Start by marking “Savage Courtship” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Savage Courtship

Susan Napier

Savage Courtship

Who's Been Sleeping In His Bed?

"I can't deny that it's a common male fantasy to be seduced by a beautiful stranger who conveniently vanishes afterwards...."

Vanessa could kick herself! It had been a simple misunderstanding...how dared Benedict Savage imply that she'd deliberately set out to seduce him? The very idea was outrageous, he simply wasn't her type! No matter that
ebook
Published July 16th 2012 by Harlequin Treasury-Harlequin Presents 90s (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Savage Courtship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savage Courtship

Leona
Aug 30, 2012 Leona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hqn-presents
Light fun read by Susan Napier. I really enjoyed this because none of the characters were cast in the stereotypical mode. It's been on my TBR pile for ages and something made me decide to pick it up this weekend. I am so glad that I did.

The heroine was his butler...tall, beautiful, buxom and very smart. The hero was shorter with glasses, but sexy as sin. She wants to hide all her secrets, he won't let her.

I liked the way the relationship developed and I found myself laughing out loud as she le
EeeJay
I read this book atleast 10 years ago and I remember it made a big impact on me, not least for the fact that the hero is physically shorter than the heroine - in all the books that I have read ( and I have read a LOT) that's never happened.

2-The butler did it - but the butler is female ( I hadn't thought about a female butler!)
3-Guy wears glasses ( as someone who wears them too - I loved that perspective!)
4 - You can just tell its going to last....

its not wham bam, thank you ma'am stuff that yo
April Brookshire
I read this because it's on a few Best Harlequins type lists. I wasn't impressed, but maybe I just don't like it when the heroine is Amazonian and taller than the hero. Though this book did have its funny moments.
MBR
Benedict Savage is a successful architect, going on 34 when that vague sense of dissatisfaction that has been plaguing him for quite sometime makes him seek refuge in Whitefield House, a property that he had inherited from an uncle who had left it to him, a property that had come along with his deceased uncle’s female butler Vanessa Flynn.

Finding a mystery woman in Benedict’s bed is what kick-starts the story, a woman who disappears by the next morning leaving Benedict flummoxed by the whole thi
RomReader❤️Spoiler Giver❤️
Tall 24yo butler heroine is leading her enigmatic businessman employer Hero to believe that the blonde woman in slinky lingerie he slept with the night before was 1 of his estate's ghosts. She is embarrassed that she doesn't remember anything that happened while she slept b/c of being drunk & feels relieved that Hero doesn't recognize her the next day dressed in her usual prim butler uniform & tightly-swept hairstyle. He soon finds out what she's been hiding when he sees her on a date wi ...more
Fiona Marsden
Dec 29, 2016 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: If you like short sweet stories with a bit of heat
Recommended to Fiona by: Author Favourite
I really enjoyed this story. It was great fun with an unusual hero and distinctive heroine. I really liked both characters and the back and forth between them. I usually enjoy this author's stories. She isn't afraid to have different heroes from the usual alpha jerks.

The courtship was very much a two steps forward, one step back with a lot of humour.
María
Mar 04, 2015 María rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine, ebook, book, read-2015
Vannessa was an extremely good Butler: she had to take care of a great and alone house so she used to sleep in a different room each day as a way to mantein each room appropriately aired.
One night, her boss returned without telling her and fin a very sexy blond who he thought was his birthday present. The next morning, he wanted to know who was the sexy blonde. Afraid of his reaction, she keeped her identity as a secret.
Benedict felt very confused. He was sure he had a beautiful and unconscious
LastBreath
Why 5 stars?

Because the h/H are different from the generic. Because the author is a NZer. Because Susan Napier is a favourite in my Harlequin collection. Because I love the thrill of seduction. Because everybody deserves a Happily Ever After.
Karen
Sep 29, 2015 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mills-boon, workplace, 90s
She's the butler. He is geeky and wears glasses.
Teetee
Teetee rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2013
Malika
Malika rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2012
Iszy
Iszy rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2014
Fiordiligii
Fiordiligii rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2013
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2014
Faltu Fully
Faltu Fully rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Hazi
Hazi rated it it was ok
Jan 01, 2011
Jennifer Blythe
Jennifer Blythe rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2013
Bectoria
Bectoria rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2011
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2013
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Alexis-Morgan Roark rated it liked it
May 27, 2012
Ellya
Ellya rated it really liked it
May 29, 2015
Nic
Nic rated it it was ok
May 18, 2014
Dana
Dana rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2013
Saly
Saly rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2011
Cheri D Mendenhall
Cheri D Mendenhall rated it really liked it
May 06, 2015
Ash
Ash rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Xandri
Xandri rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Captive Loving
  • Comparative Strangers
  • A Willing Surrender
  • Don't Ask Me Now
  • The Dark Side of Desire
  • Wife for a Week (Bennett #1)
  • Silence Speaks for Love
  • Master of Passion
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • The Winter Heart
  • Princess From the Past
Perhaps being born on Valentine’s Day was an omen that Susan Napier would become a romance writer. This New Zealand author has written over 30 Mills & Boon category romances since 1984. Napier and her husband Tony Potter met when they both worked at the Auckland Star newspaper. After they married, she left the newspaper to work for a film company where she learned the art of dialogue. After th ...more
More about Susan Napier...