Start by marking “Tart” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Tart

Jody Gehrman

Tart

Meet Claudia Bloom. She's having one of those years. First she steals her ex's VW bus and drives it from Austin to Santa Cruz, where it promptly explodes. Next she lets herself be rescued by Clay, a cute DJ on a motorcycle, falls hard and meets his somehow-never-mentioned estranged wife while searching frantically for her panties. She tries to forget about Clay and focus o ...more
ebook
Published June 15th 2012 by Red Dress Ink (first published July 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Tart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tart

Pepper
Feb 02, 2016 Pepper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sold
Loved this book from beginning to end!
Elusive Controversé
In ‘Tart’, Claudia is unsure about what she wants in life. After stealing her ex-boyfriend’s bus, her escapade ends abruptly when the engine catches fire. Subsequently she meets Clay and sleeps with him, only to realize that she can’t stop thinking about him and this goes against her belief in living the tart lifestyle in which there’s no commitment.

I did enjoy this book for the most part and I liked some of the hilarious moments. However, something was missing – a crucial something which would
Leslie
I really enjoyed this book. I would classify it as a beach read, but with just enough substance to keep it interesting.

Claudia Bloom is at a crossroads. The main plot has her deciding if her new choice of career (professor) is something that she really wants to continue with. She also must decide to change her thought process when dealing with relationships after meeting Mr. Right. Her parents divorced when she was a young teen, and ever since then she decided to live a "tart" lifestyle in whic
Amanda
May 29, 2008 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The only flaw is the main character never seems to actually behave like the books describes her personality. It says she is one way, but really she isn't. The book is supposed to be the character having like a whole turn around in her personality, but it never really shows her behaving in her old ways. Other wise the plot was very good, and it had just enough drama, and it also made you want to scream and tell the characters what to do. I would highly recommend it.
Andrea
Aug 12, 2009 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jody Gehrman writes wonderfully and realistically. This is one of the best chick lit books I've ever read. It's funny, descriptive and romantic. The story takes place in Santa Cruz (my home town), and the author captures the vibe perfectly. The characters are clearly drawn, and by the end you feel like you really know them. The opening scene when our heroine's car catches on fire from overheating on Highway 17 will be familiar to anyone who has ever made the commute.
Danielle
Mar 03, 2010 Danielle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
initally started reading, but got a bit melodramatic for my taste. i usually like the raw, rude type females, but this both wasnt doing it for me. didnt really finish, unless you count skipping to the end to see what happens, so i cant fully give it a bad rating. though the fact that i didnt finish it is a bad rating in itself. i see potential in this author, but she needs a less contrive main character and a more effortless main character and story line.
Violet
Feb 16, 2012 Violet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this while in bed with a cold, and I have to say it was good sick-day reading. the beginning started out very typical chick lit (if I wasn't stuck in bed I might not have hung in there) but by the end I was engrossed. Interesting storyline with a few unexpected twists (and a few expected ones too), and by the end of the book I found most of the characters very likable.
Penny
Aug 15, 2011 Penny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one. With such a low rating I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. I found the author insightful and kept the fluff to a minimum. Although this one is a very light read, it still has enough substance to keep the pages turning.
Kim
Apr 16, 2011 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though the protagonist in this book is not as likable as some in other chick lit novels, she is still endearing in her own really messed up way. It's fun to read about Santa Cruz and Austin--especially if you've been there.
Erika
Feb 07, 2015 Erika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book captures you just five sentences in. If you can't relate to this main character, I'd be amazed. Its one rough moment after another that leads to a lovely ending. I adored this book when I read it years back. It's one of my favorites.
Jen Angel
Aug 27, 2008 Jen Angel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I read this in a day. It was quick and fun, though granted not complex and appealing to my demographic. It is set in Santa Cruz, which I also enjoyed.
Eli
Oct 24, 2013 Eli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2013
I enjoyed the chaos of the story.
Jessica
Nov 15, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really quiet funny to be honest despite being a chick book.
Victoria Brekelmans
LOVED IT!
Stephanie Kabetzke
This is a really good, fun, light-hearted book! The main character doesn't take herself too seriously and her strange life, plus the crazy people she interacts with is completely entertaining!
Meagan
Feb 02, 2009 Meagan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meh, your usual Chick Lit. Not great literature, but great vacation reading.
Alicia
2.5 A little all over the place, had some good parts.
Marisa
Feb 16, 2009 Marisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than average chick lit. Funny, sharp emotional crises.
Jessica Nelson
Not usually the type of book I enjoy reading, but this one was kind of fun.
Denise
Aug 02, 2009 Denise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book...kind of felt like I was on a road trip.
Kim
Jan 09, 2008 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book quite a bit. Very easy to get into and stick with.
Jody
Aug 03, 2011 Jody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really good trashy summer beach read
Amy
Jun 01, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book very funny and liked the writing style a lot.
Ameni Babbou
Jul 08, 2015 Ameni Babbou rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
one of the funniest book i read. i like the way she starts to make theories and analize the situation. it's hilarious how she can besaracastic loved her so much
ANGEL
Oct 21, 2015 ANGEL rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny, Quirky and totally relatable!
Feb 12, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
Jodi
Dec 17, 2013 Jodi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are familiar with Santa Cruz, its a fun, easy read.
Dawn
Jun 01, 2014 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy and enjoyable read.
Shannon
Jan 17, 2009 Shannon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who enjoy Chick Flicks
Recommended to Shannon by: noone, it was $2.50 @ Indigo, how could I pass up the price!
An OK book, better than some I've read in the past. A quick read though, nice short chapters.
Jane Mackay
Dec 25, 2014 Jane Mackay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite of my friend and former writing instructor Jody Gehrman's books. A fun read!
  • The Funeral Planner
  • The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter
  • Bombshell
  • Marrying Up
  • Losing It
  • Scenes From A Holiday
  • Bundle of Joy?
  • Lucky Girl
  • Do They Wear High Heels in Heaven?
  • The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2)
  • Sex with the Ex
  • The Last Year of Being Married
  • Strapless
  • Loose Screws
  • Burning The Map (Red Dress Ink (Numbered Paperback))
  • Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?
  • Loves Me, Loves Me Not
  • Tallulahland
194256
Jody Gehrman is a native of Northern California, where she can be found writing, teaching, reading, or obsessing over her three cats most days. She is also the author of ten novels and numerous award-winning plays. Her Young Adult novels include The Truth About Jack, Audrey's Guide to Black Magic, Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft, Babe in Boyland, Confessions of a Triple Shot Betty, and Triple Shot Be ...more
More about Jody Gehrman...