Start by marking “Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:
Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 01

Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 01 (Mamotte! Lollipop #1)

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,286 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
BOY CRAZY

Junior high schooler Nina is ready to fall in love. She’s looking for a boy who’s cute and sweet–and strong enough to support her when the chips are down. But what happens when Nina’s dream comes true . . . twice? One day, two cute boys literally fall from the sky: they’re both wizards and they’ve come to the Human World to take the Magic Exam. The boys’ success o
Published February 27th 2007 by Del Rey

To ask other readers questions about Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 01

Maid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraKimi ni Todoke by Karuho Shiina
Great Romance Manga Reads!
80th out of 282 books — 543 voters
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaBeauty Pop, Vol. 1 by Kiyoko AraiDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino
Awesome Manga
75th out of 284 books — 137 voters

More lists with this book...

Sesana
May 01, 2012 Sesana rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, comics, magic
Mamotte! Lollipop has kind of a slow start for me. It feels like Michiyo Kikuta needed to get that first chapter under her belt, because it gets better as it goes. The first chapter is a little over the top in its silliness, while still being kind of generic. But by the end of the volume, it seems like she's settled in to her own style. Still kind of silly, but toned down a bit. The characters are also improving. And honestly, I think the interior art is a bit nicer than the cover makes it seem. ...more
Nikki  King
Oct 17, 2012 Nikki King rated it it was amazing
This Manga was so cute! So there's a test to become professional sorcerers, and all they have to do is find the crystal pearl. Simple right? No not reall since they drop it into the human world and only 1 team of 2 (whoever finds it first) becomes professional. Nina, a human, just happened to think it was a hard candy and ATE the pearl so know Zero and Ichii (2 sorcerer's) have to protect her from the others (because everyone wants the pearl that's inside of her) until the head sorcerer can fix ...more
Starbubbles
May 06, 2009 Starbubbles rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
this series is adorable! after i started this series, i started seeing "mamotte" series everywhere! now, don't be fooled, this is lighthearted fluff with virtually no intellectual food for thought. but that's okay, zero and ichi keep the story moving along in a fast paced world of magic and fighting to become wizards.
Rebecca
Mar 22, 2008 Rebecca rated it it was ok
Recommended to Rebecca by: Savannah
Shelves: manga
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have even liked this title when I was the appropriate age for it. It was amusing in a couple of places, but by and large it wasn't interesting.
Naomi Amanda
Dec 26, 2012 Naomi Amanda rated it really liked it
I didn't even know what this manga was about when i bought it but i'm glad that I did because it is amazing and funny and I loved it
Setsanata
Oct 17, 2008 Setsanata rated it really liked it
Junior high schooler Nina is ready to fall in love. She's looking for a boy who's cute and sweet-and strong enough to support her when the chips are down. But what happens when Nina's dream comes true . . . twice? One day, two cute boys literally fall from the sky: they're both wizards and they've come to the Human World to take the Magic Exam. The boys' success on this test depends on protecting Nina from evil, so now Nina has a pair of cute magical boys chasing her everywhere she goes! One of ...more
Qiana King
May 28, 2012 Qiana King rated it did not like it
. . . The reviews were good. The feeling I got while waiting was good. The book itself . . . I have huge problems with. OK, I have a huge pet peeve: SWEARING. And it's not like it was swearing every page, but also, I felt that there was just TO MUCH STUFF! I mean . . . the one I knew she ended up with was A JJJJEEEERRRRKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sigh. It's true that I didn't read it all the way through, but . . . I don't even want to know what happened in the next 'exiting' story. Just gi ...more
Daisy
Jul 21, 2012 Daisy rated it it was amazing
from my opinion, i thught the book was really good! its my type of book because its adventure mixed with romance, two of my favorite geners. literally once i started reading the first book i just coulnd have put it down. after that i just to finish every volume :) and it was pretty much one of the best books i ever read.
Katya
Sep 09, 2009 Katya rated it it was amazing
This whole series was simply adorable. Nina I say is so lucky, she has 2 cute guys protecting her for a magical exam so the 2 boys can be professional wizards. I read the whole series, and I loved it to the end. Now all I want is the second series in English..... Go read it!
Vivian
Nov 23, 2008 Vivian rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: manga lovers
An average girl accidentally swallowed a pearl which she thought was a candy.Two wizards called Ichi and Zero come falling from the sky to find the pearl for an exam.They are to protect her from other wizards trying to get the pearl as well.
Amanda G.
Jan 11, 2013 Amanda G. rated it it was amazing
This book was so good, I loved it an when they told her she is going to be protected by evil people until Christmas comes she was like i don't believe it and she fell in love with the two boy's omg it was perfect.
Lord
Nov 27, 2008 Lord rated it liked it
Recommends it for: school girls
Shelves: manga
The start of this manga was very weak but is showed some progress during the book and I actually ended up liking it. Still it's a so-so manga with average artwork and I don't think I'll be bying next volume.
Julia
Feb 13, 2010 Julia added it
Very good book! I love Michyo Kikuta! Totally original! I absolutley loved the bonus story, it is one of my favs!
Emily
And enjoyed the anime
May
Jan 13, 2012 May rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
zero is so cute!!!!!! nina should be zero
Jessica
Jan 27, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Cute and actually kinda fun to read.
Rachel
Jan 21, 2009 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
looks good :)
Leila Anani
Nina is a 12 year old school girl with a very sweet tooth who dreams of prince charming, a boy who is kind, good looking and will protect her. She eats a piece of cake with an odd pearl shaped candy on top.

Immediately two trainee wizards, Zero and Ichii appear out of the sky. They are in the middle of a wizarding entrance exam - the goal of which is to find and keep a magic pearl - one big problem - Nina's just swallowed it. Now she's a target for all the trainee wizards, some who have no qualms
Endless Forest
Aug 19, 2008 Endless Forest rated it it was amazing
Love it!
Holly Letson
I absolutely loved this volume. Since I don't own any other volumes, I hope I can find scanslations of the other volumes.
--------------------
Nina is sitting at lunch, discussing her type of "perfect" man....one that would protect her and be handsome....when--all of a sudden--two men that fit the bill come rushing right in, and take her away.
The guys, the dark-haired Ichi and the light-haired Zero, are there to find the pearl for their wizardry exam. Trouble is, Nina had thought the pearl was
Gustavo
Apr 04, 2015 Gustavo rated it it was ok
The story is a about a contest to become professional sorcerers, the people who are taking the exam must get back the crystal perl, but it was eaten by a woman, now Ichi and Zero two magicians must proctec her to pass the exam.
Well it was ok, the characters appears quick so isn't boring, but I would like to see more action.
Amanda Sheila
Aug 11, 2014 Amanda Sheila rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-or-comics
***Baca versi Nakayoshi.

Meskipun gambarnya nggak sebagus dan semulus shojo manga lain, overall this story is good. Sedikit mirip Parfait Tic karena si cewek diperebutkan oleh dua cowok yang memiliki kepribadian berbeda. Ichii yang tenang dan Zero yang grusak-grusuk. Sounds familiar?
Valeria Suarez
Oct 10, 2015 Valeria Suarez rated it liked it
Después de ese final del anime tan inconcluso no podía quedarme con las manos cruzadas.
Jamás he leído un manga pero la verdad es que me ha gustado mucho *~*
Susan-Ann Trenwith
Mar 29, 2015 Susan-Ann Trenwith rated it it was amazing
Kaitlin (Reading is My Treasure)
Feb 22, 2016 Kaitlin (Reading is My Treasure) rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
I had fun reading this! It's the first manga I've read and I'm definitely interested in read more of both the series and manga in general.
Leela Tso
Jul 01, 2014 Leela Tso rated it it was amazing
I love this manga.
Jessica
Jun 26, 2015 Jessica rated it liked it
This book was so cute, and I really liked it. I just got a little bored with it about half-way through, but it was still pretty good.
Krul Tepes
May 24, 2013 Krul Tepes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mamotte-lollipop
This series is AWESOME! So much humor and fun plus a spice of romance! Although I may not have read the manga, I have seen the anime and it rocks! I like how Nina and Zero are always fighting with one another. Also, I love meeting new wizards!
✟ℜoxanne✟(Death by ßook Avalanche)
This series is sooo cute. There isn't much meat to the story so it is very light and fluffy, if you want something to read but don't really want to think too much and you need a happy lift pick up this series.
Kendra
Oct 06, 2008 Kendra rated it liked it
My daughter loved this book and begged for me to read it. Honestly, I don't get why she thought it was so great. It's cute at points, but nothing to rave about. Hmmm... Maybe it's the age difference.
  • Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 01
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 1 (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, #1)
  • Cherry Juice, Vol. 01
  • Kamichama Karin, Vol. 01
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 3: Can a Bad Guy Turn Good? (Shugo Chara!, #3)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 03 (Kitchen Princess, #3)
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 04
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 1 (Magical x Miracle, #1)
  • Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 1
  • Fall in Love Like a Comic! Vol. 1
  • Saint Dragon Girl, Vol. 01
  • Tokyo Mew Mew, Vol. 1 (Tokyo Mew Mew, #1)
  • Cactus's Secret, Vol. 01

Mamotte! Lollipop (7 books)
  • Mamotte! Lollipop, Vol. 02