Revealed (The Missing, #7)

Revealed (The Missing #7)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  132 ratings  ·  16 reviews
After a mysterious cameo from Charles Lindbergh, it’s up to Jonah to save his town in the seventh book of the New York Times bestselling The Missing series, which Kirkus Reviews calls “plenty of fun and great for history teachers as well.

It’s morning as usual at the Skidmore household—until Charles Lindbergh, the famous historical pilot, appears in their living room. Jonah...more
Published September 2nd 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Revealed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revealed

Déjá
Still waiting for the release date! This is all the info I could find, and 'very reliable' from Wikipedia, it seems there will be an eighth book named "Redeemed"! What if Jonah is one of the Wright Brothers or Amelia Earhart's son?!

From an eBay ARC:

"It's morning as usual at the Skidmore household - until Charles Lindbergh, the famous historical pilot, appears in their living room. Jonah can hardly believe his eyes - and then Lindbergh grabs Katherine and vanishes again. And that's not all. Chip...more
Marie Ralston
I have loved Haddix for years and have enjoyed most of her books. This book is not one of my favorites or one that I will be revisiting any time soon.

Pros-
Mystery surrounding main character solved
Interesting characters
Feels like the end of the series

Cons -
Pacing is off... Way too much talking and not enough action/story movement
It was hard to follow all of the paradoxes as an adult... If I as an adult had problems with this book, I am sure the intend audience will too
The dialogue didn't flow
Jona...more
Edward Sullivan
The seventh book in the Missing series. This one involves Charles Lindbergh.
Janet
This is a great series aimed at younger readers. The protagonist and his cohorts think and act like 11-13 year olds, which they are. This never bothered me, it is a YA series, after all. The only immaturity that bothered me was from the adults who were 'unaged' in Revealed. I found them annoying and I don't believe it was necessary to have them regress so far emotionally to prove the point that they were now kids again. They retained all memory and knowledge of their adult lives, their personali...more
Kendall
3 1/2 stars. I thought for sure this was the last one! Many loose ends were tied up. I have really enjoyed Haddix's notes at the end of the last few books...her additional explanations and her personal reasons for choosing the content are especially interesting. My only complaint is one that Haddix herself mentions in a thank you to her publisher--the time traveling gets very convoluted and confusing in this book. I eventually gave up trying to understand everything and just kind of went with it...more
Alexa Orfao
Aug 03, 2013 Alexa Orfao marked it as to-read
So excited to finish this series so fr they have been amazing books
Natalie
It seems as if the Missing books just keep getting worse and worse.

Caution: there might be some spoilers.

This one is about Charles Lindbergh. He shows up in the Skidmore's living room, kidnaps Katherine, and causes all the adults to turn into kids (awful awful awful plot). All the other missing kids disappear too, except for Jonah.

Just so you know, this book will reveal Jonah's identity .

And it is so disappointing.

Anyway, so it's up to Jonah, JB-the-kid, and Angela-the-kid to fix everything. JB...more
Tracy
I'm torn. It's a good mystery book and I could see younger readers loving it. For older readers, it moves a little slow and you'll have probably figured out who (view spoiler) long before Jonah does.

As a older reader and a history fan I'd say that I prefer the more history based ones to this one. I did find myself excited to see how everything would end up and I liked that "Revealed" had Jonah on his own.

Now what I didn't like. (view spoiler)...more
Alex
Just finished it. Love the way she wrapped things up. The neat little bow on top is a bit frayed, mind you, but that's good. It keeps it realistic. I would've given this five stars, but but she went so deep into the technicalities of time travel that I had to read each "explanation" twice. Kinda disappointed by who Jonah really is, though. But overall, a praiseworthy finale.
Cathy Jo
There will be an eighth and final book released Sept. 8, 2015 called REDEEMED. I love this series and will be sad to see it come to a close.
Crissie Wood
Not as good as the others in my opinion, but still good. I just stopped trying to follow all the time travel paradoxes whys and such. However, the ending has me dying for the last book.
R. Fulleman
Enjoyed this book, as I did the rest of the series. It left me wanting a little more of the story, but it did wrap things up.
Heather
I would give it more of a 3.5. I still like the series but this book was a little harder to follow.
Tween 2 Teen Book Reviews
How can there be another book? This one felt SO wrapped up!
Mariel
i never read it i dont know...
Jessica Kang
Dec 08, 2013 Jessica Kang marked it as to-read
feb
Caitlyn
Caitlyn marked it as to-read
Rupsa
Rupsa marked it as to-read
Ramona
Ramona marked it as to-read
Kalynn
Kalynn marked it as to-read
Leah Bates
Leah Bates marked it as to-read
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Michael Ross
Michael Ross marked it as to-read
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
Sharky
Sharky is currently reading it
The Identity of Jonah Skidmore 4 17 Sep 15, 2014 12:20PM
  • The Forgotten Sisters (Princess Academy, #3)
  • Behind Enemy Lines (Infinity Ring, #6)
  • Slaves of Socorro (Brotherband Chronicles, #4)
  • Island of Legends (Unwanteds, #4)
  • The Rule of Thoughts (The Mortality Doctrine, #2)
  • Cave of Wonders (Infinity Ring, #5)
  • Unraveled (Crewel World, #3)
  • The Shadow Cabinet (Shades of London, #3)
  • Firebug (Firebug, #1)
  • Manners & Mutiny (Finishing School, #4)
  • The Lost (Witch & Wizard, #5)
  • Calamity (Reckoners, #3)
  • The Hangman's Revolution (W.A.R.P., #2)
  • Maid of Deception (Maids of Honor, #2)
  • Dearest (Woodcutter Sisters, #3)
  • Guardians Chapter Book #6
  • Curse of the Ancients (Infinity Ring #4)
  • Games Wizards Play (Young Wizards #10)
Margaret Peterson Haddix grew up on a farm near Washington Court House, Ohio. She graduated from Miami University (of Ohio) with degrees in English/journalism, English/creative writing and history. Before her first book was published, she worked as a newspaper copy editor in Fort Wayne, Indiana; a newspaper reporter in Indianapolis; and a community college instructor and freelance writer in Danvil...more
More about Margaret Peterson Haddix...
Among the Hidden (Shadow Children, #1) Into the Gauntlet (The 39 Clues, #10) Found (The Missing, #1) Just Ella (The Palace Chronicles, #1) Among the Impostors (Shadow Children, #2)