Start by marking “Passion Becomes You” as Want to Read:
Passion Becomes You

Michelle Reid

Passion Becomes You

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  281 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
He Wanted Nothing More Than Her Love...

From their first meeting, Jemma had known that forever wasn't in Leon Staphanades's vocabulary. She was inexperienced, but the passion between them was so powerful that she cast her doubts aside and agreed to Leon's demand of a no-strings affair. Soon Jemma was head over heels in love, and couldn't imagine that she'd ever be the one t
ebook
Published July 16th 2012 by Harlequin Treasury-Harlequin Presents 90s (first published December 9th 1994)

MBR
Passion Becomes You by Michelle Reid is an okay read, that somehow didn't live up to my expectations. I wanted this novel to captivate me, the hero to dazzle me and of course wanted all my emotions in a tangle because of the hero and somehow I 'think' that I just expected too much from this Harlequin.

24 year old Jemma Davis bears the scars of living with two promiscous parents whose lifelong passion it had been to goad one another by sleeping with the next available piece of human flesh of the o
Leona
Jul 20, 2012 Leona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hqn-presents
I really enjoyed this older HP. It had all the traditional angst that I have come to expect, without the alpha asshat type behavior. Leon and Jemma meet and it is LUST at first sight so they head straight into a passionate affair. However, Leon isn't looking for marriage or HEA's and Jemma is relationship damaged having watched her parents have one affair after the other. So both decide to take it one day at a time, with no promises. There is a secondary relationship in the story with Jemma's bo ...more
Jenny
I loved this book. Great passionate story. Basically the hero and heroine have been dating for a few months but it is a a no-strings affair. Jemma gets pregnant but knowing Leon is against children and marriage she ends their affair. 3 months later Leon finds out about the baby, he comes back and proposes marriage. Jemma accepts cause she is now jobless and has a tough pregnancy but their marriage is fragile and not build on trust so angst ensues.

MR is an excellent writer. The hero was passionat
Booklover
Absolutely terrific read,enjoyed it so so much,Leon-Jemma are such strong honest caring adorable wonderful characters.They meet get so attracted to each other Leon then n there asks her out cause he knows she is as attracted to him as she is,Jemma avoids it at first but Leon keeps giving her gifts which again she ignores but the say she goes on date with another man hell break loose Leon comes takes her and they both end up sleeping together and from there their no strings affair starts

Jemma thi
Vanessa
Dec 30, 2011 Vanessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the first moment that Jemma and Leon met there were sparks. They felt the immediate desire to be w/ one another. Only Leon wasn’t interested in forever. Jemma picks up ideas from what Leon says, which is understandable but apparently doesn’t always apply to their situation. It was more of situations in general, but not them. Jemma begins to pull back w/ their r/s not wanting to push for more and Leon doesn’tF seem to understand why, but since he wasn’t enlisting in forever he allows her to ...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Wow! Sexy, angsty, and good as heck! THIS was a very good read. I didn't care for some of the ways the hero addressed the women in the book, but it seems to be part and parcel of the genre during this time peroid.
Roub
Jul 08, 2014 Roub rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
the plot was too common for me though the hero was a big change! he did not take prize for biggest asshole of the year! neway so the plot: hero lusts after heroine, has an affair wid her. ofc she’s a virgin and they did not use any contraceptive precautions the 1st time! she gets pregnant and they get married. later, she finds out he intended to marry her before knowing of her pregnancy but not bcoz he love her. so misunderstandings ensured. i found it irritating how much jemma was involved in j ...more
Books&Friends
Apr 23, 2011 Books&Friends rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honest.
From the start, Jemma and Leon's relationship is based on desires as honest as the adult conversations they have. There are no silly misunderstandings. He is up front and she's accepts the limitations of their affair. Having watched her employer treat his pregnant gf like dirt and her subsequent abortion with glee, Jemma harbors no illusions. No rose-colored glasses.
When an unexpected pregnancy occurs, Jemma makes tough choices. After all, Leon had made it clear theirs was an affair with
Bookabulary
Apr 04, 2014 Bookabulary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another countrygirl-meets-worldly man story. But this one I actually liked. The characters really came out so realistically that I just couldn't help falling in love with them.

Jemma Davis was just living a simple life as a secretary. But that ended when she met Leon Stephanades. Or when he set his eyes on her, whichever way you prefer it. Theirs started as a no-strings affair, which was why when everything was turning "permanent," Jemma had the presence of mind to try to back away. She might ha
Missy
Apr 07, 2016 Missy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Such hot amazing chemistry between Leon and Jemma..it really blazes!

Jemma maybe down to earth, caring, and nice but she also can spot a womanizer a foot away and resist the charming net they cast. She has no use or respect for that type of man...what a tough cookie!

Leon is one sexy gift to woman, charming, and tough but he also has a caring side and is afraid to love.....that he actually hides from his feelings for Jemma.

When they first meet....BAM! What a meeting.....the chemistry alone f
Kaycee Sapinoso
4 Stars!

I loved Vintage HP books. They definitely satisfy all my my needs for drama, angst, and exceedingly arrogant, chauvinistoc, overly jealous men. And this one didn't disappoint. I was hooked from the moment I started it until the last page. I totally devoured it in one sitting.

There was an insta-lust, but they didn't do the deed immediately. I liked how Jemma didn't immediately jump and accept Leon's proposition even though she find herself attracted to him. She's actually my kimd of hero
kholiette
Aug 08, 2015 kholiette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am in love with this book. Michelle Reid is my favorite romance writer, she just knows how to touch the heart and gives you goosebumps. Pure old fashioned love and lust that cannot be rivaled by any other romance writer, and I love love that I know what is happening in the heads of her complex Alpha to die for heroes. This book is everything I need in a romance and I am so bummed that Ms Reid hasn’t written anything new for a while. I hope she comes back to her fans with a new book soon.
Shay Marshall
Sep 22, 2015 Shay Marshall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Love Love....read this about 5 yrs ago. Loaned my neighbour and she stole it (typical). Have the pdf version but want it in hard copy. Yup its a keeper.
Tia
Feb 13, 2014 Tia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this was definitely a powerful read. However I was disappointed by the fact that we never got to find out the sex of the baby or the for real outcome, only that he loved her. I guess that's all that matters, right? Great novel!
KC
A pleasant read but not the most memorable or exciting one for me. Leon and Jemma's passion for each other was palpable. I could really tell Leon had fallen in love with Jemma by the way he treated her. In all, their happy ending was believable.
Shakira
Shelves: romance, adult
Ok. C + R
Lisa
Sep 07, 2011 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, when I read this book in the 90s, I LOVED it. It has been on my keeper shelf since then-one of those books that you can always grab and re-read but it is a stereotypical Harlequin Presents so don't expect plot twists and 3D characters. Love it for what it is-an escape.
Diane
i re-read my hp's every so often, so it was this book's turn. standard hp fare--greek billionaire, virgin secretary, pregnancy, and so on.
Mary-jane
4.8*
i love Michelle reid's books
Melanie♥
Nov 21, 2010 Melanie♥ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Vidya
Vidya marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Shannon Garcia
Shannon Garcia rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Penny Watson
Penny Watson rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Francine
Francine rated it did not like it
Jul 03, 2016
Neenu
Neenu rated it it was ok
Jul 03, 2016
  • The Valentine Child (Wedlocked!) (Harlequin Presents, #1795)
  • Prisoner of Passion
  • Bought with His Name
  • Reckless Night In Rio
  • Just One Last Night
  • A Past Revenge
  • Temptation
  • Separate Lives
  • Breaking Point
  • Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)
  • Valentino's Love-Child
Hi, my name is Michelle Reid and I’ve been writing for Harlequin Mills & Boon for the last twenty years, and the crazy part about it is that I only realised it had been twenty years while updating this page!

So, hang on for a minute while I take this huge milestone in....

Twenty years with almost forty books published or in the pipeline ... I know it isn’t a great average when compared with some
More about Michelle Reid...