Start by marking “The Solomon Sisters Wise Up” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
The Solomon Sisters Wi...

Melissa Senate

The Solomon Sisters Wise Up

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  1,498 ratings  ·  85 reviews
Between the reality of being six weeks pregnant by a guy she's dated for two months and the fantasy of pushing a baby stroller down Columbus Avenue with a wedding ring on her finger were a lot of possibilities for twenty-nine-year-old Manhattan publishing peon Sarah Solomon. Will the baby's father run screaming for the nearest subway...or pop the question?

"He's going to de
ebook
Published June 1st 2012 by Red Dress Ink (first published December 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Solomon Sisters Wise Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Solomon Sisters Wise Up

Sterlingcindysu
A usual chick-lit book, with happy endings all around. I liked the first 100 pages the best, great character descriptions and funny situations. (copied review) Between the reality of being six weeks pregnant by a guy she's dated for two months and the fantasy of pushing a baby stroller down Columbus Avenue with a wedding ring on her finger were a lot of possibilities for twenty-nine-year old Manhattan publishing peon Sarah Solomon. Will the baby's father run screaming for the nearest subway . . ...more
Wendy
This book starts promisingly, with a 29-year-old publishing peon Sarah protagonist finding herself pregnant by the man she's only been dating for two months. How will he react? For that matter, how does Sarah feel about it?

Sarah has two sisters, both of whom arrive at crisis points in their romantic lives at about the same time, and they all end up in temporary residence at their father's home, while he is planning his wedding to his third wife. The point of view shifts for every chapter, from
Dawn
Cute Book! Loved how the book examined the lives of 3 very different sisters
Geraldine
Un vrai livre de fille, parfait pour la plage!
Une histoire simple mais plutot bien écrite, mais agréable à lire.
Le livre est ce qu'il doit être: divertissant!
Les 3 héroines sont attachantes et on se surprend à vouloir en savoir plus, plus vite sur ce qui va leur arriver, d'ou une lecture vraiment rapide.

Le style de l'auteur correspond au genre (comédie romantique) mais n'est pas trop surfait.
L'alternance des points de vue, en accordant un chapitre par point de vue, et un point de vue par héroine
Margaret
The Solomon Sisters don't have much of a relationship with each other or with their father. Bartholomew Solomon left his first wife to raise 6 year old Ally and newborn Sarah on her own. They had a loving relationship with their mother Leah and with each other but when Leah died, the girls were adults and just, well, grew apart. Their interests are different and their lifestyles are different so their paths just don't cross that much.

Zoe, their half-sister, was the product of Bartholomew's secon
Devon
Melissa Senate's utterly charming and delightful second novel kept me running back to it...even on Valentines Day! When all of my focus was supposed to be on spending a quiet evening at home with my husband I just wanted to curl up with this book. THE SOLOMON SISTERS WISE UP' is the story of three completely opposite sisters who all find themselves at a crossroads in their lives. Sarah is pregnant and the father doesn't want anything to do with raising the baby, Ally, who thought she had it all ...more
Rebekah
The three Solomon sister, Sarah, Ally, and Zoe are somewhat estranged. Ally and Sarah get along but Zoe who is their half-sister is bitterly ignored. Until circumstances find all three women living in their father’s New York apartment with his soon to be 3rd wife- a former friend of Zoe’s. Sarah finds herself pregnant by a guy she’s dated only two months. Ally finds her eleven year marriage ending because of a cheating, lying spouse, and Zoe must protect her clueless father from her mother who i ...more
Katie
I've spent the past month reading pretty much nothing but chick lit because my brain needed a break from college textbooks.

I've read a few other books by Melissa Senate and I feel like she just keeps writing the same story over and over with a few slight variations. The story also seemed to become less and less realistic as it went on. But it was a cute book with cute main characters and a cute ending. I did enjoy reading it and would recommend it to someone who enjoys chick lit and whose brain
Leah
This was your typical chick lit book where at least one main character lives in NYC and works for a magazine. The story is about 3 sisters, one who gets knocked up by a boyfriend of 2 months, one who walks in on her husband cheating on her, and one who sees her boyfriend on a date with another woman. They also have a disfunctional father who is marrying a woman younger than his daughters.

Somehow, the sisters grow closer and become a support system for each other and the story wraps up nice and n
Stacy
This book was super cute--a great summertime read. I enjoyed the characters--and their growth throughout the book. I also enjoyed how the story alternated between Ally, Sarah & Zoe's points of view. I wish that there were a sequel so I could see how all of their lives turn out (although, you can reasonably predict, just as any good chick-lit will allow you to do), but I enjoyed the book and thought it ended at just the right moment. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a sweet, fun, funn ...more
Jenny
This book is about Ally and Sarah Solomon and their half-sister, Zoe. Each chapter is written from the viewpoint of one of the sisters and tells of their various struggles: a cheating husband, a unplanned pregnancy, boyfriend troubles, a father who is engaged to a much-younger woman. I enjoyed reading about each of the sisters, how they dealt with their own personal struggles and yet, at the same time, were able to help their sisters with theirs. This book was a quick and enjoyable read!
Erikajean Jean
I really liked this one! A nice quick easy read. I found myself laughing and getting excited/nervous for the characters and cheering them on. This book is about 3 sisters who, as the title says, wise up. Its a great book about sisterhood, relationships, forgiving and moving on. The story is told by all three sisters- Sarah, Zoe, and Ally. There is something I just love about getting a different perspective, attitude and overall personality each chapter. It keeps things interesting I guess.
Natasha
3 sisters:
Sarah- pregnant, bf breaks up with her, she moves in with her dad and soon to be third wife.
Ally- discovered her hubby cheated, really wants kids, moves in with dad
Half-sister Zoe, from second marriage, relationship expert who doesn't do well with relationships, her mother flies to NY to confront her father who sent her wedding notice about third wedding, Zoe follows her mother there to keep her in line, and also moves in with dad.
Suzanne
I am a huge fan of Melissa Senate and I really liked this book. Three sisters, each going through their own crisis, converge on the Penthouse apartment of their father in New York City to sort out their lives. In the meantime, as each figures out what direction to take with her life, they become closer as sisters, and learn to deal with the indifference of their father. It is a very heart-warming story, with a happy ending! A great weekend read!
Nicole
I really enjoyed this book. The story of Ally, Sarah and Zoe is a fun, lighthearted one and focuses on the bond that they slowly form together in the midst of each woman's life situation. The sisters were likable and there was good character development. They each learn something about themselves that only internal reflection and a positive support system could nourish and each sister is better from it in the end. It's a nice feel-good book.
bookczuk
I was surprised by this book. It was passed on to me by a friend, and I fully expected it to be total fluff. It's not exactly deep, and the main characters live lives on another planet from my reality- but the author managed to keep my interest and have all her characters grow- even the most seemingly shallow one. And there were times that I found myself chuckling in genuine amusement. So, like the Solomon sisters, I guess I wised up!
Jaclyn Cannon
Uh, another book given to me, which I will probably throw away. Premise of the book to me, was retarded and too mainstream. I guess people would argue that the relationships and events are true to life, and 'normal'. I don't like how drinking, sex, divorce, etc are so casually mentioned. I guess I read books to escape reality, or at least have good messages. Wouldn't recommend it.
Jules
This was my first book by this author, and I'll definitely be reading more. I really liked the interplay between the sisters. Watching the circumstances of their lives unfold, it made sense that they would grow closer. It was easy to fall in-step with these characters. You cared what happened to them. Some subtly of writing that went down very well.
Franchesca Guerrero
I have two other sisters as well who are half sisters from other female parents. I have also read this book two or three times and can always relate to the problems the sisters go thorough together and individually. From unplanned pregnancy to coping with favoritism and family dramas and the like, great book to come back to once in a while.
Mary Baker
This book is a fun read about three sisters from a dysfunctional family who, when forced to spend some time together, bond and support each other. Melissa Senate's writing style reminds me of Dorothy Benton Frank and Mary Alice Andrews. Although this is the first book I've read by this author, I'll be looking for more.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
I wasn't sure about this book at first, it took me a few chapters to get in to it...but when I did I was very glad and it was a very enjoyable read about 3 sisters (some are half sisters to each other) that end up in Dad's apartment in NY trying to make sense of their life and the curveballs that have been thrown at them.
Nicole

I found the book great and enjoyed that it was easy to identify with the sisters and find one closest to myself. I liked that the sisters really were able to figure out eho they were with the help of others. I thought it was interesting to hear the dad explain why he was he way he was with his children.
Kirin
so accepting ourselves for who we are and being comfortable with being ourselves will allow for us to get the guy and as a result be happy....cannot we be happy without someone elses approval or acceptance? hmm seems a bit contradictory or simply that i'm trying to give the book a message is contradictory, blah....
Celeste Johnson
Such a cute book! I'm wondering if there is a sequel. I hope so....cute, cute, cute! Although, it is a little disconcering because you read the story through three different people, from their own perspective. So if you forget who you're reading about....when they say I... it can get kind of confusing.
Melody Downs
they didnt get all the wise. not like the solomon sisters i know. wise, so wise....
Amy
A quick and easy chick-lit read. Not too deep but entertaining. A little hard to transition as the three main characters alternate narrating each chapter and you are often re-reading the same event from multiple perspectives. Overall was pretty entertaining and wraps up nicely in a bow at the end.
Danielle-Claude Mba
No Secret there, Melissa Senate changed my life with See Jane Date. But this one is my favourite, it's about sisterhood and I love reading and writing about sisters. For me there's nothing sweeter than relationship among siblings and I have a lot of them! I lent my copy away to anyone and everyone!
Angela
Nicely written ….It kept me entertained while reading. My favorite character was probably Ally. She brought in the very much needed witty cynicism. Not that I don’t like happy endings but I think It could have used a little more of a surprise factor at the end
Beckie
Good beach reading. Very good summer reading. I liked that you were inside of each of the three sister's heads. It was a good social lesson for me to be more aware of social clues and how I am being perceived by others. I guess I wised up a little too.
Jessica
It had a very promising start with lots of twists then turns, I found that I was interested in only one sister and her story. Half way through, the book slowed and concluded with not as much spark as one hoped.
  • The Year of Living Famously
  • Mike, Mike & Me
  • Fishbowl
  • Crossing the Line
  • Scot On The Rocks: How I Survived My Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding With My Dignity Ever-So Slightly Intact (Brooke Miller, #1)
  • Mean Season (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Mommy Tracked
  • The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2)
  • Exes and Ohs
  • The Spinster Sisters
  • Tales of a Drama Queen
  • Getting Personal
  • The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter
  • The Funeral Planner
  • Younger
I'm the author of ten novels, including my debut, SEE JANE DATE (also available in cute TV movie form on DVD) and my latest, THE LOVE GODDESS' COOKING SCHOOL.

I'm the proud mother of a wonderful eleven-year-old boy. We (and our adorable beagle) live on the coast of Maine, where I'm working on my next novel.

Hope you'll visit my website: http://www.melissasenate.com
More about Melissa Senate...
See Jane Date The Love Goddess' Cooking School The Breakup Club (Red Dress Ink Novels) Love You to Death The Secret of Joy