Start by marking “You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah!” as Want to Read:
You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah!

You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah!

Stacy Friedman is getting ready for one of the most important events of her young life--her bat mitzvah! All she wants is the perfect BCBG dress to wear, her friends by her side, and her biggest crush ever, Andy Goldfarb, to dance with her (and maybe even make out with her on the dance floor). But Stacy's well-laid plans soon start to fall apart..Her stressed-out mother fo
Published April 1st 2007 by Hyperion Books for Children (first published September 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah!

The Truth About My Bat Mitzvah by Nora Raleigh BaskinMy Basmati Bat Mitzvah by Paula J. Freedman13 by Jason Robert BrownSons of the 613 by Michael RubensAre You Alone on Purpose? by Nancy Werlin
Bar/Bat Mitzvah Fiction
6th out of 19 books — 5 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenHarry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. RowlingGone by Michael  GrantEast by Edith PattouMy Life in Pink & Green by Lisa Greenwald
Books Worth Reading for teens
47th out of 110 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Mumbojumbo Kumumjo
Jun 12, 2009 Mumbojumbo Kumumjo rated it really liked it
Can't wait Maisonians aunt is the author!!!
Zelie Pipitone
Dec 04, 2016 Zelie Pipitone rated it really liked it
The book, You are not so invited to My Bat Mitzvah by Fiona Rosenbloom was a funny book. The main character, Stacy Friedman is having a Bat Mitzvah. She is so thrilled and amazed about this amazing event. She wants the perfect outfit, the perfect hair, the perfect friends to stand by next to her and her crush to dance with her. Except the only problem is that Stacy's mom makes her buy an ugly dress that makes her look weird. Then suddenly, she has a social crisis " You are not so invited to my ...more
Sarah Azaria
Sep 29, 2016 Sarah Azaria rated it really liked it
This book is HILARIOUS! I could not drop it! The main character is great. I think that the plot could have been structured a little bit better, but all the characters had great personalities and you can really connect with them. They make you feel like you are in the story as well. I think that Fiona Rosenbloom did a great job writing this book.
Eliana S.
Oct 11, 2012 Eliana S. rated it it was amazing
You are SO not INVITED to my BAT MITZVAH! By: Fiona Rosenbloom
Is a juicy read about Stacy Friedman, an almost-thirteen year old about to be bat mitzvahed, and all the drama that goes along with it. Stacy is head over heels for Andy Goldfarb, but suddenly loses the feeling. She declares she is over him. Lydia, Stacy's BFF, hears that she is over Andy, and starts up something herself. Dante, an Italian boy who goes to school with Stacy, starts acting unusual around Stacy, which makes her start to
Charlotte
Oct 29, 2010 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
Have you ever been in a huge argument and decided you weren’t going to be friends with your best friend? What if that happened right before one of the most important days of your life? Well, Stacy has experienced this. This book was about a girl named Stacy who had relationship problems with her friend Lydia. Stacy is a nice girl, but is not popular. She has a brother named Arthur and her parents are divorced. Lydia and Stacy get in a fight over a boy and “un-friend” each other right before ...more
Ann
Aug 26, 2009 Ann rated it it was ok
Ages 9+ ("hell", boycrushing)

Seventh grader Stacey Friedman is super excited about her upcoming Bar Mitzvah. If only her mom would let her wear the designer halter dress she wants. If only her dad weren't dating a plastic bimbo. If only her ten year old brother would lose some weight and stop getting beat up. And most importantly - if ONLY she had a boyfriend. In her sights: thugga wannabe Andy "G-Farb" Goldfarb. But when she catches Andy and her bff Lydia kissing, the perfect bat mitzvah looks
YALibrarian
Very few YA books are brave enough to tackle the drama and often emotionally deep religious rites of passage some teens must go through, and even fewer do it with sassy, smart, comedic Jewish heroines. Stacy Friedman is a reasonably likeable and potentially relatable main character. She and her friends suffer from typical girl drama—who is popular enough to be ‘cool’, having competing crushes on boys, and selecting sexy outfits that make it past their moms. However, the real story is in Stacy’s ...more
Karen Wu
Dec 22, 2010 Karen Wu rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 8th-grade
Christina
Nov 20, 2012 Christina rated it it was ok
This book was about a 13 year old girl struggling to plan for her Bat Mitzvah.

Most of the time, I could understand today's teen language. However, I totally couldn't understand the beginning of chapter 32. I guess the author was trying to integrate current teen language (or slang) into this book. I don't even know if a teen reading this book would even understand the beginning of chapter 32.

Cute book, but I am sure there are better books for teen girls who want to read about other teen girls s
Elizabeth Biernacki
Oct 22, 2012 Elizabeth Biernacki rated it it was amazing
Personally this has become one of my new favorite books. This book is filled with teen drama that most of us in seventh grade can relate to. I loved the fact that this was more about friendship than anything else because friendship is important. The story is just funny, uosetting, then happy, ect. There were many different moods that the author used in the book that really made it appealing to the readers. If there was anything that I had to complain about it would be NOTHING! That's a lot for a ...more
Serena
Apr 13, 2016 Serena rated it really liked it
'You Are So Not Invited To My Bat Mitzvah!' is a juicy tale filled with romance, drama, and discovering yourself. It centers around Stacy Friedman, a 13 year old girl who aspires to have the perfect Bat Mitzvah. But when her BFF kisses her crush, Andy Goldfarb, things turn for the worst. Her friends backstab her, her brother's a weird kid who gets bullied, and her dads dating a bimbo.

But when her rabbi gives her an assignment to do 3 good deeds, she takes action. Will she turn everything around
Lacey Baer
You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah was one of the best books I have ever read. This book was about a girl named Stacey and she is having her bat Mitzvah soon and she wants everything to be perfect. But everything doesn't go exactly the way she wants it to. The whole book is about Stacey and how she changes through out the book. I can connect to this book because this year is when I'm having my bat mitzvah and I want everything to be perfect. This book is for people who are in middle school ...more
Sep 23, 2007 Laura rated it liked it
The title kind of captures it all, and if you had a bat mitzvah, this book is rather frighteningly accurate -- the worrying about whether you'll look good enough to impress your crush, the competition with other girls about which boy likes you, the parents acting like they're planning for a White House state dinner, etc. On the whole, not a bad YA book -- I read it in about an hour and a half while I was waiting for my husband to get out of surgery (I read a bound galley, which is why my "date I ...more
D'andra Conyers
The book, You are so not invited to my bat mitzvah is a great book about drama friendship, and some relationships. It is a great book for teenagers because the girl in the book it now becoming a teenager. She is having teenage drama just like every other teenager alive. But don’t confuse it for an ordinary book, I would recommend this book to my friend. I got this book recommended to me by a friend and now someone else can read this great book as well. It is absolutely worth your time to read!
Alyse Liebovich
Apr 22, 2012 Alyse Liebovich rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-lit
I started off reading this on a Sunday morning and finished it two hours later. The language cracked me up and I found myself wishing I had written this book during my own bat-mitzvah season 16 years ago. The chapter titles alone made me giggle. There's not a whole lot to the story beyond a typical best-friend breakup over a boy, but it's a lighthearted easy read, and I really enjoyed the characters, the humor and the Jewish references.
7703isabel
Mar 01, 2013 7703isabel rated it really liked it
This book was good. It had a lot of drama in it and it really hooked me. This book is about a girl Stacy who is about to have her Bat Mitzvah. Stacey's main goal in life right now is to become more popular and be the first out of her friends to get her first kiss but when her and one of her best friends get in a terrible fight she doesn't know what to except UN invite her to her Bat Mitzvah. This book was funny and dramatic it's about friend troubles and trying to fit in.
Lesley
Jun 03, 2010 Lesley rated it it was ok
Cute but not particularly deep, this verges into "Are You There God?" territory with Stacy's periodic missives to the Higher Power. The usual teen angst provokers: boyfriends, girlfriends, parental obtuseness, coalesce around the heroine's bat mitzvah, as she finally figures out (in the middle of her ceremony no less) what being an adult truly means.
Gumby
Jan 21, 2013 Gumby rated it really liked it
Shelves: pre-high-school
Technically my rating would be 3.5-- but goodreads doesn't have that...I have to say, I laughed out loud when I saw the title, proceeded to look at the back, saw that all she wanted was the perfect BCBG dress, and realized that that was where I got my dress for my bat-mitzvah. It was a quick and fairly easy read, but fun anyhow.
Alisa
Jan 19, 2013 Alisa rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
This books target audience is definitely between the ages of upper elementary to middle school. Not for kids in high school. I read it for the heck of it, also I realized that I read this book when I was younger halfway through. So cliche, so practically fake and stereotypical...but it's an amusing book.
Jenny
Apr 25, 2011 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: teen, realistic
Stacy Friedman is looking forward to the perfect bat mitzvah, with a cool dress, her friends, and her crush Andy Goldfarb kissing her her first kiss on the dance floor. Instead, her best friend steals Andy, her mom buys the ugliest dres imaginable, and she has 3 mitzvahs to perform. This will be the worst bat mitzvah ever!
Courtney Johnson
Jan 21, 2016 Courtney Johnson rated it it was ok
I guess I've had this book on my to read list for a long time. When I started reading it, it felt really juvenile and I wasn't really into it. I thought everything she did was appropriate for her age group (12) but I just didn't really find myself enjoying this book a whole lot.
Elizabeth
Jun 23, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was ok
I don't remember being particularly impressed with the book when I read it for a book report project in the eighth grade. The only impact this book had on me was an enduring love for BCBG Max Azria...
Lauren W.
Apr 15, 2010 Lauren W. rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was very different from many books i have read. i think it was funny, realistic and girly. i liked how it is one of few books about bat mitzvahs. you can tell by the title that it is a funny book.
Sara
May 10, 2012 Sara rated it liked it
This was a fun little book that was entertaining and easy to read. The main character can be a little annoying because of her extreme lack of maturity, but the book is well-written and the younger brother adds some needed humor. There is a good message included and a happy ending.
Samantha
Jan 19, 2011 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 8th-grade
I thought this book wa great to see how Stacy Friedman changes from a child to an adult on her bat mitzvah. But also she completed all her mitzvahs and sees that you need to sacfrifice And you don't always need a reward. I loved it and I would recommend this book.
Michelle
Aug 11, 2010 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. The story line is something I have not read before. So, it was intresting to read the book and learn about diffrent things that I did not know.

I would recommed this book to young adult readers, because this is a young adult book.
Elaine
Jul 21, 2012 Elaine rated it liked it
Sorta age appropriate writing...a little on the "datey" side and mean girls, but I guess that is 13 now
Tweller83
Jun 18, 2009 Tweller83 rated it really liked it
Funny, good book. Learned a little about the Jewish faith. More than that, the book was about friendship.
Clickety
Jul 03, 2010 Clickety rated it liked it
Shelves: library, ya, fiction, drama
Thoroughly predictable, but still fairly fun. Didn't really like the POV character, but she's what, twelve? Fair enough. Andy Goldfarb was just... WEIRD.
Rochelle
May 23, 2011 Rochelle rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was very intresting!!... I also think it could realte to many !2 years olds or 13 year olds! The text was very clear and I guess you could say suspensful!! Great Book!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Backstage Pass
  • Queen Geeks In Love
  • Popular Vote
  • Like a Thorn
  • Beanball
  • Frost Bites (Edgar & Ellen Nodyssey, #2)
  • Sylvia and Ted
  • Nodame Cantabile, Vol. 12 (Nodame Cantabile, #12)
  • In the Space Left Behind
  • Queen of Secrets
  • Hidden
  • Roommates
  • Tenderwire
  • TruLeigh (Vivien Leigh Reid #1)
  • The Eggnog Chronicles
  • Everything She Wants (The 310, #2)
  • Kidnapped: His Innocent Mistress
  • Girls Dinner Club
Hi. I’m Fiona and I’ve written two books that should be displayed up and to your right. No, your other right. There you go. They’re books for Young Adults and I enjoyed writing them both and wonder if I’ll ever return to Stacy Adelaide Friedman, Lydia Katz, and Kelly Mooreland.
More about Fiona Rosenbloom...