Start by marking “The Society Catch” as Want to Read:

Louise Allen

The Society Catch

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  3 reviews
RUNNING AWAY FROM LOVE!

Miss Joanna Fulgrave has turned herself into the perfect society catch to be worthy of dashing Colonel Giles Gregory. But all her hard effort to improve herself comes to nothing when it looks as if Giles is about to propose--to someone else!

Deciding that bad behavior is infinitely more attractive than perfection, Joanna flees her shocked family. Gile
Published January 17th 2012 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published December 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Society Catch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Society Catch

Lauren
I finished this book in one night. It is the first historical harlequin I have ever read. It was funny and all the characters are quite likable. Joanna was spunky. I quite enjoyed her little fits and her unexpectedness.
Susan
I borrowed this book from the mobile library, and found it a refreshing read. It's been far too long since I've read a Regency and I haven't read many M&B Historicals either. That's about to change.

I liked Joanna, the feisty heroine of this story, and she made me laugh (and groan in equal measure) at some of her mishaps!

The hero, Giles, is gorgeous, and a delight to get to know. He is also very patient and forgiving considering all that happens to him because of Joanna's sometimes childish m
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Torrie
Torrie added it
Jan 25, 2015
Aggeliki Katsimardou
Aggeliki Katsimardou marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Rebecca Harvey
Rebecca Harvey marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Micky
Micky added it
Oct 13, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Chloe Smith
Chloe Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Sidonia
Sidonia marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Cary
Cary added it
Jun 29, 2014
KU2
KU2 added it
Feb 11, 2015
Tristi Palmer
Tristi Palmer marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Juliet Mccleary
Juliet Mccleary marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

This author also writes under the name Francesca Shaw.

I have had my nose buried in a history book - fact or fiction - for as long as I can remember, but even more important to me are the places and the objects that conjure up the past. My first attempt at historical fiction
More about Louise Allen...
Virgin Slave, Barbarian King The Lord and the Wayward Lady (Regency Silk & Scandal, #1) Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #2) Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #1) The Officer and the Proper Lady (Regency Silk & Scandal, #7)