Start by marking “Dream Gold Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Dream Gold Volume 1

Dream Gold Volume 1

The keys to the city...of gold! In a world where technology and magic fuel the dream of discovering unimaginable riches, the Knights of the Dark City have proven themselves worthy of this challenge. Dream Gold, the ultimate prize, awaits any of the Knights who possess one of the 250 Treasure Keys, but this is no ordinary treasure hunt! After finding the 250th key, Kurorat ...more
Paperback
Published November 30th 2004 by ADV Manga

To ask other readers questions about Dream Gold Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream Gold Volume 1

Anna
Dec 05, 2014 Anna rated it did not like it
If I had seen the goodreads page for this book, I wouldn't have bothered.

I think I mentioned once before that I probably wouldn't ever give a manga or a graphic novel anything less than 2 stars as long as the art was nice enough. But then this book happened . . .

I hated the narration. I HATED it. In a manga, you can totally use the whole "show, don't tell" thing to your advantage, and if you don't, you have no excuse. If you can literally give the reader a picture of what is going on, you shoul
Mike
Oct 10, 2012 Mike rated it it was ok
The first chapter of Dream Gold is interesting, if not amazing. Dark City is renown for a single rumor: being home to the ultimate treasure called Dream Gold. Treasure hunting hopefuls finding one of 250 treasure keys will join the Knights organization and possibly gain a line on the legendary prize. And Kuro and his partner Katana have a lead on the final key...

The premise and setup of the first chapter fall flat immediately in the second chapter and throughout the rest of the volume. Though th
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
In this volume, the main characters join a group in which each individual is dedicated to finding a mysterious treasure hidden somewhere in the city. While this one wasn't necessarily bad, it didn't grab me at all. I have no interest in reading any other volumes of the series. Something about it reminded me a little of GetBackers, only the characters in GetBackers are more interesting.

(Originally posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)
Cole
Cole rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2012
Aorta
Aorta rated it did not like it
Jan 29, 2008
Autumn
Autumn rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Hours
Hours rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2012
Tmmercury
Tmmercury rated it did not like it
Dec 11, 2012
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Feilin
Feilin rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2013
Lou Rocama
Lou Rocama rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2012
NocturnalRavings(Jodie)
Jan 01, 2012 NocturnalRavings(Jodie) rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Art was confusing and much of it just didn't make sense.
Ash
Ash rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Dominic Grijalva
Dominic Grijalva rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2012
Jonathan Culver
Jonathan Culver rated it it was ok
Mar 07, 2012
Patrice
Patrice rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2008
Merrow
Merrow added it
Sep 02, 2007
yeoz
yeoz added it
Sep 25, 2007
Edith
Edith marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2010
Aerin Ravage
Aerin Ravage is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2012