Start by marking “Letting Go” as Want to Read:
Letting Go

Pamela Morsi

Letting Go

3.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  155 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Fortysomething Ellen Jameson is currently downsizing her life, a term she prefers over ones like widowed, broke and homeless. After her husband's untimely death, she was forced to sell his business and their family home to pay off the debt. Now, with her partyhardy, twenty-one-year-old daughter Amber in tow, along with Amber's three-year-old daughter, Jet, Ellen has moved ...more
Published January 17th 2012 by Mira Books (first published March 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Letting Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letting Go

Katie
Jan 05, 2009 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-08
This was a good multi-generational book. It follows the lives of 4 women and discusses how hard life can be, but that sometimes it's just our perception of life that holds us back. I really liked how the book believed that everything will work out for the best... even if it takes a while.
Ferne
May 18, 2014 Ferne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was only my third title by Pamela Morsi but it won't be such a long interval until the next one. Letting Go is a treasure not only as a story about 4 generations of women in the setting of San Antonio, TX but for the priceless thought-provoking life lessons that are shared through witty conversations and endearing moments.

It is extremely rare for me to read a book again as there are so many on my 'to read' bookshelf and so many on my 'wish list' to borrow or purchase but I'd definitely enjo
Janet
Seriously women's fiction*esque since there wasn't a kiss in the whole book. Amber, the daughter, slept with someone but that was pretty gross. This was sad and hopeful and sensible all at the same time. Bad things happen to good people and whatca gonna do. I guess that was the theme. But underneath it all was a core of goodness and caring, with a few sprinkes of fairy-godmother, magic dust too. Everyone ends up with something more at the end of the book -- hardworking, downtrodden Ellen has a f ...more
Bree
Sep 12, 2011 Bree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I really liked this book. Unlike the fluffy Chick Lit I usually end up reading this had substance. The story was not based on sex or fast paced falling in love. I really liked the characters and thought Morsi created a scene I could visualize in my head.
Carole Anderson
Feb 04, 2013 Carole Anderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was nice book. About 3 women (great-grandmother, mother, daughter) surviving in New Orleans. Good story, happy ending, but not sappy. I'd never read this author before; I would read another of hers.
Sherry Grussing
It was an okay book. I tend not to like books that have a character in it like Ellen's daughter, Amber. That young woman needed a knock upside the head. Other than that, it was a pretty quick read.
Cara
Jun 23, 2012 Cara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice diversion from more "serious" fiction. Pamela Morsi's books always have casts of interesting characters and this one didn't dissappoint.
Bednarzterry
Just too predictably convenient. Men and money solve all their problems. Only one step up from a Harlequin, in my humble opinion.
Denise Jo
Jun 04, 2013 Denise Jo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit, fiction
This was a little drawn out but a good book.
Susan
Feb 15, 2009 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-liked
Entertaining easy read. Not too deep.
Karen Linker-Williams
Apr 03, 2010 Karen Linker-Williams rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
boring!
Michele Reavis
Michele Reavis marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Julie A. Crouse
Julie A. Crouse marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Nannette Blackwell
Nannette Blackwell marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Renee Hower-capozzolo
Renee Hower-capozzolo rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Vivianne
Vivianne rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Colleen Scidmore
Colleen Scidmore marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Jennifer Montgomery
Jennifer Montgomery rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Megan Niles
Megan Niles rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Kim S
Kim S rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Madeline
Madeline marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Carol Lindsay
Carol Lindsay rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
WFWA
WFWA added it
Apr 22, 2016
  • A Man Like Mac
  • The Lily and the Leopard
  • Smooth Talkin' Stranger (Contemporary Duo, #2)
  • Moonbeams and Magic (Saar, #4)
  • Heart's Surrender
  • Like Mother, Like Daughter
  • The Knight and the Rose
  • Blackjack & Moonlight (The Blackjack Quartet, #3)
  • Mine Under the Mistletoe
  • Daughters
  • Glass Houses
  • The Scarlet Spy
  • A Regency Christmas IV
  • The Guardian
  • My Only Love
  • R Is for Rebel (Unruly Royals, #4)
  • Sweet Everlasting
  • Just Kate
Pamela Morsi is a USA Today, Waldenbooks, and Barnes & Noble bestselling author of romance. She broke into publishing in 1991 with Heaven Sent and has been gracing readers with at least a book a year ever since. Two of her novels, Courting Miss Hattie (1992) and Something Shady (1996), won the Romance Writers of America's RITA Award, the highest honor in romance publishing, and others have bee ...more
More about Pamela Morsi...