Start by marking “Dark Fire” as Want to Read:
Dark Fire
Preview

Dark Fire (Too Hot to Handle #4)

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Dancing With the Devil...

"You're certainly not in love with Paul. Because you want to go to bed with me." Devilish words indeed. But what made Flint Jansen so arrogantly assume that Aura would choose him over Paul--his friend and Aura's warm and loyal fiance? From the moment they met, he had shattered Aura's world. It was true, she found him undeniably attractive, overwhel
ebook
Published July 1st 2012 by Harlequin Treasury-Harlequin Presents 90s (first published January 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Fire

willaful
Aura loves her fiance Paul for the tenderness and security he gives her, so she’s horrified when his best friend Flint strikes sparks in her she’s never felt before. Even worse, Flint believes she's only marrying Paul for his money -- and he’ll do anything he can to come between them.

This was my second read of Dark Fire and it held up. It’s a very intense story and definitely won’t be to everyone’s taste: there’s no rape or physical abuse, but Flint is very manipulative and verbally cruel to beg
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Aura loves her fiance Paul, but she doesn't love him that way that she feels for Flint. To Aura, Paul is comfort and safety. Flint is danger, white hot passion, and as far from 'safe' as possible. But Flint keeps pushing at her, tormenting her with the desire she feels for him, and the fact that he thinks she's nothing but a gold digger. That makes Flint a big jerk in my opinion. Even if he is right and Aura is making a mistake marrying Paul. He might try to deceive himself into thinking he's do ...more
Mareli
Those old RD books are a bit strange for me. As I've never been in New Zealand I don't know anything about this country or its people, besides they are from England. And in those books I feel like I'm in a strange victorian romance, with all those tea parties and gentlemen and huge plantations. Really they seem to be coming straight from another era.

But the book was good. I think RD has heroines who cannot resist their men. But they're not weak or whining, just overhelmed by the sexuality of the
Kalyee
This one just didn't work for me ... Aura and Paul are happily engaged and less than two weeks away for their wedding. Paul's best friend Flint flies in to be best man in the wedding, and to meet the bride... Unfortunately and unbeknownst to Paul, Flint and Aura have a love/hate at first sight thing.

I understood what RD was reaching for, a "soul mate" connection that is too strong to be denyed, that even honor and friendship, can't stand in the way. Alas, I just couldn't relegate Paul to the bac
Sati Marie Frost
Aura is engaged to Paul - until she meets his best friend Flint, and realises that the affection, respect and love between her and her fiancé doesn't compare to the fiery lust she has for his best friend.

I really disliked this book. I'm surprised that it was written as late as 1994, because it had a sort of '70s vibe to it.

The big thing that I disliked about the book was Flint, the hero. He was extremely cruel to Aura, and I detest cruel people. I like alpha males, but I like KIND alpha males -
Jen
I did not like douchebaggery of the hero, but I was still compelled to see how this would end. I am still not quite convinced that he loves the heroine by the end. Maybe there could have been more angst on his end.
sbf20112011
This was pretty darn good. I liked the way the hero was drawn to her against his will. But I wish he'd had some kind of "OMG, I was so wrong" moment we could see instead of apparently falling in love with the heroine secretly without much discernible emotion. Overall though, a good amount of emotional tension throughout, and the ending was very satisfactory.
Suzette Palmer
Suzette Palmer marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
N
N marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Hnou
Hnou marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Tami35
Tami35 marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Juniebgood
Juniebgood marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Cathy Norfin
Cathy Norfin marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Sarah Alexander
Sarah Alexander marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Hazel
Hazel marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Theia Imperial
Theia Imperial marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Robyn was born on 1940 in Northland, New Zealand, she was the oldest in herfamily, and as a child she thrilled her four sisters and one brother withbloodcurdling adventure tales, usually very like the latest book she'dborrowed from the library.

Robyn owes her writing career to two illnesses. The first was a younger sister's flu. She was living with her husband and her and spent most of thatwinter a
More about Robyn Donald...

Too Hot to Handle (6 books)
  • Southern Passions (Too Hot To Handle)
  • Savage Destiny
  • Making Magic
  • Dangerous Alliance
  • Final Surrender
Smoke in the Wind (Harlequin Presents, #1104) Mansion for My Love (Harlequin Presents, #567) A Willing Surrender (Harlequin Presents, #976) Return to Yesterday (Harlequin Presents, #631) The Prince's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Niroli, #6) (Harlequin Presents, #2683)