Start by marking “Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #3)

Escaping Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #3)

4.42  ·  Rating Details ·  9,661 Ratings  ·  684 Reviews
I thought things couldn't get worse. I was wrong.

I found out what I really wanted and was forced to give him up. Just as I found out who I really am, I was presented to the elusive Horde King as a gift.

This was the mystical being I was hidden from for more than twenty years.

Although Ryder promised to save me, I couldn't let him get near this creature, so I willingly (sor
ebook, First
Published February 17th 2014 by Amelia Hutchins (first published February 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Escaping Destiny, please sign up.

Prashansa Singh
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Fighting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsTaunting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningShadowfever by Karen Marie MoningBloodfever by Karen Marie Moning
Fae & Elven Romance/Urban Fantasy
8th out of 298 books — 473 voters
Fighting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsTaunting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsLover Awakened by J.R. WardA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Best Adult Paranormal Books
7th out of 811 books — 635 voters

More lists with this book...

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Re-read: 22.10.14
Third re-read: 26.04.15.
"To find the goal, you must concentrate, for within these walls there is one at stake. Which path would you prefer to take? Death, or life, the choice is yours, but keep in mind, even immortals can make mistakes."

*Might contain spoilers*
Holy shit, this book was perfect! Seriously, it couldn't be more perfect, if you asked me.

"Take the path for which you seek, but keep in mind, not all will take you to what you need. Illusions abound, tempt and dece
Sammy Loves Books
Ryder is my Official Summer Book Boyfriend!!!
I LOVE HIM XOXO

“It may be between your legs, Pet, but make no mistake, this belongs to me. Understand?”

Ryder

boat Ryder

Ryder is a man Obsessed!! Or should I say, an Obsessed Fairy. He can't get enough of Synthia. He has manipulated, tortured people, and killed, just to have her in his bed. But Destiny has other plans for Synthia. She is meant to be the Bride of the all powerful Horde King!!

The Horde King
d

The world of Fairy is dying and Ryder has been trying to sa
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
4 Look Inside The Beast Stars!!!

Every beauty needed a beast, and he was mine.

The 3rd installment in The Fae Chronicles, was hot, action packed and chocka-blocked full of my favourite fairy Ryder! After the mother of all cliffys at the end of Taunting Destiny I was in a state of near panic! The first couple of pages into Escaping Destiny and I was swearing like a sailor and just about to start balling like a baby!!! This was quite possibly the best intro I have ever read!

A lot of issues are
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Wee Little Beasties Stars

*Spoilers*

photo MyGodThatsAmazing_zpsu8en0p1l.gif

This book was Amazing!!!! So the book starts right were Taunting Destiny left off Syn is being gifted to the Horde King. She is trapped no way out and worried that Ryder will get himself killed trying to save her from the Horde King. Things are looking really bad for Syn!

photo shocked_happy_zpsgyirx6e6.gif

Holy Plot twist batman!!! (view spoiler) I so didn't see that shit coming! It's 5% into the damn book and I am floored! And the
Patrycja

Release Date: February 16th , 2014
Rating: 4.5 stars
Cliffhanger:. Yes
HEA: (view spoiler)

Escaping Destiny was third book I’ve read by Amelia Hutchins and for the third time I fell in love with her storytelling. She like no other author of paranormal romance can make my heart beat so, so fast and my panties to magically melt off of me.

I adore how awesome her books are! Not only do I love the sexiness
Jamie
11/18/2018-- Finished my re-read!!! moving on to number 4! This is still an amazing 5 star series...

Amazing.. brilliant...beautiful... magical....sexy..... I could go on an on.. This series is just all consuming. I've been sucked into the world of fairy and I don't want to leave. The layers keep building and the surprises keep coming. We've not slowed down from page one of book one and each one gets better and better. I'm in awe of Amelia Hutchins ability to weave such detailed and imaginativ
Ivie ✩Born to Magic-Forced to Muggle✩
Whoa... This novel surprised me, and as you can see by the score, not in a good way.

I have waited for this book like an alchie for happy hour. Wanted, no needed the next Hutchins novel! In just a few books this woman gave me whiplash with her plot twists, made me grind my teeth with the action and burned my retinas with her sensuality. She got an insta-fan!

Prior to this we left off with Syn being at the clutches of the Horde King the meanest, baddest guy around. I know, right???? And now we ha
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 10, 2014 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it
”Every beauty needed a beast, and he was mine.”

I was anxiously awaiting this third installment in The Fae Chronicles because the last book left me frantic to find out what would happen to Syn with The Horde King. By 11 percent, all was well in my world and I was more than happy with the direction the author brought the story. Truthfully, from this point on the excitement kinda waned for me.

Syn is with the Horde King, pregnant and concubined. She spends a lot of time with my favorite Demon. She
Sheridan
May 01, 2014 Sheridan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
I already know this is going to be an awesome book.

Getting ready in advance...
Zakirrah BookBlogger
4.5-5 Fukin Fairy Loving Stars!!

What can I say? Bravo Amelia Hutchins you have done it again! This is book 3 of the Fae chronicles and what a brilliant book it is. This series has me hooked.Yes, Yes I am a addict and I regret nothing!The complex characters, the storyline, the twists, the connection, hotness and much more..this book has it all! Once you start it you just can't help it, you crave more and more. So yeah each time we have to wait for the next book to be released?..yeah that is just
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 Beauty & Beast Stars

Every beauty needed a beast and he was mine.

description

Against all odds, or just following their destinies Ryder and his Syn are still fighting enemies, unraveling mysteries and unburying secrets. Passionate and hotter than ever, they are going through hell and back to save a couple of worlds, satisfy cryptic Goddesses and undo past mistakes.

So many feelings, so much in love with this FUCKING FANTASTIC SERIES!

description

But now the waiting for the next begins and my heart is breaking...

Side-
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
It's Live!!!!

4 - Fuckin Fairy! - Stars

AGHHHHHH!!! SQUEAL!!! Synthia and Ryder!! Love them together!!! A few new developments have occurred since our last book and let me tell you I think it was written out brilliantly! I really like the direction this story is taking.

At the end of the last book I was scared for what was to come in this book…We left off the last book with Synthia being sent to the Horde as the payment for her brother Liam.

aghhhhhh photo tumblr_inline_mkk6e1rAPy1raaalo_zps697853f1.gif

But luckily Ry
Dia
Jun 19, 2014 Dia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh oh oh myyyy.... It has a COVER!!!

photo beckyexcitdjumping_zps3dd2d099.gif

and I LOVE it!

photo tumblr_m9mrm7Azia1rnj99k_zps6b79337a.gif

release date: end of February??

photo tumblr_meuws8GVsE1rbz63n_zps808a4460.gif

waiting... anxiously... waiting...
 photo When-you-see-the-dessert-someone-else-ordered-at-a-restaurant_zps28b4931d.gif
Plamena
Feb 19, 2014 Plamena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 ++++++++++++++++ STARS !!!

“Every beauty needed a beast, and he was mine.”

OMG…This is one of the most interesting stories I have ever read! These three books are amazing. Every single one of them! I am so glad I started this series…turns out they became one of my absolute favorite.

So…Syn is presented as a gift to the Horde King. Well...not exactly as a gift but close enough (there is a contract and everything). She has no choice but to go to him with the only hope that her ‘Prince Charming’
AJ
Apr 02, 2014 AJ rated it really liked it
“You have to trust what you are, and what you want the most, to find who you truly are.”

Wow!

I admit, I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this series. Aspects of the previous books have annoyed me, and I have a few issues with the writing, but the story is just so damn addictive! And things take a huge twist in this book, and it all starts to become just a little bit awesome!

This book picks up immediately after the ending of Taunting Destiny, continuing to build the tension from wher
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
Syn was taken by the Horde King to fulfill the contract. She's trying to do her part but all she wants is Ryder. He said to look for him but where is he?

I'm still really enjoying Syn and Ryder. Every time I get frustrated by Syn, especially when she gets whiny, I just try to remember how young she is and everything she's gone through. Ryder can be infuriating too especially with some of the things he says to Syn. But then we get his POV and I love hearing what all he feels for Syn.

Believe it or
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Aug 31, 2016 Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads rated it it was amazing
WOW ...

I'm trying to think of what I can say.

I'm just ...

**takes deep breaths**

I've been reading this series for a couple days. I have lived and breathed these characters. I couldn't do ANYTHING but read once I started.

Moving was painful.
Having to attend to life was just not doable.

I became addicted.

I was completely CONSUMED, taken in every sense of the word. I literately walked around with some sort of reading device in my hands for THREE DAYS. One was always being charged. I rotated them
Tate
Feb 17, 2014 Tate rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-cravings
this was a ride...

then when I thought....

image:

I need next book!!!!like yesterday!!!

image:

yep... my emotions are all over the place...
Vieira
Still soooo good the second time around. Damn the next book needs to come out now!!!!! Please Amelia I'm begging you!

OH MY GOD!!!!!! THIS IS ONE OF THE GREATEST PARANORMAL-FANTASY SERIES I HAVE EVER READ. I AM TELLING YOU PEOPLE IF YOU HAVEN'T STARTED GO GO GO!! THIS IS ANOTHER PERFECT INSTALLMENT. IT'S FUNNY, SEXY AND THERES A LOT OF ACTION. I WASN'T BORED ONCE. THERE WEREN'T THINGS THAT WENT OVER MY HEARD. AND THE SPICY SCENES WITH RYDER AND SYN....SMOKIN HOT...SCORCHING...SIZZELING!! I CAN'T
Wanderlust
I was so excited about this book coming out, I had read the two previous books in the series within a day and was gutted when I found I had to wait months for the next one. I wish there was a way to fast forward authors sometimes ^_^ I bought the book as soon as i knew it was live (thanks Ristan Cúchulainn for letting me know!) and it took me a couple of hours to read it.
Did I love this book as much as the last two? No, sadly I didn't but I did enjoy it, a lot.
I do not really have a review for
Nikki Nik
Feb 16, 2014 Nikki Nik rated it it was amazing
description
I wanted to take a star off for the story moving bit slowly (in terms of Syn and Ryder's relationship), or for the many times I wanted to punch Ryder in his face for (view spoiler), but in the end I couldn't because I ENJOYED THE HELL out of this book. It just worked for me on so many levels.

So, like the addict I am, I sat all day refreshing Amazon waiting for the book to show up. When I finally got it....it took me about 4 hours
Lia Park
"I still have choices. Embracing what destiny has planned for me, or escaping it!"

I was sure that the third book would be the best book. 4.5 stars this time!
The plot was as expected mindblowing and the characters grew on me even more. I feel like I am already having a book hangover. I can't take the world that Mrs. Hutchins created out of my mind; I even dreamt about it last night because I was so into the book.
She is great at describing emotions and feelings and of course the amazing scene
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
"Every beauty needed a beast, and he was mine."

Oh damn, how I love this series!!!

In the last book, Synthia has been given to the Horde King and then ends with a huge cliffy, leaving us wondering where the hell Ryder was and what's going to happen. To say this book was highly anticipated was an understatement. I couldn't even wait.

This books was good, really really good. But to me it felt a little filterish to prepare us for the awesomeness of the next book. Not the whole book, there were mor
Alp
2.75/5

Alright, I have to say I was very intrigued by this series and went into the third book with high expectations, considering the high ratings it has gotten. Sadly, it didn't turn out quite the way I thought it would be. The story came nowhere close to my expectations!

There were just too many things happening in a short period of time that I felt like I was struggling to deal with 'data overload'. Furthermore, the sex scenes were too long and repetitive that I had to skim through some pages,
Jess
Mar 28, 2014 Jess rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fantasy and Paranormal Romance Fans
Recommended to Jess by: I found it through my GR friends reviews
Freaking LOVED this book! My life STOPPED while I was reading this! GAH! so effing good!

It kept me on the edge of a cliff the whole time and it was like I kept losing my footing more and more until finally at the end I could feel myself become more stable and stand up properly and truly believe everything is going to be okay.

Now... The next book isn't out yet and I am falling apart right now trying to come to grips with WHAT THE HELL I AM GOING TO DO UNTIL IT DOES COME OUT!!!! and the thing th
Shannon
Feb 17, 2014 Shannon rated it it was amazing
I just wanted to say the best 2014 book for me!!
Gitte & Jenny - TotallyBookedBlog
Mar 24, 2014 Gitte & Jenny - TotallyBookedBlog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
description

Jenny: We had been itching to get back to these books since reading and LOVING Fighting Destiny (Book #1) last month and after feeling a bit down after reading some pretty sad books we needed a lift so we headed back in to read Taunting Destiny and bloody hell! Talk about kick starting the book heart! I was bloody addicted, consumed, obsessed, fanatical…you name it. This was pure escapism at it’s very best! I. Could. Not. Put. It Down!! So much so, we both agreed we had to go straight into Escap
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Feb 23, 2014 CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD rated it it was amazing
The story picks up where it ended in the 2nd book where she was being gifted to the Horde King! And it seems she really had no choice but to go with him... plus she could not risk Ryder getting killed. But just when you thought her faith is sealed... comes a revelation!!!! The surprises just keeps getting better and better!!!!

My new favourite couple's saga continues in this 3rd chronicle.... their fight to save the Fae's continues... while Syn fights for what she wants. Ryder's secrets are reve
Yiota Misiou
Feb 29, 2016 Yiota Misiou rated it it was amazing
Αυτή η σειρά είναι εθιστική!!!
Έχω ξετρελαθεί. Η μία αποκάλυψη μετά την άλλη. Αγωνία, δράση και μυστικά. Οι μάσκες πέφτουν, αλλά τίποτα δεν έχει ακόμα κριθεί.
Αποδέχονται οι ήρωες μας την ταυτότητά τους και τον ρόλο τους, όμως το πιο σημαντικό είναι πως αποδέχονται τα συναισθήματά τους!
Μαζί πια, δύο δυνατοί, χαρισματκοί πολεμιστές και σαν δύο ισάξια άτομα θα αντιμετωπίσουν την επόμενη απειλή.
Ο κόσμος τους πεθαίνει και πρέπει να πολεμήσουν για να σωθεί.
Discuss the book here! Spoilers allowed. 56 200 Apr 11, 2014 11:50AM
  • The Bite That Binds (Deep In Your Veins, #2)
  • King Cave (Forever Evermore, #2)
  • Ties That Bind (The Bellum Sisters, #3)
  • The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2)
  • Blood Politics (Blood Destiny, #4)
  • The Dark Prince (Dark Light, #2)
  • Beast (A Faery Story, #2)
  • The Two Kings (Afterlife Saga #2)
  • Breathing Fire (Heretic Daughters #1)
  • Vampire Elite (Vampire Elite, #1)
  • On a Razor's Edge (Darkness, #3)
  • King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3)
Amelia lives in the great Pacific Northwest with her family. When not writing, she loves everything paranormal and everything romance.
The Fae Chronicles is Amelia's debut series, and there are at least five books planned for Synthia and Ryder.
Reading order:

The Elite Guards of the Fae Chronicles
A Dark Demon's Embrace

Other series:
D
More about Amelia Hutchins...

The Fae Chronicles (5 books)
  • Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1)
  • Taunting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #2)
  • Seducing Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #4)
  • Unraveling Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #5)

“I'm the fucking Horde King, I don't woo."
"Woo her," Ristan continues.
"I don't woo."
"Woo," he repeats.
"I'm not the kind of man to woo anyone. I can make her scream my name to the rafters, isn't that enough wooing?"
"Woo," Ristan smirks, which only served to irritate me more.
"Woo," I grind out on an exhale.
"Yes, woo," he says, already turning to walk away. I watch his shoulders quake with laughter.
"Woo," I growl.
"Woo!" He says over his shaking shoulders.
"Fuck me," I shake my head.
"No thanks, not my type...”
52 likes
“I’m not the kind of man to woo anyone. I can make her scream my name to the rafters, isn’t that enough wooing?” 23 likes