Start by marking “Questions to Ask Before Marrying” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Questions to Ask Befor...

Melissa Senate

Questions to Ask Before Marrying

A "New York Times" article lists fifteen questions couples should ask before marrying

Ruby Miller and her fiance, Tom Truby, have questions 1 to 14 almost covered. It's question 15 that has the Maine schoolteacher stumped: Is their relationship strong enough to withstand challenges?

Challenges like...Ruby's twin sister, Stella. The professional muse, flirt and face reader th
ebook
Published June 15th 2012 by Red Dress Ink (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Questions to Ask Before Marrying, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Questions to Ask Before Marrying

Celia
Oct 18, 2011 Celia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have very mixed feelings about this book. I really liked the main character Ruby and her story. She's engaged to a nice, safe guy but she's questioning her commitment due to a crush on a co-worker. She seems rational but still lets her emotions get the better of her sometimes. I guess I could understand her.

I could not stand her twin sister Stella. She is the chick lit cliche of a "free-spirit" which actually means rude, thoughtless and extremely selfish. Stella has her own story and has made
Rosmary
Feb 22, 2017 Rosmary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story was more about having closure with their past to move forward. Besides the first chapter briefly mentioning some of the questions to ask before getting married the story had nothing to do with it.
Danielle
Jun 13, 2012 Danielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With the proposals made, the big question facing Ruby…does she choose to become Ruby Truby or Ruby McDermott? Does she stay safe in the arms of the man who’s been there through thick and thin but may be a tad boring or choose the more daring fantasy man? It’s not as easy as it seems, with a twin sisters determined to have her follow her heart regardless of the consequences and a family history of men who leave she’s more mixed up than ever. As Ruby and her sister Stella set out on a journey acro ...more
Mar 22, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Melissa Senate has written a slew of chick-lit books; Questions to Ask Before Marrying is her last title under the Red Dress Ink label.

Fraternal twins Ruby and Stella Miller have a lot of questions to answer before they turn thirty; such as -- why did their father abandon them years ago? Should Ruby (soon to be Ruby Truby) focus on her love for her fiance Tom or lust after her long-time friend Nick? Also, can Stella hunt down a man she experienced a one-night stand with -- to tell him she is pre
Elusive Controversé
Apr 19, 2015 Elusive Controversé rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
Based on an article which lists 15 questions that couples should ask themselves prior to getting married, Ruby attempts to answer them and in the process, discover who she really wants to be with. It’s either her stable, safe, loving fiancé Tom or handsome playboy Nick.

Ruby’s dilemma was certainly interesting. It was evident that what she had with Tom was great. He obviously cared about her and wanted to be with her yet she still found herself wondering whether she should be with Nick who gives
Sara (smb+jab)
Oct 13, 2009 Sara (smb+jab) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
Based on New York Times article that lays out fifteen questions couple should ask themselves before tying the knot Ruby Miller and her fiancé, Tom Truby have fourteen of the fifteen questions covered. However it’s the last question, Is their relationship strong enough to withstand challenges that has Ruby slightly apprehensive.

These potential challenges begin to take shape at their engagement party when, Ruby’s long time fantasy crush and friend, Nick McDermott confesses his love for her puttin
Shonda
Mar 14, 2009 Shonda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
Having read Ms. Senate’s previous novels, I was looking forward to reading Questions to Ask Before Marrying. I found it to be a quick, light read (finished it in one-sitting), however I didn’t enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the others.

Stella and Ruby are sisters and are complete opposites. From their outer appearances, their views on life, their personalities, to their relationship with men. Despite their differences, both sisters truly love each other. Both are adjusting to life several years af
Ashley
Apr 24, 2011 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprising read that had a lot more depth than appearances would lead you to believe. (Old adage, don't judge a book by its cover!) If you have a sister in your life this book speaks to much of the complicated dynamic that exists. It also explores how our childhood affect us as adults without us even realizing. The novel certainly doesn't get too in depth and it remains what I would categorize as chic-lit. In the end the story wraps up nicely and leaves a smile on your face. It's a great leave a ...more
katie
I'm rather embarrassed to admit I read this book, but I'm a sucker for chick-lits and anything wedding-related, so I thought this could be promising. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Instead, it was one of the worst books I have ever read (the 0 stars is no mistake)--unlikable characters, trite plot and, most of all, poorly written. Melissa Senate may have other books which are witty and enjoyable to read, but do yourself a favor and avoid this one.
Natasha Alvar
I was really angry with this book. The fact that Ruby slept with Nick but seemed to suffer no consequences. Tom is a great guy, and it was apparent to everyone, except her and her sister. Senate just swept her infidelity under the carpet. Because we all need to sleep with people to get over them and understand that they are a fantasy. I guess rationalising is too much to ask for.
Sherri Hunter
Nov 18, 2009 Sherri Hunter rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
OK story about two sisters on a journey of self-discovery while trying to answer many of life's questions before one of them gets married. Couple of twists in the plot I didn't care for that nearly made this book a wallbanger for me. It was difficult at times to connect and relate to the characters.
Maureen
I expected more just from the title but it seems the story detracts from what you would think the title suggests and goes on a wild goose chase with her searching for the answer to the last question. I would have rated it higher had the storyline been more introspective.
Carrie
Sep 30, 2011 Carrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet story about two sisters, Ruby and Stella, who go on a road trip together to find answers to some important questions about themselves. This road trip was lots of fun, especially in the way the sisters interacted, and the interesting characters they met along the way.

Melissa
Feb 02, 2017 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jonicat Motoike
Jan 10, 2011 Jonicat Motoike rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I did not like the sister "Stella". She was wrong to tell her sister Ruby that she did not love her fiance.
Erin
Jan 09, 2011 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was exactly what I expected it to be..pure fluff and a quick and easy read. Red Dress Ink reminds me of a grown up version of the 1980's Sweet Dreams teen romances.
Debbiedoesdctoo
Fun pool read. But Tom is. Doormat.
Alyssa
May 04, 2016 Alyssa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story but was a bit boring. Needed a little more excitement. Fluffy chick lit.
Jackie
Mar 21, 2010 Jackie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Read this on the treadmill at the gym. Not great but passed the time.
Ashley
Dec 15, 2009 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute & quick read. A predictable love story with a happily ever after.
Paula
May 22, 2009 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-mom-lit
loved this! I thought the sister was going to be a biiiig PITA but she turned out to be one of the most interesting characters. WOuld've loved to have seen more of the cousin though...
Tj
Jul 27, 2010 Tj rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
classic chicklit. I read it poolside, seemed about right.
Angela
Jun 13, 2008 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2008, chick-lit
Quick, typical chick-lit book.
Julie
Mar 09, 2009 Julie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Questions To Ask Before Marrying (Red Dress Ink) by Melissa Senate (2008)
Lauren
Jun 25, 2010 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was enjoyable and easy. Not my favorite of the authors but still good.
Tami
Sep 02, 2008 Tami rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick easy read. A little busy and hard to follow at times but pretty entertaining.
Sep 12, 2008 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: laura
This book is very funny and got me addicted to the author!
Sheena
Apr 14, 2012 Sheena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Cute story I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5
Jenny
Aug 08, 2008 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
This was a very easy, fun read. If you are in the mood for something brainless this would be your book.
Heather
Apr 21, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
  • The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter
  • The Night I Got Lucky
  • Waxed
  • Jack with a Twist: Engaging Your Adversary and Other Things They Don't Teach You in Law School (Brooke Miller, #2)
  • Do They Wear High Heels in Heaven?
  • The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2)
  • The Funeral Planner
  • Slightly Suburban (Slightly, #5)
  • Not Quite A Mom
  • Joyride
  • First Kiss (Bridesmaid Chronicles, #2)
  • Girl Most Likely to
  • Bombshell
  • Five Things I Can't Live Without
  • Reconstructing Brigid (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Notes From The Backseat
  • The Men I Didn't Marry
I'm the author of fourteen novels, including my debut, SEE JANE DATE (also available in cute TV movie form on DVD) and THE LOVE GODDESS' COOKING SCHOOL. I've recently had two novels published under a secret pen name, but I will happily share if you message me to ask!

My debut romance series for Harlequin will be published in 2016 under the pen name Meg Maxwell (MegMaxwell.com). A COWBOY IN THE KITC
More about Melissa Senate...