Blank-133x176
What Men Want

Deborah Blumenthal

What Men Want

3.03 of 5 stars 3.03  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Q: How does a thirty-five-year-old newspaper reporter with a vanilla-sounding name like Jenny George know so much about men?
A: She doesn't.

When her live-in boyfriend made a relationship trade-in (for the lingerie model starring in the ad campaign Jenny created) she realized she knew nothing about men. But Jenny is about to be clued in. Assigned to the Caribbean to write an...more
ebook
Published June 1st 2012 by Red Dress Ink (first published February 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about What Men Want, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Men Want

Tressa
I’m not sure how I feel exactly about What Men Want. I liked Jenny even though she seemed to dwell constantly upon the possibility that her boyfriend, Chris, was cheating on her. I did think that the ending was hopeful.
Amanda
So-so. It was a book about a columnist, that was kind of interesting. I really felt disappointed in this book though. There weren't may interesting messages, except for one character that had moved to the wilderness to escape the pace of modern life, even though he was perfectly OK when had to come to the city. There was some commentary on the role of journalism in society, but nothing too earth-shattering.

Honestly, I felt like there were so many characters and stories that a lot got left out......more
Angie
J'ai d'abord commencé par trouver l'histoire mollassonne mais gentillette, puis petit à petit ma vision de Jen s'est modifiée, et je me suis mise à réellement l'apprécier au point de me mettre à sa place pour traiter cette ordure de ##### de tous les noms. Le style de Blumenthal aidant, on se laisse facilement porter par son écriture pour finalement passer un agréable moment.
Shea
This book took me over a month to finish, which for me means it wasn't all the great. The plot didn't do much for me; there was nothing there that made me have to finish it other than the fact that once I got halfway through I figured it'd be dumb not to. Definitely not something where I'd read something else by the author (unless by accident).
Margaret
This was better than I thought it might be although I thought the ending was rather predictable. Like a lot of chick lit books, I thought the main character (in this case, Jenny) was a little on the ditzy side, which led to some bad decisions on her part and it goes on from there ... this of course does make it entertaining.
bookczuk
Sent to me by a BookCrosser and I thought I'd give it a read before releasing, despite the mixed reviews it received. Pains me to say that I didn't listen to reviewers. At first, it had the potential to rise above the ordinary, but alas, never made the leap -- at least not for this reader.
Maria (Ri)
Bleh. I found this one predictable and only very mildly entertaining. It seems to be the same old chick lit fodder, just mixed up a little bit. At firt it seems like there will be a bit of a mystery, but sadly, no, just more predictable plot. I found the title to be ill fitting as well.
Maryann
Because when it's the time of year when I get overwhelmed with school stuff, I need a little time for myself-sort of good-to-read-in-the bathtub novel. This one fit the bill. Surprising? No, but cute...and sometimes that's exactly what one needs.
Kim
I love a book that you can devour in one sitting. This is one of those. I thought, perhaps, there could've been a little more closure though. The ending lacked a bit compared to the rest of the book.
Celeste Johnson
Cute book! I really enjoyed this novel..I'm going to have to check out some more books by this lady!
Lee
“liked it -- only just at the end, thought it had a weak, not very satisfying ending.”
Cheryl
the only kind of book i can while feverish and sick, some mindless chick lit!
Joanne
Funny...yet gee..predictable! ;->
Dawn
Easy and enjoyable read.
Ramona Ballard
Ramona Ballard marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Lavi
Lavi added it
Aug 12, 2014
Sarah added it
Jun 28, 2014
Khawla
Khawla marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Jocelyn Lindner
Jocelyn Lindner marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Sophia
Sophia added it
Apr 27, 2014
Suzie
Suzie marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Diana Olsen
Diana Olsen marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Tammy Smith
Tammy Smith marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Deborah Blumenthal is an award-winning journalist and nutritionist who now divides her time between writing children's books and adult novels. She has been a regular contributor to The New York Times (including four years as the Sunday New York Times Magazine beauty columnist), and a home design columnist for Long Island Newsday. Her health, fitness, beauty, travel, and feature stories have appear...more
More about Deborah Blumenthal...
The Lifeguard Fat Chance Fat Camp Mafia Girl The Blue House Dog