A Fragile Love

A Fragile Love (Love Has No Boundaries)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  163 ratings  ·  39 reviews
This couple is very much in love with each other, but they’ve come to a turning point in their relationship. They don’t realize how fragile love can be and how one moment can change everything.

Dear Author,
I'm so glad we're finally at this point in our relationship where we are comfortable with each other like this in public; I was an idiot for so long, trying to hide what
Published July 16th 2013 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

Mandy*reads obsessively*
Another wonderful contribution to the LHNB event.

I like stories with established couples, because mostly the book ends with the HEA, but it's the After part of that , that I like reading about.

These two love each other, a lot, but life, job, time constraints ..etc have caused a riff to start, unfortunately it took something drastic to wake them up to what they might be losing.

This was a really sweet, romantic and smexy read.
Meep
An established couple with the story starting after the drama as the two acknowledge their love and how close they came to throwing it away.

Lots of nice touches to show how much they love each other and the familiarity between them. A sweet story with a lot of emotion.

It's told flashback style which isn't always smooth but was never disjointed enough to spoil my enjoyment.
Lucy
4.5
Loved this, because it showcased how a lack of communication can make things out of control. They love each other and there was no "big misunderstanding" - this story is something that can (and does) happen every day.
Sandra
A lovely out for you short novella about two young men who both get a rather big wake-up call just in time to save their relationship from going up in flames. A bit of angst and drama, a good chunk of fluff, and holy hot boysecks, Batman.

Free from the M/M Romance group's Love Has No Boundaries challenge.

Go, read it, yeah?
Jules Lovestoread
Such a beautiful, emotional, AND sexy story. Peter and Adam's story of overcoming obstacles, and letting love see them through will fill your heart. There is love, humor, drama, and passion. A wonderful read.
Serena Yates
This is one of the angsty-est, most emotional short stories I have read in quite a while. Adam and Peter are so in love with each other it almost hurts, and yet, they were about to break up when disaster, in the form of Adam having a serious accident, struck. Just like in real life, these men lost focus on what was really important (each other and their love), and this is the story of them learning from their mistakes, understanding that love can be fragile and needs to be nurtured, and finding...more
Nic
This story had an interesting approach. The story started by letting us know there was a big, in the public eye, coming out. However it is not until the end that the details are revealed.

This is a story about a relationship that had the potential to end but tragic circumstances act as the wake up call, making Peter and Adam realise how much they mean to each other and cementing the relationship.

I loved the emotional side to the story slightly more than the sex side as I found the sex talk betwee...more
Kat
Les's writing has always had the ability to make me feel what her characters are feeling; what they are going through. This book is no different. Peter and Adam's story struck deep within me. I was able to feel the pain and love for each of them. While one character is out and comfortable in his own skin, the other one is more reserved, more cautious about who is allowed to know who he is. It takes a horrific accident to show just how fragile their relationship is.
Alexander Vaughn
Les does an outstanding job of taking two people who are so very much in love and pushing it to the max. Where one is out and proud and ready to commit to the fullest the other is scared and hesitant. It takes fate's intervention to show how fragile a heart is. Sometimes we need to almost lose it all to cherish it that much more and Les does an outstanding job of doing that. She brings present and past to the surface in perfect symmetry. Just wonderful! I highly recommend.
K
Jul 16, 2013 K rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: dritc
LHNB story released 16.7.13
Just stretching to 4 stars
This is a story of an established relationship but where one partner is not fully out due to his employers and a job that takes him away from home for most of the time. The other MC is on the verge of leaving him when he's involved in an accident that changes everything for them.
Rachel
I really enjoyed this...I really enjoyed the structure of the story, how it started after the accident and we learned what happened leading up to it later in the story. Very emotional, and great chemistry between Peter and Adam. Very sweet, I enjoyed this one. Thank you for a great story!
Victoria
Sweet and touching. I really enjoyed this story, the characters and the romance. Nice interpretation of the story letter. Thank you Les Joseph for donating your story, your time and your talent.
Alicja
rating: 2/5

review: I downloaded a whole ton of free m/m romance written for the M/M Romance GR group Love Has No Boundaries promotion onto my Kindle and now I am getting through it during my breaks in the day. Maybe I should have read the summaries before I started reading but romance seems to be a hit or miss for me.

This one was a miss. Here we have an established relationship going through a rough patch. It is supposed to be about the little things in life getting in the way of what is really...more
Izzah Sanox
Damn this was so sweet and touching T.T
Such beautiful couples >_<
Thank you!
Pates
What an emotional, yet amazing love story.
The title describes it perfectly..."A Fragile Love".
You never know how much you love someone until they could be taken away.
There is heart hurt, love, passion, and sexiness all in this novella.

Adam and Peter pulled me in and make me want more of them.
I adored Cami, she was fun and loving.
Fabulous story to read!
Connie
When you are about to lose the most important thing in your life, things tend to get into perspective. A serious accident that almost took away the life of his lover is the wake up call Peter needs.
This story is part of the LHNB Event, and it is a wonderful love story.
Virginia
Wow, does this story in the LHNB event pack an emotional punch. I love established couple stories in shorts. This one had such a real life vibe to it as the couple struggled with their feelings and place in their relationship. Very well done. Nicely fit the prompt.
Shell
I can't even say how much I love this story. Peter and Adam will make you want to grab someone you love and hold them close. A beautiful, heartwarming, and om nom nommy story. Gooooo read it. Naiooooowwww!!!

Bethany
This book was so sweet!!!!
Cassie Richards
This story is about an established couple Adam and Peter who are going through a rough patch in their relationship. They have been drifting apart for the past few months due to the demands of Peter's job and Adam's lack of desire to confront the issue.

The story begins as Adam leaves hospital after an accident that has forced Peter out in a very public manner. There isn't really much plot, but the narrative focuses on the pair sorting out their relationship and realising how much they mean to eac...more
V | seventhdevil
This is the second short story I've read by this author and it's def equally amazing! Sweet, hot, emotional and beautifully written - what else could I ask for?
Can't wait for a full-length novel. Is it going to be the full Politics of Sex story? If yes, I need to read it now ♥
Janie
Other than being confused at times on who the narrator was, I really liked this story. I am all for angst, but at the same time I just want to slap people. It drives me crazy that it takes almost losing someone to make you realize you really want them in your life.
jules0623
2.5 stars. I normally don't mind the flashback style of storytelling but it didn't work well here. Not a bad story at all, but the flow of it all was off.
Would have like for this to have been a full novel. Too much stuff to not expound upon. However, it wasn't lacking or unfinished.
Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
Please leave comments on Jules's 5 sweet pea review at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....

This is such a beautiful story. It is filled with love, drama, humor, passion…it really has a bit of everything.

Adam and Peter had absolutely been at a turning point in their relationship, when Adam gets into a terrible accident, forcing a number of issues to come to a head. Adam is out and proud, and Peter, unfortunately, is not. They have been in a committed relationship for quite a while, but Pet...more
Lois - Who Reads
A heartfelt and sweet story.
Annika
3,5*
I loved the first half of the book. Then the "realization of almost loosing the big love and to do everything to keep it" became overly repetitive. So much so, that it bothered me. Then there was the sex scene I started reading and just had to skip. It didn't work for me at all. Why? Because I just couldn't bring the emotional state of wanting to worship someone and cling to him after almost loosing him into accord with dirty talk. In my opinion there should have been a very tender scene.
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Has No Boundaries Anthology: Volume 6. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!
Heather
LHNB- 19,822

Wow. That was a lot of bittersweet angst packed into a short amount of pages.

I have to say, I had a bit of a hard time with the POV switching back and forth.
While I liked Peter and Adam it took almost till the end to figure out what Peter's job was.

I love second chances at love with established characters.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Making It Happen
  • The Tail of a Dog
  • Baited
  • Nothing's Missing Now
Tasting the Forbidden: A Mayhem Erotica Anthology Love Has No Boundaries Anthology: Volume 6