Start by marking “Reflections: A Love Story Part 1” as Want to Read:
Reflections: A Love Story Part 1

Reflections: A Love Story Part 1

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." -Ernest Hemingway

"Love doesn't know distance, neither in hours or miles, nor in life or death"

Losing his wife was only the beginning. Getting her back from the hands of death meant losing himself. This is a book about a man who loved, who made choices, and who was brave enough to stand by the
Kindle Edition, Third Edition, 104 pages
Published February 26th 2013 by Dennis Waller

To ask other readers questions about Reflections, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reflections

Susan Day
Oct 19, 2014 Susan Day rated it it was amazing
This is a very insightful and interesting story. Waller begins his tale at the end where we meet Robert being interviewed by a young journalist. He relates a story about a man who meets a woman and their immediate spiritual and physical connection.

We follow the lovers’ path that takes them on a roller coaster ride of ecstasy and despair. Marriage and their lifelong commitment to each other does not end their love nor does death. They share a ‘dom soul’ or are soul mates.

I think this quote sums
Julia
Sep 24, 2013 Julia rated it it was amazing
That life is under our control is an illusion -- that’s what Daniel, the main character of this beautifully-written and poetic novella, believes as he faces the grim task of attending his wife’s funeral. Dennis Waller describes Daniel at that moment as “drowning in despair, he wanted to run, just get out of there and not face the yawning emptiness that awaited him.” Daniel feels defeated, and “behind every defeated man is a frustrated love” – what a powerful idea.

The first few pages show us Dani
Christoph Fischer
Oct 08, 2013 Christoph Fischer rated it it was amazing
I bought "Reflections" by Dennis Waller because of his great non-fiction work, some of which has found its way into this beautifully written love story.

The book begins with a funeral that oozes with sadness and the love of the man left behind. The deep loss, the intensity of emotions and the despair drip from the page and reading it made me feel the pain, so realistic and engaging is Waller's writing.

The narrative then turns to an interview with a successful writer in 2055, 40 years after the ma
Solana
Nov 29, 2013 Solana rated it it was amazing
I was quite surprised by all the unexpected twists and turns I was led through while reading the book. The first part was heart-wrenching, as it touched upon memories of my own deep loss. It brought me into a place of deep connection with the couple in the story. So much of the story is filled with such a deep love, a love that, perhaps few have really experienced in their life.

Then the book takes quite an expected turn into a place of deep wisdom and mystery that comes from the eastern traditi
Dmitriy Kharitonov
Dmitriy Kharitonov rated it did not like it
Oct 16, 2014
Kathy
Kathy rated it did not like it
Apr 20, 2015
grumpyoldbird
grumpyoldbird marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Michelle Brown
Michelle Brown marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Jimena
Jimena marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016