Blank-133x176
Questions to Ask Befor...

Melissa Senate

Questions to Ask Before Marrying

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  300 ratings  ·  35 reviews
A "New York Times" article lists fifteen questions couples should ask before marrying

Ruby Miller and her fiance, Tom Truby, have questions 1 to 14 almost covered. It's question 15 that has the Maine schoolteacher stumped: Is their relationship strong enough to withstand challenges?

Challenges like...Ruby's twin sister, Stella. The professional muse, flirt and face reader th...more
ebook
Published June 1st 2012 by Red Dress Ink (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Questions to Ask Before Marrying, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Questions to Ask Before Marrying

Sara (smb+jab)
Based on New York Times article that lays out fifteen questions couple should ask themselves before tying the knot Ruby Miller and her fiancé, Tom Truby have fourteen of the fifteen questions covered. However it’s the last question, Is their relationship strong enough to withstand challenges that has Ruby slightly apprehensive.

These potential challenges begin to take shape at their engagement party when, Ruby’s long time fantasy crush and friend, Nick McDermott confesses his love for her puttin...more
Shonda
Having read Ms. Senate’s previous novels, I was looking forward to reading Questions to Ask Before Marrying. I found it to be a quick, light read (finished it in one-sitting), however I didn’t enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the others.

Stella and Ruby are sisters and are complete opposites. From their outer appearances, their views on life, their personalities, to their relationship with men. Despite their differences, both sisters truly love each other. Both are adjusting to life several years af...more
Danielle
With the proposals made, the big question facing Ruby…does she choose to become Ruby Truby or Ruby McDermott? Does she stay safe in the arms of the man who’s been there through thick and thin but may be a tad boring or choose the more daring fantasy man? It’s not as easy as it seems, with a twin sisters determined to have her follow her heart regardless of the consequences and a family history of men who leave she’s more mixed up than ever. As Ruby and her sister Stella set out on a journey acro...more
Melissa Senate has written a slew of chick-lit books; Questions to Ask Before Marrying is her last title under the Red Dress Ink label.

Fraternal twins Ruby and Stella Miller have a lot of questions to answer before they turn thirty; such as -- why did their father abandon them years ago? Should Ruby (soon to be Ruby Truby) focus on her love for her fiance Tom or lust after her long-time friend Nick? Also, can Stella hunt down a man she experienced a one-night stand with -- to tell him she is pre...more
Celia
I have very mixed feelings about this book. I really liked the main character Ruby and her story. She's engaged to a nice, safe guy but she's questioning her commitment due to a crush on a co-worker. She seems rational but still lets her emotions get the better of her sometimes. I guess I could understand her.

I could not stand her twin sister Stella. She is the chick lit cliche of a "free-spirit" which actually means rude, thoughtless and extremely selfish. Stella has her own story and has made...more
Ashley
Surprising read that had a lot more depth than appearances would lead you to believe. (Old adage, don't judge a book by its cover!) If you have a sister in your life this book speaks to much of the complicated dynamic that exists. It also explores how our childhood affect us as adults without us even realizing. The novel certainly doesn't get too in depth and it remains what I would categorize as chic-lit. In the end the story wraps up nicely and leaves a smile on your face. It's a great leave a...more
katie
I'm rather embarrassed to admit I read this book, but I'm a sucker for chick-lits and anything wedding-related, so I thought this could be promising. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Instead, it was one of the worst books I have ever read (the 0 stars is no mistake)--unlikable characters, trite plot and, most of all, poorly written. Melissa Senate may have other books which are witty and enjoyable to read, but do yourself a favor and avoid this one.
Sharal Hunter
OK story about two sisters on a journey of self-discovery while trying to answer many of life's questions before one of them gets married. Couple of twists in the plot I didn't care for that nearly made this book a wallbanger for me. It was difficult at times to connect and relate to the characters.
Carrie
This was a sweet story about two sisters, Ruby and Stella, who go on a road trip together to find answers to some important questions about themselves. This road trip was lots of fun, especially in the way the sisters interacted, and the interesting characters they met along the way.

Maureen
I expected more just from the title but it seems the story detracts from what you would think the title suggests and goes on a wild goose chase with her searching for the answer to the last question. I would have rated it higher had the storyline been more introspective.
Paula
loved this! I thought the sister was going to be a biiiig PITA but she turned out to be one of the most interesting characters. WOuld've loved to have seen more of the cousin though...
Erin
This book was exactly what I expected it to be..pure fluff and a quick and easy read. Red Dress Ink reminds me of a grown up version of the 1980's Sweet Dreams teen romances.
Rachael
Eh, cute enough but one of those books where everyone else is smarter than the main character. I read this about a month ago and I honestly don't remember the ending.
Karina
A really fun chick lit that makes you think. I recommend it to all lovers of romance, women's fiction, and just those in the mood for a good story.
Jonicat Motoike
I did not like the sister "Stella". She was wrong to tell her sister Ruby that she did not love her fiance.
Pam
2 1/2 really. I know the point of the book was soul searching but it was a little overwrought for me.
Jenny
This was a very easy, fun read. If you are in the mood for something brainless this would be your book.
Christy Collins
So far, I think the title is lame because it sounds like a non-fiction self help book. LOL
Tami
Quick easy read. A little busy and hard to follow at times but pretty entertaining.
Lauren
It was enjoyable and easy. Not my favorite of the authors but still good.
Julie
Apr 01, 2009 Julie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Questions To Ask Before Marrying (Red Dress Ink) by Melissa Senate (2008)
Ashley
Cute & quick read. A predictable love story with a happily ever after.
Jackie
Read this on the treadmill at the gym. Not great but passed the time.
Sep 13, 2008 Sarah rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: laura
This book is very funny and got me addicted to the author!
Tj
classic chicklit. I read it poolside, seemed about right.
Brenda Kelton
Cute story to read for fun. Nothing deep at all.
Debbiedoesdctoo
Fun pool read. But Tom is. Doormat.
Amanda
just ok - kind of slow and predictable
Sheena

Cute story I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5
  • Jack with a Twist: Engaging Your Adversary and Other Things They Don't Teach You in Law School (Brooke Miller, #2)
  • The Night I Got Lucky
  • Do They Wear High Heels In Heaven?
  • Girl Most Likely to
  • Slightly Suburban (Slightly, #5)
  • Me vs. Me
  • City Dog
  • Notes From The Backseat
  • Exes and Ohs
  • She, Myself & I
  • The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4)
  • A Bad Bride's Tale
  • Sleeping Over
  • Dating Without Novocaine
  • With or Without You
I'm the author of ten novels, including my debut, SEE JANE DATE (also available in cute TV movie form on DVD) and my latest, THE LOVE GODDESS' COOKING SCHOOL.

I'm the proud mother of a wonderful eleven-year-old boy. We (and our adorable beagle) live on the coast of Maine, where I'm working on my next novel.

Hope you'll visit my website: http://www.melissasenate.com
More about Melissa Senate...
See Jane Date The Love Goddess' Cooking School The Solomon Sisters Wise Up (Red Dress Ink) The Breakup Club (Red Dress Ink Novels) Love You to Death