Start by marking “Nobody But Him (Boys of Summer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nobody But Him (Boys of Summer, #1)

Nobody But Him (Boys of Summer #1)

At the age of eighteen, Julia Jones left her hometown — the small beachside town of Middle Point — with a head full of grand plans. Plans for an exciting life in a town that didn’t involve a main street with one pub or a particular boy named Ryan Blackburn.

But after fifteen years and a lifetime later, Julia’s forced to put her career and big-city life on hold when she retu
Published October 1st 2013 by Harlequin Enterprises Australia

To ask other readers questions about Nobody But Him, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nobody But Him

Blame It On The Brontes by Becky LowerRiptide by Amber Lea EastonHoliday Affair by Annie SeatonItalian Affair by Annie SeatonTangling with the CEO by Annie Seaton
COASTAL ROMANCE
41st out of 82 books — 278 voters
The Girl in Steel-Capped Boots by Loretta HillThe Rouseabout by Rachael TreasureJillaroo by Rachael TreasureThe Road Home by Fiona PalmerJilted by Rachael Johns
Australian Rural Fiction
55th out of 138 books — 83 voters

More lists with this book...

Sharon
Jan 16, 2016 Sharon rated it really liked it
With the passing of her mother Julia Jones returns to her childhood home in Middle Point. Julia knows she has to sell the house and although she has been away from the area for fifteen years she still feels a strong connection to the place.

The last person Julia ever imagined running into whilst helping out her friend Lizzie on a Saturday night at the local pub was Ryan Blackburn. Julia knows the best thing to do is to stay as far away from Ryan as possible, but it appears this may not be as easy
Brenda
After a tumultuous few months with a gorgeous twenty-year-old by the name of Ryan Blackburn, Julia Jones decided to leave her home town of Middle Point, on the south coast not too far from South Australia’s capital city of Adelaide. She had plans for a big future; a career which would turn her into somebody – she knew if she stayed in Middle Point she would never amount to anything. So despite her longing for a future with Ryan, plus leaving her mother behind, she headed to the big smoke of Melb ...more
Rachael Johns
Such a fun and sexy read! Can't wait for the next Boys of Summer book :)
Doris
Langsam aber sicher werd ich ein Fan von australischer ConRom :)

Middle Point ist eine dieser Küstenkleinstädte, in die die wohlhabenden Städter kommen, um den Sommer am Strand zu genießen und aus denen die Jugendlichen abwandern, um ihr Glück in der Großstadt zu versuchen. Auch Julia Jones ist eine von ihnen. Mit 18, kurz nach dem Unfalltod ihres Vaters, kehrt sie ihrer Heimatstadt den Rücken, um in Melbourne zu studieren und um insgeheim nicht so wie ihre Mutter zu enden. Mit ihrer Abreise b
Paula  Phillips
Nov 24, 2013 Paula Phillips rated it really liked it
In small towns of Australia, there are two types of people - people who come and go and those who decide to stay there for the rest of their lives and grow old happily living in the same place. For Julia Jones, she decided that she was destined for bigger and brighter things so when she turned eighteen- that was that and she high-tailed out of town leaving behind her mother and her at the time love Ryan Blackburn and never looked back. Now fifteen years later, Julia's mother has died which has ...more
Sally906
Oct 01, 2013 Sally906 rated it really liked it
NOBODY BUT HIM is a debut novel and the first of the ‘Boys of Summer’ trilogy; it is quite a feather in a debut authors cap to be signed up for 3 books before the first one even hits the shelves! It took me a chapter or two to settle into the story – but when I did I loved it. Set in a fictional town on the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsular in South Australia I am familiar with area having holidayed there myself, although I was there for the wine rather than the surf!

In winter the small coastal town
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

As a beach bunny from way back the idea of coastal romance (as opposed to rural romance) has a lot of appeal and if Victoria Purman's debut novel, Nobody But Him, is an example of what we can expect from the genre, I am sure more will be added to my burgeoning reading list in short order.

This is the first book in Purman's The Boys of Summer trilogy, a sweet and sexy romance set in a small fictional town on the coastline of South Australia’s Fleurieu Peninsula.
Julia Jones left Middle Point at eig
Sam Still Reading
Oct 05, 2013 Sam Still Reading rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of well written contemporary romance
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: ARC from publisher - thank you!
I first heard about this book at the Romance Writers of Australia conference earlier this year as Harlequin were running through some of their upcoming books. Nobody But Him was billed as a ‘coastal romance’ (immediately shortened to ‘co-ro’), a new subgenre to take on rural romance. I immediately scribbled down the details in my notebook (and tweeted, just in case) to check this one out. Luckily, a copy arrived shortly after at the local post office, being labelled as ‘2 big 4 postie’.

Yep Posti
Steve
Jan 12, 2015 Steve rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I quite enjoyed this romance, but the book threw me for a loop with some of the plot twists, so I would have to say there were three or four times where I found the plot twist telegraphed, or so completely obvious. Watching the romance unfold was rather interesting, which sometimes led to "No, but that's not ... oh come on, don't be ...". I think I am looking forward to reading more by this author.
Kellie Mackrell
Apr 21, 2015 Kellie Mackrell rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book, the only disappointment was that there is another book and I don't have it. This was a great read and kept me enthralled from start to finish. I hope the next book is just as good.
Karen
Mar 04, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
Recommended to Karen by: Sheree
The majority of my reading these days is on my Kindle. Its for this reason that I'm a little slow in getting to read Nobody But Him. A good friend loaned me her paperback copy a few months ago and it has been sitting on my bedside table waiting for me to pick it up. Once I picked it up I found it hard to put down.

I loved the feel of the little coastal town of Middle Point and Victoria Purman made me feel like I was there. A few recent books I've read that were set in Australia, still had a very
Anne
Apr 10, 2014 Anne rated it it was amazing
First let me say I rarely read a romantic novel so when I was given this book I was surprised and put it aside for a quite awhile but looking for something light hearted to read thought I would give it a go.

I can't believe this is Victoria Purman's first book, it is just so very well written. It only took a couple of chapters until I was fully engrossed in the story, possibly reminding me of my long lost first love who knows? but I could connect to JJ very easily and being from a reasonably smal
Bettina
Jan 19, 2015 Bettina rated it really liked it
First book I've read by this author and I really enjoyed the characters and the setting of Middle Point. I've been to the Victor Harbour area many times as a kid. The only negative I had about the book was the way Melbourne was portrayed, especially in the first half of the book. I just felt that for people who've never been there before would get the wrong impression of just how much of a beautiful city it really is. Why else has it won the most liveable city in the world numerous times? It's n ...more
Amanda
Oct 02, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, the setting was really vivid and made me feel like I was there! I love the fact that this is a small town romance set in Australia that is on the coast not in the bush. Will definately be reading the next books by this author.
Justine Perry
Jun 23, 2014 Justine Perry rated it it was amazing
Loved this book - finally a storyline & location I can relate to. I never realised how disconnected I was when reading about locations in America, until I read this book. It made me nostalgic for a little coastal town I used to go to every summer with my family - I actually pictured myself sitting on the beach watching the sunset, smelling the salt air & wishing for some romance.... sigh.... back when it was all so much easier & simple.

Anyway thoroughly recommend & I have also f
Roz ~ My Written Romance
First 5 star of the year!!!

Loved, loved, loved it!
Jessy
Sep 03, 2015 Jessy rated it it was amazing
I won this book in a giveaway by the Author on facebook. I haven't read any of Author Victoria's books, so I was looking forward to reading it.Thanks to Victoria for posting the book to me.

I love reading Australian novels and enjoyed this book also.Set in a coastal town in South Australia,the story is about Julia Jones .A sexy and witty romantic story.

Julia left her hometown at the age of eighteen.She returns to her home town after fifteen years.She returns to settle her Mother's estate.She ne
Stacey Houllis
Mar 18, 2016 Stacey Houllis rated it it was amazing
This book is about a young woman who grew up in beach town of middle point who had plans of leading an exciting life. Her name is Julia Jones. Fifteen years before she left her then Boyfriend Ryan Blackburn to move Melbourne to go University and ends up living there. She returns back a year after her mother's death to settle her mother's estate. But finds out the Ryan owns the local pub and the next to her mother's house.

Her best friend Lizzie works at the pub. Ryan and Julia find that the attra
Sheree
Nov 05, 2013 Sheree rated it really liked it
I loved, loved, loved the setting, the small fictional beachside town of Middle Point on the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula in South Australia. And you don't need to have been to know, Victoria Purman's descriptions are so vivid, you can feel the sea breeze as you take in the stunning view, taste the salt, smell the coast. It's a Sea Change without leaving your loungeroom.

Julia Jones is back in Middle Point to settle her mother's estate and running into her old love Ry Blackburn, plays havoc with
Bree T
Nov 04, 2013 Bree T rated it really liked it
Julia left her hometown – a small town called Middle Point on the coast of South Australia – for Melbourne and university when she was just eighteen. She had big plans to become something, to lead an exciting life and none of those could come to fruition in Middle Point.

Fifteen years later and Julia is back in Middle Point. She’s been forced to take some time out of her high flying crisis management consultant job and head back to her hometown to sort through her mother’s house and her belonging
Tien
I’m a city girl through and through. I was born and grew up metropolitan cities. There would be days though when I love the thought of a Seachange. We love the beach and would happily live by the beach. Then again, I can’t really picture that particular type of life. For me, it’s a Dream; the city is my home. I am surrounded by my friends and family.

The main appeal of this romance is the encounter with your first love once again. Don’t we all have that little bit of wonder in us, how did her tur
Katie
Sep 29, 2013 Katie rated it really liked it
Debut and the first in the Boys of Summer trilogy, Nobody But Him is filled with heartache, regrets and love. Victoria Purman had a fabulous story to tell of a small town girl with only one dream and that is to run away. I loved Ry, the gorgeous successful businessman with such loyalty and passion. Julia is a typical female and only wants to hear what suits her.

Julia Jones is 33 years old and has returned home to Middle Point on the coast of South Australia. Her Mother died a year ago and she ha
Michelle
Sep 26, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
Nobody But Him is the first of the Boys of Summer Trilogy and Purman’s debut, quite an achievement I think to be signed for a trilogy straight up – Kudos to you Victoria and I can not wait for the next two. Can I just say that I know who I want the second one to centre on…

This book is set in a fictional town on the Fleurieu Peninsula in South Australia, an hour or so from my place, so I was very interested in the location. Many of the places mentioned along the coast are familiar to me, of cours
Melissa Wray
Jan 24, 2014 Melissa Wray rated it it was amazing
I haven't read a good adult romance like this for ages. I wish Ryan Blackburn lived next door to me! What a sweetheart. There was so much about this story I enjoyed. The australian flavour, the beach setting, the summer/first love sentiment that stays with you. Not to mention all those wines I have written down and need to try now. Then as if that's not enough I find out I can read about Lizzie and Dan! Loved the book, loved the characters, loved Purman's writing.
Kathryn
Mar 29, 2015 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
This is the best book I've read in a very long time.....love it from the first page to the very last page. Highly recommended to everyone.
Selena
Mar 29, 2014 Selena rated it it was amazing
amazing can't get enough of this story I read it in 2 days love it can't wait to get the second one :)
Patricia Andrew
Oct 15, 2014 Patricia Andrew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally immersing myself in this book, I could feel Julia's indecision and feelings of loss as to what she should do with her life. She just couldn't pass up on a man like Ry, I mean he does melt the panties and keep you wanting more....

It was amazing to see how two different perspectives on a situation and actually communicating with the people we love can change and grow a relationship. Victoria Purman's writing had me turning the pages quicker than my iPad can keep up - I really enjoyed this
Natasha
Feb 02, 2016 Natasha rated it it was amazing
Another great author that I have discovered and fallen in love with every story line
Mae Archer
Jan 24, 2015 Mae Archer rated it really liked it
A great reunion story with real heart.
Vanessa
Jan 02, 2015 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It was a pleasure to get to know Ry and Julie. Not to give too much of the story away, at first I felt Ry a bit arrogant and Julie a sad and lonely girl. Life can be a surprise though! Can't wait to start Book 2, "Someone Like You"
  • Outback Dreams (Bunyip Bay, #1)
  • Currawong Creek
  • The Girl in the Yellow Vest
  • Right As Rain
  • The House At The Bottom Of The Hill (Swallows Fall Book 3)
  • Heartland
  • Season of Shadow and Light
  • Close to Home
  • Northern Heat
  • The January Wish (Tarrin's Bay #1)
  • Dark Horse
  • Darkening Skies (Dungirri #3)
Victoria Purman is a multi-published, award-nominated author whose tenth novel, The Three Miss Allens, will be released in October 2016. Victoria has worked in and around the media for nearly thirty years as an ABC television and radio journalist, a speechwriter to a Premier, political adviser, editor, media adviser and private sector communications consultant. She is Deputy Chair of the SA Writer ...more
More about Victoria Purman...

Boys of Summer (3 books)
  • Someone Like You (Boys of Summer, #2)
  • Our Kind of Love (Boys of Summer, #3)

“You've got to discover you, what you do, and trust it." Barbra Streisand” 1 likes