Start by marking “Her Man Advantage” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Her Man Advantage

Joanne Rock

Her Man Advantage (Double Overtime #2)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  24 reviews

Full-body contact never felt this good...
By rights, they should hate each other.
Filmmaker Jennifer Hunter doesn't want to make a hockey documentary any more than hockey defenseman Axel Rankin wants to star in one. But neither of them anticipates the molten rush of pure lust for each other, and they can't help but give in, on and off camera....
The last thing Axel needs i...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Harlequin Blaze (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Her Man Advantage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Man Advantage

Charlotte Mcfall

Her man advantage centred around the ice hockey team 'philadelphia phantoms' our heroine jennifer reluctantly agrees to make a documentary about them. In order her boss Colin will allow her to make a documentary on cyber bullying a subject close to her heart. After her sister suffers bullying at school. Jennifer sees it as a means to an end and reluctantly agrees. Once on location she meets ex Finn biker bad boy Alex Rankin. They try to keep their relationship away from the documentary after bei...more
Dee
Read in "Game On" box set.

Two-haiku review:

He's a hockey jock
She makes documentaries
How can they work out?

Major subplot, too
Almost like two novellas
Neither very deep
Carol Storm
This is a terrific romance! Axe is the most amazing hero, a Viking-type from Finland who happens to be a professional hockey player. And filmmaker Jen gets to tame him on the road, with all kinds of steamy encounters in the fevered sports atmosphere!

What really makes Joanne Rock special is that her secondary romances are always just as touching as the main couple. I thought Vincent and Chelsea were so original and real and I really wanted them to get together.

I would recommend this book to anyo...more
Kate
Overall rating -- 3.5 stars

This book seemed too short to have a secondary romance (it works for some Blazes, but not for this one). I wish the book had focused only on the hero and heroine. I also wasn't keen on the "hero in danger from his ex-biker gang" subplot.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Double Overtime
Category: Passion
Audio Sample
Sheryl
Oh yeah, i really LOVED this series!! Axel is HOT (well he is a hockey player) and y'all know i love me some studtastic hockey players! :)
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
The sexy men of the Phantoms Hockey Team are at it again. This time, Axel Rankin is having a hard time keeping his eyes and hands off of the fiery, red-head director, Jennifer Hunter, who is supposed to be documenting the team as they enter the playoffs. He needs to keep her camera's out of his past and out of his business, but her in his bed.

I really enjoyed Axel and Jennifer's story, not more than One Man Rush, but just as much. I really hope Joanne plans to write more of the Phantoms Hockey...more
Romancing the Book
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by Desere
Review Copy Provided by the Author

Joanne Rock has done it again in this nail biting read. A sexy as sin hockey player with a very rocky past is thrown together with a take no nonsense girl made this a fantastic read. The book had secrets and red hot passionate love scenes.

The overwhelming chemistry between Jennifer and Axel was like a burst of fresh and sexy off screen romance. I loved how the author did not shy away from sharing anything and...more
Julie Barrett
Her Man Advantage by Joanne Rock
This Murphy Family Saga is about Axel Rankin. He grew up in the Murphy household as a foster child. Everybody treats him like a true family member.
He is also a hockey superstar, best friend with Kyle and they have a stipulation in the hockey organization that they play together on the same team. He was born in Finland and does not want to be filmed for a documentary because of his past.
Jennifer Hunter is the camera lady who wants more in depth info about the playe...more
LaFleurBleue
Quite similar to the previous books, in the sense there are also 2 love stories in parallel, the overall length is the same, a short book, and the whole story takes place over about 10 days in this case.
The characters also were easy to like. However the conflicts and difficulties the characters manage to overcome are much bigger than in the previous book and their rather easy resolution did not completely convince me.
Tressa
If ice hockey is one of your favorite sports, you'll immediately realize that Her Man Advantage was inspired by HBO's 24/7: Road to the NHL Winter Classic. The sport is primarily a backdrop for the characters, Jennifer and Axel. I thought the story was fun and sexy.

I did find Jennifer amusing and I liked Axel's explanation for sexual chemistry. I also thought that the secondary characters were interesting. I didn't think the storyline about the Destroyers was necessary, but Her Man Advantage wa...more
Laura (Kyahgirl)
2.5/5; 3 stars; B-
Narrator: Gabra Zackman

I didn't enjoy this book as much as book 1 of this hockey series. Two reason; I really dislike the 'break up with your lover to protect them' trope. And the second was, the narrator on this audiobook was not as enjoyable as on the first book. Her tone and pacing were good, as well as distinction between characters. However, she had an intrusive vocal habit which basically amounted to raising her tone at the end of many words and sentences.
jvan326
I'm torn on this rating. I disliked the story between Axel and Jennifer but I enjoyed the side story of Vincent and Chelsea (they should have been the main story). I don't know, I've never read a Joanne Rock book that I've really liked. Might have to give up on this author!
Elizabeth
I don't know this one was kind of cheesy for me. The characters didn't really grab me and the romance was a bit dull. I think Chelsea's story was a bit more interesting but not enough to grab me.
Suze
Enjoyed it. Well written, delivered everything expected. Would have liked more hockey. The only bit I wasnt convinced of was the gang scene. Liked the secondary story with Vinnie and Chelsea.
Terri Pray
Not as good as some of Ms. Rock's other books, and the secondary storyline was almost as strong as the primary so at times I was left wondering whose story was actually being told.
Irene
Was not that fond of this one. Had higher hopes, because it involves a hockey player, but was not convinced.
Jen
Why did I even bother reading this? I knew I wouldn't like it, and yet. Ugh, I only have myself to blame.
Rachael Ruddick
Loved the book, and am enjoying the series, hope another story is to follow.

Great job, Joanne! Proud to call you my buddy:-)
Mem
Jan 27, 2014 Mem marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
B684 May2012
Maryellen Kunkel
Maryellen Kunkel marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
H2
H2 added it
Oct 18, 2014
  • The Guy Most Likely To...: Underneath It All\Can't Get You Out of My Head\A Moment Like This
  • Face-Off
  • Long Road Home (Sons of Chance, #7)
  • The Braddock Boys: Colton (Braddock Boys, #4) (Love At First Bite, #7)
  • Watch Me (Stepping Up Trilogy, #1)
  • Body Check
  • The Rebel
  • Time Out
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Harlequin Blaze, #493) (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Touch and Go
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • The Wedding Fling (Harlequin Blaze #734)
  • Relentless Seduction
  • The Concubine
Three-time RITA nominee Joanne Rock turned a passion for writing into a career when imaginary characters kept her awake at night, demanding she tell their stories. The author of over sixty romances in a variety of subgenres, she enjoys writing contemporary romance as well as medieval historicals in addition to her Young Adult stories as J.K. Rock co-authored with her sister-in-law, Karen. A former...more
More about Joanne Rock...
One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1) Highly Charged! (Uniformly Hot!, #16) Double Play (Harlequin Blaze, #560) Always Ready (Uniformly Hot!, #3) (Harlequin Blaze #457) Making a Splash