Start by marking “The Society Catch” as Want to Read:

Louise Allen

The Society Catch

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  3 reviews
RUNNING AWAY FROM LOVE!

Miss Joanna Fulgrave has turned herself into the perfect society catch to be worthy of dashing Colonel Giles Gregory. But all her hard effort to improve herself comes to nothing when it looks as if Giles is about to propose--to someone else!

Deciding that bad behavior is infinitely more attractive than perfection, Joanna flees her shocked family. Gile
Published January 17th 2012 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published December 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Society Catch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Society Catch

Lauren
I finished this book in one night. It is the first historical harlequin I have ever read. It was funny and all the characters are quite likable. Joanna was spunky. I quite enjoyed her little fits and her unexpectedness.
Susan
I borrowed this book from the mobile library, and found it a refreshing read. It's been far too long since I've read a Regency and I haven't read many M&B Historicals either. That's about to change.

I liked Joanna, the feisty heroine of this story, and she made me laugh (and groan in equal measure) at some of her mishaps!

The hero, Giles, is gorgeous, and a delight to get to know. He is also very patient and forgiving considering all that happens to him because of Joanna's sometimes childish m
Beiza
Loisa
Loisa added it
May 20, 2015
Malinda
Malinda marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 18, 2015
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Torrie
Torrie added it
Jan 25, 2015
Aggeliki Katsimardou
Aggeliki Katsimardou marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Rebecca Harvey
Rebecca Harvey marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Micky
Micky added it
Oct 13, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Chloe Smith
Chloe Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Sidonia
Sidonia marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 04, 2015 01:37PM

This author also writes under the name Francesca Shaw.

I have had my nose buried in a history book - fact or fiction - for as long as I can remember, but even more important to me are the places and the objects that conjure up the past. My first attempt at historical fiction
More about Louise Allen...
Virgin Slave, Barbarian King The Lord and the Wayward Lady (Regency Silk & Scandal, #1) Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #2) Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #1) The Officer and the Proper Lady (Regency Silk & Scandal, #7)