Start by marking “On the Verge” as Want to Read:
On the Verge

Ariella Papa

On the Verge

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  468 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Twenty-three-year-old Jersey girl Eve Vitali is on the verge of something...whether it be a relationship, the fabulous life that she reads about in the Styles section of the New York Times or a nervous breakdown. Despite her Jackie O. suit, Eve works as an unappreciated assistant for--of all things--a bicycle magazine. Everyone keeps telling her that she's got her foot in ...more
ebook
Published June 1st 2012 by Red Dress Ink (first published July 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about On the Verge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the Verge

Stacey
Hilarious!! This book grabs your attention from the first line to the last page. Highly amusing and worth the time to read it.
Sally
Feb 21, 2009 Sally rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chick lit fans, young women in their early 20s
I liked this book. As with most Red Dress Ink books it is pure chick lit, which I love. Here was my only complaint- and I know it is going to make me sound like a huge prude. The amount the women in this book drink seems completely ludicrous to me. I am only a few years older than them, and, while I am undeniably in a different place in my life, I was still blown away by them getting drunk almost every single night. Like fall down black out drunk. Oddly enough that did not really play into the p ...more
Lisa
This is one of those books that found me at the perfect time - I saw so much of myself in this book, it felt nice to have a companion as I tackled the same moment in time of my life!
Esther
Nothing incredible. Just a easy book about twenty-something women and New York trying to live the glamoroous life and follow their dreams...even if they aren't sure what the hell those dreams are.
eleonora -
Leggero ed intrigante come tutti i libri della Red Dress Ink che ho letto.
Sarà perché li ho letti tutti quanti d'estate, ma mi viene proprio da consigliarli come estivi. Questo libro è fresco, divertente, dinamico. Un modo carino per passare con spensieratezza qualche ora del proprio tempo.
Jenny
This is a chick-lit book about 3 twenty-something year old girls finding their way in NYC. Lots of drinks, sex, and griping about their jobs. I thought this read would be more fun than it turned out. I may have lost a few brain cells- much like these girls with all of their hangovers.
Sri Vidya
At first, I thought it is another 'Devil wears Prada' story, but later I realized it is completely different. Though both are based on publishing industries, the approach and characters are really different. Overall, an interesting book, not great but not a waste of time.
Sara
This was a post-college read, before I was aware of the vast expansion of "chic-lit". I definitely related to the young ambitious tone of a recent graduate, but beyond a lot of the light reads I've done since, I still recall this one having particularly fun and witty writing.
Cali
Part of the Red Dress Ink series operating under Harlequin...need I say more??? In all seriousness, it was a fun read. Perfect book to have taken on my cruise. It's kind of like chocolate-a guilty pleasure. It's completely predictable and cheesy, but entertaining.
Moira Webster-Larranaga
There were some witty parts, and even though the characters were not well fleshed out, I still wanted to know what happened to them. I spent too much time trying to figure out what year the story was set in - I'm guessing the late 90's.
Ocean
Not a whole lot seemed to happen and what did happen was strange. The whole thing with the underwear seemed like it was just thrown in there. Not much build up or explanation for things. But, an easy read with a sweet main character.
Katie
This was Ariella's first book. I found the writing to be cluttered and the chapters (by month), too long. I found it difficult to separate the storyline. I will try another of hers, but this one I wouldn't read again.
Rebekkila
This is one of the better chick lit books I have read in a long time. The characters were believable and the situations that they got into weren't far-fetched silly escapades that you see in many books of this genre.
S
really funny, especially the part about david letterman. this book reminds me of the movie "mujeres al bordo de un ataque de nervios", a great movie, with antonio banderas in his twenties. 'nuff said.
Molly G
Aug 20, 2007 Molly G rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: chicklit
I enjoyed Bundle of Joy by Papas, but this one was forgettable. I couldn't even tell you what it was about. There were spelling errors and run-on sentences. I could tell it was a rushed publication. BOO.
Leah
Fun chick lit, brainless read. About a girl who moves to NYC and works for a magazine, has crazy girlfriends, parties, and switches around with guys....like I said, typical chick lit.
Kaitlyn Wb
A little shallow and facile. But I did like that it ended with the main character achieving a career goal, rather than a romantic one.
Eh... It was ok. It felt dated and cliched in so many different ways. I've read the same story elsewhere, but done so much better.
Erica
This was a great post-college read about a single woman living in the city. Definitely chick-lit, but better than most.
Stephanie
A cute, quick read. It's light material but nice to relate to if you're a recent college graduate.
Charity
An okay read. Not very impressed with this author's style. Story was just ho-hum.
Marissa
Completely cute book about a 20 something girl trying to make it in NYC.
Sherri
Loved this book. My kind of read. Got me hooked on Red Dress Ink
Lisa
Regular chick lit... nothing gripping... not bad... just okay.
Emily
A fun, yet unsubstantial, girly book. A fast and entertaining read.
Dawn
A cute chick lit story with a likable heroine.
Eli
Nothing to make it stand out one way or another.
Kim
Fantastic book. Remains one of my favorites.
  • Confessions of an Ex-Girlfriend
  • My Fake Wedding
  • Cat's Meow
  • In Full Bloom
  • 32AA
  • Foreign Tongue: A Novel of Life and Love in Paris
  • Whose Wedding Is It Anyway? (Red Dress Ink)
  • Name & Address Withheld
  • Dating Without Novocaine
  • Mafia Chic
  • Strapless
  • Miss Bubbles Steals the Show
  • Summer in the Land of Skin (Red Dress Ink)
  • Couch World