incorporated rhyme in a creative way.
Fredrick Danysh
Mar 07, 2016 Fredrick Danysh rated it liked it
Shelves: children-ya
Corn on the Cob is a delightful children's book full of wacky color pictures. It has the hidden message of not condemning a food until you try it. Great for younger kids.
Marcie
I can see reading this aloud and then having popcorn. I like it a little and maybe after multiple readings will like it better.
Pinky
Pinky rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Shana
Shana rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2014
Jill
May 18, 2016 Jill rated it really liked it
hilarious!
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
May 09, 2014
Academianut
Academianut rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Jess
Jess rated it it was ok
Dec 25, 2014
Benji Martin
Benji Martin rated it liked it
May 13, 2015
Laura rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Laurie
Laurie rated it did not like it
Jul 01, 2014
Abigail
Abigail rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2016
mg
mg rated it really liked it
May 17, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Jeri
Jeri rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2014
Ecl  Storytellers
Ecl Storytellers rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2014
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Pat Cummings
Pat Cummings rated it it was ok
Dec 15, 2014
Cheyanna
Cheyanna rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2014
Jo
Jo rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Todd McQueen is an author, illustrator, and graphic designer. Whether through writing, visual art, or the spoken word, he loves telling (and hearing) a good story.
More about Todd McQueen...