Start by marking “Dade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #2)” as Want to Read:
Dade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #2)

Dade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #2)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Kayla Brennan doesn't want Texas lawman Dade Ryland's protection. For one thing, his family hates her. For another, the attraction between them is too hot to handle - just like Dade. When the bullets begin to fly, Dade shields her and her baby boy. But the question is, how long before Dade decides she's in on the crime?

Kayla's testimony is all Dade should want...especially

ebook, Harlequin Intrigue #1319, 224 pages
Published December 1st 2011 by Harlequin (first published November 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dade

Debbie Heaton
In Fossen's romantic suspense novel, Kayla Brennan refuses Texas lawman Dade Ryland's protection, wanting nothing to do with a man whose family hated her. On the other hand, there was an attraction between them that was way too hot to handle. Regardless, Dade shields her and her baby boy when bullets start flying, but deep down he can't ignore his doubts that she's involved somehow. Kayla is suspected in the death of one of Dade's siser-in-laws, and her testimony should be his top concern. But t ...more
Susan
Very good book. The suspense starts right away and doesn't really let up through the whole book. The animosity between Dade and Kayla was very intense at the beginning. As they were thrown together while Dade was protecting Kayla and her son, the attraction also flares white hot. The intensity of the danger moves their emotions even closer to the surface, and as events come to a head it's anyone's guess as to who will survive. I'm really looking forward to the stories of the other brothers.
Deborah Gafford
FANTASTIC read!

This book catches your interest from the first page and holds it through to the nail-biting climax. The hero, Dade, a Texas lawman to drool over, is not only a sexy, very attractive man, but savvy, strong and cool-under-fire. A man any woman would want around to protect her. Much less to love her!

The interaction between Dade and Robbie, the young son of the heroine, Kayla Brennan, shows Dade is more than capable of love and caring for an innocent child, no matter the child's conne
Paula Legate
I couldn’t put this book down. It starts out fast with bullets flying. Kayla is in protective custody because she is the prime witness that is going to testify against her father in law. Dade is a handsome lawman that is dedicated to his badge. We get to see the softer side of Dade when he bonds with Robbie, Kayla’s baby son. The romance made me smile. Overall a great book to read!

Sample from chapter 9
He sprinted to her and hooked his arm around her waist. But he wasn’t fast enough. The bullets
Vivien
The basic premise of this book is that Dade has to keep Kayla alive long enough for her to testify against her Father-in-Law who is suspected of being responsible for the death of Dade's twin brother Nate's wife. Problem being all the Rylands hate Kayla because of her association with her Father-in-Law.

And this is where I have a problem - the Rylands are all supposed to be Upstanding members of Law Enforcement but they seem to have forgotten one basic premise Innocent until proven Guilty,
and in
Sara Mitchell
Dade Ryland is ordered to take Kayla Brennan into protective custody so she can stay alive to testify against her ruthless father-in-law. The Ryland family holds a strong hatred towards the Brennan family and Dade isn't keen on protecting Kayla. However, he falls in love with Kayla and her son Robbie along the way.

I liked the story of Dade and Kayla. Dade is the tough guy lawman who melts your heart the way a child that's not his son. This was a book packed with danger, love and mystery. A good
Jennifer Harris
awesome!

Talk about action packed and a sweet story. I loved Dade and Kayla. The suspense is great and that helps the love story, I would recommend this to anyone!
Silverana
After reading Dade, Nate, and Mason’s stories, I thought the situations were pretty similar in all of them. Though that was not a problem, I think if a similar situation is used in a series, the dialogue at least should be different. I found the characters saying a lot of the same things. The one that got on my nerves was how each of the character’s child is not usually this comfortable with strangers. Also, a couple of the names were similar and confused me for a few moments. Carrie Collins - C ...more
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch

"This is another of those books I call my "can't put it down until the end" books. If you enjoy mystery and intrigue then this is an excellent book to read because the ending might just surprise you." From a review posted by an Harlequin.com member. To read more, go here.
Sara Tieszen paschal
Started off too quickly for me made it surreal that is the reason for 1missing star. It is a good action packed read.
Sue Squire
Cute! These boys are fun to read about. They have some mysterious, intense personalities that soften with romance!
Hannah  Ruth
I loved it! I plan to buy the other books that the library here in my town won't get....
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch
Normal
Sep 19, 2014 Normal added it
Shelves: ebook-nook
#N/A
Ruha S.
Ruha S. marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Lanie
Lanie is currently reading it
Feb 26, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Feloidae
Feloidae marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Rica
Rica marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Kansas City Cowboy (The Precinct: Task Force #2) (The Precinct #18)
  • The Marshal's Witness
  • The Man from Gossamer Ridge  (Cooper, #6)
  • Corralled
  • Missing (Colby Agency, #43)
  • The Lost Girls of Johnson's Bayou
  • For the Baby's Sake
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
  • Guardian Ranger (Shadow Agents, #2)
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • The Perfect Bride (Harlequin Intrigue 1421)
  • Dangerous Memories
Texas author, Delores Fossen, wore combat boots. Yep. During her five year assignment at RAF Lakenheath, England, this former Air Force captain often wore not only combat boots but also full chemical gear during simulated attacks. In fact, that's how she met her husband, Tom, an Air Force Top Gun. They were both in charcoal suits and gas masks, with every inch of their skin covered, and yet Tom as ...more
More about Delores Fossen...

The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch (8 books)
  • Grayson (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #1)
  • Nate (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #3)
  • Kade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #4)
  • Gage (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #5)
  • Mason (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #6)
  • Josh (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #7)
  • Sawyer (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #8)
Kade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #4) Grayson (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #1) Nate (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #3) Mason (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #6) The Baby's Guardian (Texas Maternity Hostages #1)