Start by marking “Deadly Deadly” as Want to Read:
Deadly Deadly

Deadly Deadly

Deadly Deadly is an exciting, larger than life epic that takes place during the growth of our nation westward that details the hardship encountered on a very special trail drive in the 1800s. Don't let the cover fool you; this is a story for the more mature reader. This exciting novel tells a truly original story among a backdrop of harsh and extreme conditions. Crafted ...more
Published July 5th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Deadly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Deadly

Irene Roth
Oct 06, 2014 Irene Roth rated it it was amazing
This is a western like no other. I truly enjoyed it. Westerns are not usually a genre of book that I read a lot of. But I do enjoy a good Western once in a while, and this one did not disappoint.

This story is about a cattle drive, a beautiful long horn steer, a herd of really special cows, and a cowboy’s survival along the trail. The book takes the reader on a great journey of how life is on the ranch and beyond. I just loved the backdrop for this wonderfully rich book.

Deadly Deadly is Vigna
Gary Cole
Nov 08, 2013 Gary Cole rated it it was amazing
The BEST read I have enjoyed in 2013 and for years. I highly recommend it!
Charlotte Gerber
Oct 23, 2014 Charlotte Gerber rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, adult, western
As someone who grew up on a farm and read the books by Laura Ingalls Wilder and Louis L'Amour, I really enjoyed this book that provided a realistic view of life on the frontier. I found the characters interesting and believable, including Deadly Deadly. My brother had a Holstein bull that he had trained to follow him around, so I do think a relationship between man and beast is possible, ala Grady and Deadly Deadly.

The beginning of the book isn’t warm and cuddly, and it details the difficulties
M J
Aug 28, 2013 M J rated it it was amazing
A breath of fresh air. A great change of pace. A unique character as the hero of the story. May be first time a massive bull was at the center of an epic story. This bull is the pet/partner of a trail boss. You get to learn how they became a pair and how "Deadly" developed many of his talents. This epic adventure is written in such a way that the interesting information on animal behavior, survival, camping, weather, etc are weaved into this story so that you are anxious to read the next page. ...more
Sue
May 21, 2015 Sue rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed this western novel that takes place just before the Civil War. I admired the main character, Grady. I absolutely loved his long-horn bull, Deadly. What a character!! Their relationship was beautiful and made for a terrific working partnership. There was so much to this story - romance, adventure, hardship, humor, terror, abysmal weather conditions - what an incredible gamut of emotions to go through while reading. I laughed, I cried, I cringed, and I felt ...more
Sally Malkowski
Sep 15, 2013 Sally Malkowski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deadly Deadly caught my attention because of the time period and the southwestern area of the United States. I am enthralled with the early development of our great nation. Imagine my surprise when I realized, while it was about survival, animals and their interaction with people also played a huge part in the engrossing story. By the time that hit home, I was too engrossed in it to toss it aside. The talent of this 80-something writer to “speak” from so many different angles/points of view blew ...more
Linda Branich
Sep 07, 2014 Linda Branich rated it it was amazing
Shelves: western
A real shoot 'em up western cattle trail drive to move a tiny herd of Herefords ,belonging to a Spanish lady , to San Antonio, when longhorns roamed the range. One meets the trail boss , who struck out on his own at a tender age after losing his whole family, his best friend, a biscuit-loving longhorn bull, a half breed Indian cowhand, cattle rustlers, murderers, thieves, a party led but Cochise, a severe winter blizzard. Friendship, fierce loyalty, and dedicated teamwork are woven into this ...more
Chuck Heikkinen
Aug 29, 2014 Chuck Heikkinen rated it it was amazing
Mix together a Texas longhorn bull, a cattle drive of fewer than 100 head of cattle, outlaws, very bad weather and a female cattle owner who insists on making the drive with the men. Find a comfortable place for reading the book, put your feet up and enjoy. This is an extremely well-crafted novel with excellent character development. And if you're fond of bulls that that have personality plus, you'll love the book even more.
Julie
Oct 17, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story, it had all the requisites for a western novel. And the heroes best friend and partner was a long horn bull, so that was new. There was a good story and humor here and there. It took a long time to read because I was reading some other books at the same time, but not because this book did not hold my interest. The others were old favorites and I couldn't help but read them again. However, when I got back to this book, I found I was having fun with it. Recommended!
Sivon
Mar 05, 2015 Sivon rated it really liked it
I loved this book. A friend recommended it, and although it's not something I would normally pick up, I'm so glad I did.

The story is all about a cattle driver and a bull who sticks with him through the years like a faithful dog. There is a bit of romance, and a lot of adventure. The book's ending left a few things open and I hope the author will write a second book that picks up where this book leaves off.
Elaine Mayes
Oct 18, 2013 Elaine Mayes rated it it was ok
Shelves: western
This genre (Western) is not one that I read often, but the premise seemed interesting so I picked it up (cheaply). It began very well and I thought I had a five-star book -- but then it began to go downhill steadily. It was interesting enough to keep me reading to the end, but I can't really recommend it.

Patsy
Mar 19, 2014 Patsy rated it really liked it
This is a good western story about a man and a calf bull that he raised to be a friendly pet that saved his life during a snow storm. This is a good story about driving cattle and horses to Texas. A Good western book.
Nancy Harmon
Oct 11, 2013 Nancy Harmon rated it liked it
This was an enchanting story, but the writing was very amateurish and simplistic. The constant head hopping from one character to another drove me crazy. Even the cattle were given human feelings. I could tell this was written by a woman without knowing anything about the author.
Glenna
Jul 06, 2016 Glenna rated it really liked it
Loved this book !! Loved the perspective from Deadly's point of view. Very good book. Only complaint is that Deadly seems to get left out right at the end of the book and I would like to have seen them all to safety. Thought it ended a little abruptly, but still enjoyed it very much.
Tom Park
Dec 03, 2013 Tom Park rated it really liked it
A somewhat face-paced read about a whole world totally unfamiliar to me. The author did seem to cram as much drama into a single cattle drive as you would expect in a career of cattle drives. However, there was no sugar-coating and that made it believable.
Mary Kay Masquelier
May 14, 2014 Mary Kay Masquelier rated it really liked it
What a great ride! Love the old West, love animals and the amazing struggle for survival against brutal elements keeps you right in the moment. Well written epic.
Michele Lacroix
Jun 05, 2015 Michele Lacroix rated it really liked it
Loved this book, loved the characters especially Deadly. The only complaint I have is that it ended suddenly without the resolution, between Grady and Cecily.
Ketu
Ketu rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Angie
Jun 16, 2015 Angie rated it really liked it
Kept me reading until the end. The characters were captivating.
Noreen Kellner
Noreen Kellner rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2014
A.R. Shaw
A.R. Shaw rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2013
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2013
Patrick Corbin
Patrick Corbin rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2013
Marcia Louden
Marcia Louden rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2013
Gwen Goble-Bartzen
Gwen Goble-Bartzen rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2013
Annette Shaw
Annette Shaw rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2013
Linda Culton ruggieri
Linda Culton ruggieri rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2013
Pattie
Pattie rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2014
Jim
Jim rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2015
Gary Steilen
Gary Steilen rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2014