Start by marking “Dade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #2)” as Want to Read:
Dade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #2)

Dade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #2)

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  179 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Kayla Brennan doesn't want Texas lawman Dade Ryland's protection. For one thing, his family hates her. For another, the attraction between them is too hot to handle - just like Dade. When the bullets begin to fly, Dade shields her and her baby boy. But the question is, how long before Dade decides she's in on the crime?

Kayla's testimony is all Dade should want...especially

ebook, Harlequin Intrigue #1319, 224 pages
Published December 1st 2011 by Harlequin (first published November 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dade

Debbie Heaton
Nov 18, 2011 Debbie Heaton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Fossen's romantic suspense novel, Kayla Brennan refuses Texas lawman Dade Ryland's protection, wanting nothing to do with a man whose family hated her. On the other hand, there was an attraction between them that was way too hot to handle. Regardless, Dade shields her and her baby boy when bullets start flying, but deep down he can't ignore his doubts that she's involved somehow. Kayla is suspected in the death of one of Dade's siser-in-laws, and her testimony should be his top concern. But t ...more
Susan
Very good book. The suspense starts right away and doesn't really let up through the whole book. The animosity between Dade and Kayla was very intense at the beginning. As they were thrown together while Dade was protecting Kayla and her son, the attraction also flares white hot. The intensity of the danger moves their emotions even closer to the surface, and as events come to a head it's anyone's guess as to who will survive. I'm really looking forward to the stories of the other brothers.
Deborah Gafford
FANTASTIC read!

This book catches your interest from the first page and holds it through to the nail-biting climax. The hero, Dade, a Texas lawman to drool over, is not only a sexy, very attractive man, but savvy, strong and cool-under-fire. A man any woman would want around to protect her. Much less to love her!

The interaction between Dade and Robbie, the young son of the heroine, Kayla Brennan, shows Dade is more than capable of love and caring for an innocent child, no matter the child's conne
Paula Legate
I couldn’t put this book down. It starts out fast with bullets flying. Kayla is in protective custody because she is the prime witness that is going to testify against her father in law. Dade is a handsome lawman that is dedicated to his badge. We get to see the softer side of Dade when he bonds with Robbie, Kayla’s baby son. The romance made me smile. Overall a great book to read!

Sample from chapter 9
He sprinted to her and hooked his arm around her waist. But he wasn’t fast enough. The bullets
Vivien
The basic premise of this book is that Dade has to keep Kayla alive long enough for her to testify against her Father-in-Law who is suspected of being responsible for the death of Dade's twin brother Nate's wife. Problem being all the Rylands hate Kayla because of her association with her Father-in-Law.

And this is where I have a problem - the Rylands are all supposed to be Upstanding members of Law Enforcement but they seem to have forgotten one basic premise Innocent until proven Guilty,
and in
Sara Mitchell
Mar 13, 2014 Sara Mitchell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dade Ryland is ordered to take Kayla Brennan into protective custody so she can stay alive to testify against her ruthless father-in-law. The Ryland family holds a strong hatred towards the Brennan family and Dade isn't keen on protecting Kayla. However, he falls in love with Kayla and her son Robbie along the way.

I liked the story of Dade and Kayla. Dade is the tough guy lawman who melts your heart the way a child that's not his son. This was a book packed with danger, love and mystery. A good
Jennifer Harris
Mar 02, 2015 Jennifer Harris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
awesome!

Talk about action packed and a sweet story. I loved Dade and Kayla. The suspense is great and that helps the love story, I would recommend this to anyone!
Silverana
Dec 24, 2012 Silverana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
After reading Dade, Nate, and Mason’s stories, I thought the situations were pretty similar in all of them. Though that was not a problem, I think if a similar situation is used in a series, the dialogue at least should be different. I found the characters saying a lot of the same things. The one that got on my nerves was how each of the character’s child is not usually this comfortable with strangers. Also, a couple of the names were similar and confused me for a few moments. Carrie Collins - C ...more
Maureen Hubley
Apr 24, 2016 Maureen Hubley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just found this older book in a used book store. It was great. Will have to see if I cand find others in the series.
Liz Mulherin
Oct 09, 2014 Liz Mulherin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Series
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch

"This is another of those books I call my "can't put it down until the end" books. If you enjoy mystery and intrigue then this is an excellent book to read because the ending might just surprise you." From a review posted by an Harlequin.com member. To read more, go here.
Patrizia
Nov 30, 2015 Patrizia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dade si trova a dover proteggere la donna che lui e i fratelli ritengono la responsabile per la morte della moglie di Nate, il fratello gemello dello stesso Dade. E subito i proiettili iniziano a volare!
Adrenalina a gogò, ma anche attrazione fatale: un bel mix.
Questi libri non sono molto lunghi, ma riescono a tenermi avvinta. Infatti, ho subito iniziato il successivo...
Cassandra
Aug 28, 2015 Cassandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just like the rest of the series, Dade does not disappoint. This is my favorite series of books. I have enjoyed every one of them. Get yours today and fall in love with the Ryland boys!
Sara Tieszen paschal
Started off too quickly for me made it surreal that is the reason for 1missing star. It is a good action packed read.
Sue Squire
Cute! These boys are fun to read about. They have some mysterious, intense personalities that soften with romance!
Hannah  Ruth
Dec 21, 2014 Hannah Ruth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! I plan to buy the other books that the library here in my town won't get....
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch
Normal
Sep 19, 2014 Normal added it
Shelves: ebook-nook
#N/A
Dally Matthew
Dally Matthew marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Brookelyn Thyne
Brookelyn Thyne marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Jennifer Merdinger
Jennifer Merdinger marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Tara Hickson
Tara Hickson marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Shantie
Shantie marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Joanne Blondina
Joanne Blondina marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
alison murphy
alison murphy rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2016
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Kate Vale
Kate Vale marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Margo Jervis
Margo Jervis is currently reading it
Jun 12, 2016
  • Cooper Vengeance  (Cooper, #7)
  • Yuletide Protector (The Precinct Task Force, #6; The Precinct #22)
  • Detective Daddy (Situation: Christmas, #1)
  • Colby Law (Colby Agency, #48)
  • The Missing Twin
  • Corralled (Whitehorse, MT: Chisholm Cattle Co., #5)
  • For the Baby's Sake
  • The Marshal's Witness
  • Scene of the Crime: Bachelor Moon
  • Last Spy Standing (SDDU, #11)
Thank you for finding me on Goodreads!

Here's my bio:

USA Today bestselling author, Delores Fossen, has sold over 90 novels with millions of copies of her books in print worldwide. She's received the Booksellers' Best Award for romantic suspense, the Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award and was a finalist for the prestigious Rita . Her books have been featured in Woman's Day magazine and Vogue. In
More about Delores Fossen...

The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch (8 books)
  • Grayson (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #1)
  • Nate (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #3)
  • Kade (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #4)
  • Gage (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #5)
  • Mason (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #6)
  • Josh (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #7)
  • Sawyer (The Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #8)