Start by marking “Guardian of the Night” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Guardian of the Night

Linda Thomas-Sundstrom

Guardian of the Night (Vampire Moons #2)

The Guardian. An immortal with incredible strength, created centuries ago to protect the purity of the vampire bloodline and fight those who would abuse its power. As one of the seven Blood Knights, Mason LanVal spent lifetimes honoring his vows without wavering. That all changed the night he found Faith.
Faith James will do anything to save her missing sister. Even if it
Published June 1st 2012 by Harlequin Nocturne (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Guardian of the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardian of the Night

JJBMocha
May 28, 2012 JJBMocha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a light and easy read this is not a book for you. If you are looking to read about a vampire who is honorable, has love for the people...all species, with big soft heart and asks nothing for himself this is a book for you.

I fell in love with the story with the first book "Golden Vampire" and this book made me love the series even more. This man, Guardian is going through some deep thoughts and searching deep in his soul what he wants from life, what is the real purpose of
Rhonda
Jul 10, 2012 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4STARS Guardian of the Night has werewolves,werehunters, vampires and one of seven Guardians that are part vampire but stronger they were made to destroy vampires and keep thier blood pure. Faith James from Florida has come to France to find her sister that left her tour bus in the wilds of France. She crashes her car when she sees her sister and chases after her. She finds a animal trap that broke the bones and cut deep into her leg. She uses her shirt as a bandage to slow the bleeding. She kno ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

Tiny but strong and totally unshakeable.

I love a book that keeps me riveted to my seat. Guardian of the Night is one of those books. Ms Thomas-Sundstrom has created, in around three hundred pages, a great tale filled with intrigue, action and lots of romance. I identified with the characters and wanted to see them get their heart's desire as well as solve the mystery.

I liked Faith. She's on a mission and nothing will keep her from fin
Cleffairy
Aug 05, 2012 Cleffairy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed at: Over A Cuppa Tea
Review date: 5 August 2012
Review link: http://cleffairy.com/?p=8032

Dark, sensual, alluring and seductive. Those are the words I would use to describe this particular book written by Ms. LindaThomas-Sundstorm. It’s not only packed with dark mystery and paranormal element, but it’s also packed with action and romantic in nature. I love the mystery, I love the descriptions and the world created by the author and I definitely love the interaction between the characters.

I
Jonna Edwards
Jun 07, 2012 Jonna Edwards rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thomas-Sundstrom rocks emotion. When a drop of immortal blood saves Faith James from death, that blood also binds her to Mason LanVal, the immortal who gave it to her. Neither understands this. But the excitment begins when that drop of blood makes their attraction undeniable. The emotional roller coaster kept me interested until the very end. This story is deep, expressive and compelling, just what I was looking for.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Vampire Moons
Category: Paranormal Romance
Audio Sample
Leila Anani
Not bad vampire/werewolf paranormal romance drawing on Arturian legends as well as traditional vampire/werewolf lore. The world created is believable and interesting and the story is solid with a good villain. What isn't so great about this one is the characters and the emotions/motivating forces. The heroine is injured in an animal trap at the beginning. She remains incapacitated for almost the whole book, which makes her fairly passive. While we read of her strong mind and see things from her ...more
Morgan Faulkner
Mar 28, 2012 Morgan Faulkner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal fans
Read this last night after getting it a special Barnes and Noble book party. Stayed up to finish because I couldn't put it down. This is a fast-paced, sexy book. Guardian of the Night is smooth.

The blood knights are incredible immortals from the times of the round table that are still around today. This is Mason Lan Val's story. An immortal who has never veered from his original path, and whose loneliness after all that time is rewarded (with a lot of stumbling blocks getting in the way) by a ch
Linda Thomas-Sundstrom
Mar 21, 2012 Linda Thomas-Sundstrom rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
"Guardian of the Night" releases on May 22, 2012.

It's full Book 2 in my "Vampire Moons" series for Nocturne. It's a story of the life of one of the seven holy Blood Knights from Aurthurian times, as we meet him in the current century, and the woman who has what it takes to lure him into her world.
Immortality, danger, suspense and romance in a vow that ties Mason LanVal to the job he has to do, and the holy relic he has to protect at all cost form those seeking it.

The first full book in this ser
Debbie Heaton
In Thomas-Sundstrom’s paranormal romance, Mason LanVal is the immortal guardian created centuries ago to protect the purity of the vampire bloodline and fight those who abuse its power and hurt the innocent. He has spent lifetimes honoring his duty until the day he meets Faith James. Faith is searching for her missing sister and willing to do anything to find her. Seeking out Mason for help, instead she finds more questions about herself and her past. Discovering she is a trueborn Lycan, she is ...more
Kathy
Cyndy Aleo
There are two things it's probably obvious from my Goodreads shelves that I'm a sucker for: vampires and romances. Put them together in one book and it's likely I'm going to love it, so when I had the chance to read Linda Thomas-Sundstrom's Guardian of the Night (fourth in her series of full-length novels and novellas) through NetGalley, I jumped at the chance.

Faith James is a newly minted surgeon with a younger sister, Hope, she's raised since the two were orphaned when Faith was 20. When Hop
Katie Michaels
Faith is an American doctor in Europe searching for her missing sister, Hope. She is told that a man named Mason LanVal may be able to help in her search. But on her way to seek him out, she is caught in an iron trap that nearly takes off her leg. She doesn't know it, but local vampires set the trap and others like it to catch animal and human prey. Fortunately, Mason picks up the scent of her blood first and rescues her.

Mason is like a vampire in many ways, but he is stronger and has a greater
Jaime
Jun 05, 2012 Jaime rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The Guardian. An immortal with incredible strength, created centuries ago to protect the purity of the vampire bloodline and fight those who would abuse its power. As one of the seven Blood Knights, Mason LanVal spent lifetimes honoring his vows without wavering. That all changed the night he found Faith, a Doctor on the hunt for her missing sister.

The book takes place of the course of a few hours, so the fact that the lead character’s were so deeply in love drove me insane. For most of the stor
Natasna
Feb 25, 2013 Natasna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Autographed First Read******
SPOILERS
Here is my review on this novel, while it looks like it is the third book in a series it can be a stand alone novel. It starts off right in th action with Faith driving on a dark road in France looking for a man named Mason Lanval because he can help her find her sister. Faith gets into a car wreck because she sees her sister Hope, she then runs after her in the forest and get trapped by a bear trap. LanVal senses this and comes to help her while he is struggl
BeLoved Book Reviews
2.5 Stars- Okay read

* I received this book for a review in return for an honest review.

Guardian of the Night was an overall okay read. The storyline was not something I've ever read before which was very refreshing and it was a pretty fast pace read but I didn't mind that at all.

I have a little trouble with some parts in the book, like Mason and Faith feelings for one another seem to be only because of the bond between them from the drop of blood he gave her to save her life not because they rea
Katie_la_geek
This book and I just didn’t seem to get on. The main reason for this is realism. I understand that PNR is not a realistic genre but I do like the characters to at least act fairly realistically to things that happen to and around them. The problem for me here was that the main female character did everything a normal woman would. Her sister is missing, she is seriously injured and strange people refuse to take her to a hospital and keep her locked in a room. She is a doctor so she knows how life ...more
Mary
Dec 02, 2013 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy fiction, mystery, romance....but never would have imagined “paranormal” would be added to the list. A friend of mine invited me to a book signing and since I had nothing better to do I decided to go. I am so glad I did! Guardian of the Night was my first paranormal novel. I bought the book to be supportive of a local author, without intention of actually reading it; what could I possibly get out of it- Paranormal Romance - are you kidding me? Well, before I stashed the book I decided I w ...more
Tasneem
This was fun, quick read. I liked the Guardian and his quest. I did find it odd that his name was so modern. Mason is not really a name one would associate with a knight of old. Given the lack of basic historical research I was apt to dismiss the book. But for a quick mindless read it was entertaining. I did like the vampires and the evil over-lord was most interesting. I liked the twist, that it wasn't who Mason thought the chief organiser of the vampires would be.

She was a bit annoying, but n
Arianna
Apr 30, 2013 Arianna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Lungo, prolisso e in definitiva illeggile. L'idea era anche carina, ma è scritto malissimo. L'eroina si reca in Francia perchè la sorella minore è scomparsa durante una gita. Lì si scopre che lei è una licantropa e l'uomo di cui si è innamorata è un guardiano, i progenitori dei vampiri, sua sorella è una Cacciatrice, aka nemica giurati dei licantropi, e tutti vogliono allegramente ammazzare insieme dei vampiri.
Oooook, va bene.
Si ringrazia NetGalley e Harlequin per la gentile preview.

Voto: 2 stel
GONZA
May 29, 2012 GONZA rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm sad to say that as a romance reader with vampires a weres involved this book was not one of my favorite, because most of all the interactions between the two main characters happened in the mind of one of the two, probably it would have been much more fun a lot of fight between them.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND HARLEQUIN FOR THE PREVIEW
Renee
Guardian of the Night

I couldn't put this book down! So many twists and turns left me trying to figure out how there was ever going to be a happy ending! I really enjoyed all the characters in this story and hope to see some of them in the future.
A.S. Johnson
Typical vampire/lycan base, mix a dash of romance in the pot, and it was a good story line. Long and drawn out, felt forced at times as the pace went along, and as though the story could go on forever, but finally was wrapped up quickly at the very end.
Genevieve Potgieter
This was not my idea of a good para. So much time was spent in the characters heads speclating on what was happening and rehashing it all that I was frustrated and annoyed. One star for a truly boring book.
Marquise Bryan
Marquise Bryan rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
Dana
Dana rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2015
Bruce McKay
Bruce McKay rated it it was ok
Apr 05, 2016
H
H rated it it was ok
Jun 16, 2012
Kourtney Wilkinson
Kourtney Wilkinson rated it really liked it
May 11, 2014
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Witch Thief (Unbound #6)
  • Claim the Night (The Claiming #1)
  • Nightwalker (Nightwalkers #3)
  • Guardian Wolf (Alpha Force #3)
  • Dark Sins and Desert Sands (Mythica #5)
  • The Covert Wolf (Phoenix Force, #1)
  • Savage Redemption (Vampire #5)
  • A Wolf's Heart (Valorian Chronicles #6)
  • Ghost Stalker (The Tracker #2)
  • The Half-Breed Vampire (Sons of Midnight #3)
  • Deja Vu
  • Vacation with a Vampire...and Other Immortals (Wings in the Night #17.5)
  • Vacation with a Vampire: Stay / Vivi and the Vampire / Island Vacation
  • Tiger Bound (Sentinels #4)
  • Warrior Rising (The Esri #4)
  • Keeper of the Moon (The Keepers: L.A. #2)
  • Wolf Whisperer (The Pack #11)
  • Holiday with a Vampire 4 (Vampire Moons #2.5 / Nightsiders 0.5)
Linda is the author of contemporary, paranormal romance, and urban fantasy books for Kensington, Amazon Montlake, GothicScapes, Harlequin Nocturne, and Harlequin Desire. She loves more than anything to write, and has a resident Muse who loudly sings all these stories to her.

Linda swears that all of her books come loaded with good karma for the readers, for helping to support her writing dreams.

You
More about Linda Thomas-Sundstrom...

Vampire Moons (3 books)
  • Golden Vampire (Vampire Moons, #1)
  • Immortal Obsession (Vampire Moons, #3)