Start by marking “Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:
Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 01

Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 01 (Mamotte! Lollipop #1)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  2,753 ratings  ·  39 reviews
BOY CRAZY

Junior high schooler Nina is ready to fall in love. She’s looking for a boy who’s cute and sweet–and strong enough to support her when the chips are down. But what happens when Nina’s dream comes true . . . twice? One day, two cute boys literally fall from the sky: they’re both wizards and they’ve come to the Human World to take the Magic Exam. The boys’ success o
Published February 27th 2007 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 01

Maid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraKimi ni Todoke by Karuho Shiina
Great Romance Manga Reads!
76th out of 315 books — 455 voters
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoBeauty Pop, Vol. 1 by Kiyoko AraiDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi Ohba
Awesome Manga
62nd out of 340 books — 131 voters

More lists with this book...

Nikki  King
This Manga was so cute! So there's a test to become professional sorcerers, and all they have to do is find the crystal pearl. Simple right? No not reall since they drop it into the human world and only 1 team of 2 (whoever finds it first) becomes professional. Nina, a human, just happened to think it was a hard candy and ATE the pearl so know Zero and Ichii (2 sorcerer's) have to protect her from the others (because everyone wants the pearl that's inside of her) until the head sorcerer can fix ...more
Sesana
Mamotte! Lollipop has kind of a slow start for me. It feels like Michiyo Kikuta needed to get that first chapter under her belt, because it gets better as it goes. The first chapter is a little over the top in its silliness, while still being kind of generic. But by the end of the volume, it seems like she's settled in to her own style. Still kind of silly, but toned down a bit. The characters are also improving. And honestly, I think the interior art is a bit nicer than the cover makes it seem. ...more
Starbubbles
this series is adorable! after i started this series, i started seeing "mamotte" series everywhere! now, don't be fooled, this is lighthearted fluff with virtually no intellectual food for thought. but that's okay, zero and ichi keep the story moving along in a fast paced world of magic and fighting to become wizards.
Katya
This whole series was simply adorable. Nina I say is so lucky, she has 2 cute guys protecting her for a magical exam so the 2 boys can be professional wizards. I read the whole series, and I loved it to the end. Now all I want is the second series in English..... Go read it!
Rebecca
Mar 22, 2008 Rebecca rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Rebecca by: Savannah
Shelves: manga
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have even liked this title when I was the appropriate age for it. It was amusing in a couple of places, but by and large it wasn't interesting.
Naomi Amanda
I didn't even know what this manga was about when i bought it but i'm glad that I did because it is amazing and funny and I loved it
Setsanata
Junior high schooler Nina is ready to fall in love. She's looking for a boy who's cute and sweet-and strong enough to support her when the chips are down. But what happens when Nina's dream comes true . . . twice? One day, two cute boys literally fall from the sky: they're both wizards and they've come to the Human World to take the Magic Exam. The boys' success on this test depends on protecting Nina from evil, so now Nina has a pair of cute magical boys chasing her everywhere she goes! One of ...more
Qiana King
. . . The reviews were good. The feeling I got while waiting was good. The book itself . . . I have huge problems with. OK, I have a huge pet peeve: SWEARING. And it's not like it was swearing every page, but also, I felt that there was just TO MUCH STUFF! I mean . . . the one I knew she ended up with was A JJJJEEEERRRRKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sigh. It's true that I didn't read it all the way through, but . . . I don't even want to know what happened in the next 'exiting' story. Just gi ...more
Leila Anani
Nina is a 12 year old school girl with a very sweet tooth who dreams of prince charming, a boy who is kind, good looking and will protect her. She eats a piece of cake with an odd pearl shaped candy on top.

Immediately two trainee wizards, Zero and Ichii appear out of the sky. They are in the middle of a wizarding entrance exam - the goal of which is to find and keep a magic pearl - one big problem - Nina's just swallowed it. Now she's a target for all the trainee wizards, some who have no qualms
Daisy
from my opinion, i thught the book was really good! its my type of book because its adventure mixed with romance, two of my favorite geners. literally once i started reading the first book i just coulnd have put it down. after that i just to finish every volume :) and it was pretty much one of the best books i ever read.
Vivian
Nov 23, 2008 Vivian rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: manga lovers
An average girl accidentally swallowed a pearl which she thought was a candy.Two wizards called Ichi and Zero come falling from the sky to find the pearl for an exam.They are to protect her from other wizards trying to get the pearl as well.
Amanda Gonzalez
This book was so good, I loved it an when they told her she is going to be protected by evil people until Christmas comes she was like i don't believe it and she fell in love with the two boy's omg it was perfect.
Lord
Nov 27, 2008 Lord rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: school girls
Shelves: manga
The start of this manga was very weak but is showed some progress during the book and I actually ended up liking it. Still it's a so-so manga with average artwork and I don't think I'll be bying next volume.
Julia
Feb 13, 2010 Julia added it
Very good book! I love Michyo Kikuta! Totally original! I absolutley loved the bonus story, it is one of my favs!
Emily
One of my top fav. manga series<3
Loved the ending
And enjoyed the anime
Cynthia
Love this!!! Made me laugh out loud... <3.
May
Jan 13, 2012 May rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
zero is so cute!!!!!! nina should be zero
Jessica
Cute and actually kinda fun to read.
Rachel
looks good :)
Holly Letson
I absolutely loved this volume. Since I don't own any other volumes, I hope I can find scanslations of the other volumes.
--------------------
Nina is sitting at lunch, discussing her type of "perfect" man....one that would protect her and be handsome....when--all of a sudden--two men that fit the bill come rushing right in, and take her away.
The guys, the dark-haired Ichi and the light-haired Zero, are there to find the pearl for their wizardry exam. Trouble is, Nina had thought the pearl was
Amanda Sheila
***Baca versi Nakayoshi.

Meskipun gambarnya nggak sebagus dan semulus shojo manga lain, overall this story is good. Sedikit mirip Parfait Tic karena si cewek diperebutkan oleh dua cowok yang memiliki kepribadian berbeda. Ichii yang tenang dan Zero yang grusak-grusuk. Sounds familiar?
Leela Tso
I love this manga.
Sawada Tsuna
This series is AWESOME! So much humor and fun plus a spice of romance! Although I may not have read the manga, I have seen the anime and it rocks! I like how Nina and Zero are always fighting with one another. Also, I love meeting new wizards!
Roxanne
This series is sooo cute. There isn't much meat to the story so it is very light and fluffy, if you want something to read but don't really want to think too much and you need a happy lift pick up this series.
Kendra
My daughter loved this book and begged for me to read it. Honestly, I don't get why she thought it was so great. It's cute at points, but nothing to rave about. Hmmm... Maybe it's the age difference.
Snow
I love how it always starts out with a ordinary day and then all of of sudden..... Ahhhhhhhhh! You ask yourself ," what in the world just happened?" It kinda reminds me of Tokyo Mew Mew.
Sam Still Reading
This is a really cute manga. The storyline is nothing heavy (high school girl unexpectedly needs protection from boy wizards) but I found it a light and easy read after a long day at work.
Doremili
Es un shojo en toda la palabra. un harem para chicas, el dibujo no es detallista pero cumple su funcion.
Whereis
I could only read the first volume. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't interesting enough to read any further.
  • Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 01
  • Kamichama Karin, Vol. 01
  • Cherry Juice, Vol. 01
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 01
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess, #3)
  • Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 01
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 1 (Magical x Miracle, #1)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 2: Friends in Need (Shugo Chara!, #2)
  • Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 1
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 04
  • Saint Dragon Girl, Vol. 01
  • Tokyo Mew Mew, Vol. 1 (Tokyo Mew Mew, #1)
  • Cactus's Secret, Vol. 01
Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 02 Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 04 Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 03 Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 05 Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 06