Start by marking “The Law of Ueki, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
The Law of Ueki, Volume 1

The Law of Ueki, Volume 1 (The Law of Ueki #1)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  146 ratings  ·  17 reviews
A group of powerful beings called tenkaijin are holding a special tournament. The rules of the game--each tenkaijin selects a kid in junior high to be his champion and grants him a special power. The kids take each other on in heated battle, but if they hurt innocent bystanders, then they lose one of their natural-given abilities. Every time they win a battle, they gain a ...more
Published August 8th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Law of Ueki, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Law of Ueki, Volume 1

Dzikrina Ilmanita
Adanya perebutan kursi dewa membuat Ueki harus menerima kemampuan khusus dengan konsekuensi kehilangan satu persatu bakat apabila bakat itu digunakan untuk melukai orang. Akan tetapi, kejahatan yang merajalela dimana-mana memaksa ueki untuk menggunakan kekuatannya terhadap orang jahat tersebut. Dia tau bahwa konsekuensinya adalah kehilangan bakat-bakatnya, termasuk bakat dalam hal yang disukainya yaitu bakat lari. Akan tetapi, demi menolong orang dia tidak takut kehilangan bakat2 itu dan tetap m ...more
Bena Chen
Ueki Kosuke is chosen by Kobayashi into a battle against other candidates to fight for the talent of blank. (The ability to obtain any power) However, Ueki has the most weakest and useless power, the power to change trash into trees. It might be eco-friendly, but it not the most efficient way to take down your enemies. In the process of assisting others, he loses his talents. The depletion of his talents, can allow him to disappear from the face of the earth. Little does he know that his sense o ...more
Fudz
Komik yg satu ini menurutku tergolong unik dari tema cerita.
Yaitu mendukung GO GREEN!,entah secara tidak langsung atau tidak , komikusnya punya inspirasi dari jargon:
REDUCE,RE-USE dan RECYCLE.
Klo aku bnr2 punya kekuatan mengubah sampah menjadi pohon.
Pgnnya membuat jakarta seperti New Zealand. PSi keren!
Pastinya polusi di Jkt akan bekurang, krn banyaknya pohon..
Trus klo ada yng nebang2 pohon?
G usah takut, bikin aja penjara dari pohon alias hutan, kn nantinya di terkurung,tersesat, kelaperan,kecap
Angela
Jun 12, 2008 Angela rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoyed Shaman King, who likes trees, or who is looking for a fun, light read
Shelves: comics
This manga is fast paced, goofy, and hilarious. It's very entertaining!

The art style is loose and appealing. It's not "slick" but instead has a hand-done, slightly rough look that I really enjoy. The story moves along quickly. The style of comedy is very random.

The main character reminds me of Yoh from Shaman King - blase and a bit detached, coasting through life, but willing to get serious when things get tough.

Overall this is a really good, light read.
HaveYouSeenThisGirL Denny
I have watched its anime series when I was in highschool, I liked it a lot. My brother bought all of its volume last month, I didn't have anything to do last night so I decided to read its first volume and it never changed, I still liked it! It's so cool and funny! They still look so young in the manga, nevertheless the story is still the same story I've seen in the anime series. I'm going to start reading the next volumes. :)
E
LOVE THIS BOOK! Ueki is such a strong character and I love all of his friends and foes! The villians in this story arre miraculously drawn and so creative. I love the feeling of always wanting to know what's next and thinking about this book all the time! The art and storyline are both soooo awesome!
Joyzi
Feb 27, 2011 Joyzi marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Fans of Shonen
Recommended to Joyzi by: Recyl
Haven't read the manga but I've watch the anime. This is very similar to Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. I like it because it is funny and action-packed but at the same time it also has a heart and the back stories of the characters are really well done.
Karaoke OK
[Series Length: 16 volumes / Read: volumes 1-7]

(Would you like me to post a short review of this series? Feel free to place a request in my GoodReads InBox. Thanks!)
Wee!wawaLAA!!!
Nov 26, 2008 Wee!wawaLAA!!! is currently reading it
I have also read a preview of this in the Shounen Jump magazine. Yes, I love shounen. Anyways, it was fairly entertaining, so I suppose I'll get into its depth sometime.
Dillon
This is, like, one of the best mangas ever. Fukuchi is a master of humor.

So great. Read it.
Simbahenom
lupa kalo pernah baca ini zaman SMA dulu...kayaknya pernah nonton animenya juga ^^
Biondy
Ceritanya bagus, saya ingin punya "bakat" seperti Ueki XD
sayang gambarnya kurang bagus
Ralph
Aug 28, 2011 Ralph rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Interesting manga. Has a unique plot and some interesting characters.
Ztanley191
Awesome book, great story, funny and sad ending!
Denny7890
loved it, great characters and story line
Daffa Ramajaya
a very good comic
Chloe Tan
Awesome anime!
Joy toroctocon
Joy toroctocon marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
As
As marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Joseph Andrews
Joseph Andrews marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Kegon
Kegon marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Law of Ueki, Volume 2 The Law of Ueki, Volume 4 The Law of Ueki, Volume 3 The Law of Ueki, Volume 5 The Law of Ueki, Volume 6