Start by marking “Walking Dead, 01: Passé Décomposé” as Want to Read:
Walking Dead, 01: Passé Décomposé

Walking Dead, 01: Passé Décomposé (The Walking Dead #1-6)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  129,267 ratings  ·  2,608 reviews
Rick est policier et sort du coma pour découvrir avec horreur un monde où les morts ne meurent plus.
Mais ils errent à la recherche des derniers humains pour s'en repaître.
Il n'a alors plus qu'une idée en tête : retrouver sa femme et son fils, en espérant qu'ils soient rescapés de ce monde devenu fou.
Un monde où plus rien ne sera jamais comme avant, et où une seule règle pr
Published June 6th 2007 by Delcourt (first published May 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Walking Dead, 01, please sign up.

Addie Madsen I personally love it. It can be pretty violent, but if you enjoy the TV series then you should enjoy this series as well.
Elias Santiago
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

This is so, so, so, so good. It doesn’t try to be disgusting and it doesn’t mainly focus on the zombies, surprisingly. It’s more about the little community of survivors and their relationships, their helping each other out, their trying to find a way out of this pit of death. I felt desolate to see some characters gone too soon or left behind, but I have some hope of seeing new ones in the future that will make me stop missing the departed ones.

Great, great comic series.
Kudos to Image Comics for saving all that money on a colorist (better, Erica?)!

I get it, I get it!
I'm frugal, too. In fact, (view spoiler)

4.0 stars. You can see by the ratings and the other reviews of this book that a lot of people think very highly of this series and it is certainly justified. This is the kind of excellence in both writing and art that make the graphic novel an incredibly power medium when it is done well. Here….it is done very well indeed. The writing and the art are superb and I don’t think you could ask for better.

Basically, the set up is very familiar. It is a zombie apocalypse, society has broken down and t
I wanted to really like volume one of The Walking Dead. Most people do like it. They like it a lot. I didn't, which doesn't make anyone better or smarter than anyone else, we just have different tastes.

I appreciate Robert Kirkman wanting to write a social commentary and not just a horror story, but I don't know that he needs to state this in the introduction - all good zombie (and horror) stories are dealing with more than just the surface material, so Kirkman emphasizing his social commentary s
Jessica (priceiswong)
I really liked this! I've watched a few of the first episodes on TV, and honestly I liked this so much more. Maybe it's because I'm a baby and I don't think the zombies look as scary as in the show? Maybe that's part of the reason. But this was really good!
Okay, is this where the random bolding phenomenon is coming from?? Have you all known this and not told me? Is it just so you can laugh behind my back? See? I can’t even randomly bold if I try. It always ends up being for emphasis.

This book is about don’t give kids guns. That’s pretty much it. But, sometimes, you know . . . zombie apocalypse . . . sounds like a good idea to give a kid a gun. And if you think that, you’re an idiot.

My dad used to keep a lot of guns in the house at one particularl
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
We are amidst a Zombie phenomena, well they have been around since that movie Night of the Living Dead, But did not have as much coverage, there is so many novels and movies now with a zombie theme.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Some neat artwork here representing a zombie gore feast of a struggle for a band of humans against the odds for survival.
This is as most people know the genisis of the tv-series of the same name. I have watched one episode with some reservations due to the gore level and wanted to read the graphic no
Brendon Schrodinger
For everyone not in the know I have a soft spot for apocalyptic fiction. My first SF read as a burgeoning nerd was The Day of the Triffids. It certainly moulded me into the reader that I am today. But although these stories are fiction, the more scientifically removed from reality zombie type apocalypse is by far not my favourite. Nuclear fallout, deadly virus, environmental collapse; these all seem entirely plausible. But there is no precedence for zombies despite fans holding onto the parasite ...more
Dirk Grobbelaar
I’m also one of the stooges who came to the party late. That’s to say, I watched the series before reading the book, or graphic novel to be exact. Heck, when I purchased “the complete season one” I wasn’t even aware that it was based on a book. Now, when something like this happens, there is absolutely no way to undo it. There is no way to un-remember the visual medium and any first impressions, so it’s all spilt milk.

But it is every goodreader’s sworn duty, if you’ve enjoyed the show, to read t
I think some of the pleasure of reading this graphic novel was taken away from watching the first two seasons of the TV series. There obviously weren't that many surprises and I would say 75% of the graphic novel was like several of the episodes. Without giving spoilers I'd say certain parts of the TV series were better. Probably because they built on the comic which came first. Then again, some instances of the graphic novel were better than the series so I don't feel I'm biased towards one or ...more
Oct 05, 2008 An rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: survivalists - and people dead inside
Recommended to An by: un-friends, probably feasting on brains right now
A completely inappropriate birthday gift for someone with necrofobia - or pseudonecrofobia - or hemi-necrofobia - or pauci-animafobia.

Well written. Vividly, horrifically, (in my opinion poorly) illustrated with images that stalk and haunt my waking dreams.

I vote - NO.

I have tried to destroy, give away and recycle this book but it keeps showing up on my shelf. It will not die.

I store a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide next to it and it seems to keep it at bay. It does a good job of obscuring th
Rachel ♥Reads Ravenously♥
Wow. I probably won't review all of these, but I really enjoyed this one. Shane was cuckoo crazy, Lori is still as annoying as she is on the tv show. No Daryl, but he wasn't in the books. Looking forward to more!
Anthony Chavez
Kirkman does an amazing job with setting up this story. I can see why this series has gotten so much acclaim and had such success. I did however, watch the first season of the show before I knew it was a graphic novel. And once I started reading I finished this volume in a couple hours without putting it down.

The zombies! They are amazing, and he wrote them so well, you really feel for them, they aren't your crazed psycho zombies, or your fast constantly hunting zombies, no, they lounge around,
I don't watch the TV show but I really enjoyed this comic. It was interesting and I liked how it focused on people and what would happen to people if there was a zombie apocalypse. I loved the introduction. I really liked the work Tony Moore did too. The comic has left me wanting more and I can't wait to see what happens in the rest of the comics.
I have heard nothing but goodness about the TV show based on this series, and yet I've held off watching it because I'm a purist who likes to read the source material first, rather than have other people's interpretations in my head.

So I'm finally getting around to it, and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. It starts off with a bang, literally, and just keeps building from there. I LOVE the artwork, and though this is black and white only (not sure if other editions are color - I have the comp
Sam Quixote
Officer Rick Grimes gets shot in the call of duty and goes into a coma. When he awakens in the hospital weeks later, he finds himself alone in a world where the zombie apocalypse has happened – and his family have disappeared. So begins Rick’s journey to find his family as, in a world where the end can come at any moment, he and the other survivors become the walking dead.

It’s taken me a while to get around to actually reading the world’s most popular comic (The Walking Dead #115 was 2013’s bes
I'm intrigued enough to continue on. I'm a big fan of the TV show so I know some of what's going to happen and I'm enjoying the elements that are different already. (view spoiler)

I haven't read many graphic novels so we'll see how this goes.
Dylan Williams
Really different from the TV show, but also really, really good! I loved how well the characters were drawn, it was really easy to tell them all apart - which is a good thing because there are a lot of characters! In the intro to my edition the author makes it perfectly clear that his aim is to focus on the development of these characters rather than a traditional zombie plot - which he definitely does - the characters were fantastic! The pacing is also really great, it's fast when it needs to b ...more

Rick wakes from his coma to be thrust into the arms of the undead. When his wife and child are gone, he fears the worst...

I'm not a huge fan of comics, and these seem to be the only ones I can stomach... so naturally, I read them.

The storyline differs from the tv series and is better in some ways and worse in others. Like how a fair amount of information is not given in the comics but loads of information is given in the series.

The images are really
Less about zombies than about the lengths people will go to in order to survive in a world gone mad, and how desperate circumstances bring out the best in some, and the worst in others. A surprisingly thoughtful story, I thought it was terrific.
I’m really glad my initial review was deleted by my computer. -_-
Take #2

I told myself, despite the huge amount of hype, that I wasn’t allowed to watch the show until I read the graphic novels. The stars have finally aligned!

I loved this. Although there have been many movies, books, etc., of late about zombies, this graphic novel still managed to make the topic fresh and entertaining. I particularly enjoyed following Rick, the main character, as he awakes from a coma and discovers that the wor
Volume 1 contains Issues #1-6.

Before I review this, let me point out by stating that this is the first graphic novel that I've read. Gladly, It didn't disappoint. I'm not sure If i'm just so hyped over the TV show on AMC or what, but I enjoyed it. Let me also say how excited I was to find out Rick and his family are from Kentucky, aka my home state!

Now, for the Review!

The Author, Robert Kirkman, wrote a note in the beginning of the book, explaining to the readers that Rick was the main character
Raeleen Lemay
So far it's really interesting to see how DRASTICALLY different the TV show is... I mean, SHANE. WHAT.
This was an extremely poorly written book. Now I know it's a graphic novel but come on Kirkman could have done so much better, proof of this is in his skillfully written introduction. He talks up the book like reading it will be a life changing experience, or equal to viewing a magnificent piece of art but I was greatly let down. I didn't have to even read the book the whole thing was so predictable. Not to mention the excessive cursing every other "speech bubble", similar to Drag Me To Hell thi ...more
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

I've never seen the TV show, but everyone has been saying it's good. Which is why I figured I would check out the graphic novel.

My assessment: the graphic novel is good. Artwork is nice, good pacing, interesting characters. A bit flat in some places, predictable in others, and I'd really like to see more of how society got to this state. Also, can a guy survive several weeks in a coma unsupervised? I doubt it.
Sarah Brocious
 photo walker_zpsh3zgfvob.jpg

Have always been a "zombie" fan.
Being a huge fan of the TWD show though...I shied away from the comics. I did not want to get any clues, and wanted to be surprised at every turn. I don't know why I waited so long! LOVED this!

As I read, I kept murmuring, "How pretty!" A strange thing to say about "walkers" "devastation" and "loss" I know. It could not be helped. The drawings are so detailed and simply beautiful! The story, as told through pictures, touched me.

It is a masterpiece that gave b
Koliko vidim jedan sam od rijetkih koji sa TWD ne mogu nista napraviti. Od serije sam odustao davno , jer me je uzasno smorila. Misleci da je strip nesto bolji , pokusao sam i njega , ali opet.... Ja i TWD izgleda ne pasemo zajedno. Dat cu nastavcima sansu , pa cemo vidjeti.
I thought this was good. I'm not really into zombie movies so it didn't really touch a nerve in me, but I enjoyed the storytelling and the characters quite a bit. It was an interesting in-depth look at a post-zombie society. If you're into that genre definitely a must read!
Kimberley doruyter
i thought i would miss colour, but i didn't.
i thought i would miss dixon, but i didn't.
the storyline made more sense then the one of the show.
it's also a little more gory then the show.
all in all, i really liked volume one, now on the the next one;)
Andrew Greatbatch
(view spoiler)
idk 16 124 Sep 09, 2014 06:38AM
Knjigom u glavu: Strip 11 46 Dec 12, 2013 02:48PM
Walking Dead Video Game 8 112 Dec 03, 2013 11:44AM
Basically Books!: The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye (The Walking Dead #1-6) by Robert Kirkman (October 2013 Group Read) 1 15 Oct 06, 2013 05:21AM
  • Y: The Last Man, Vol. 10: Whys and Wherefores (Y: The Last Man, #10)
  • Chew, Vol. 2: International Flavor
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 4: Keys to the Kingdom
  • American Vampire, Vol. 2
  • Preacher, Volume 6: War in the Sun
  • Sweet Tooth, Vol. 2: In Captivity
  • Fables, Vol. 11: War and Pieces
  • iZombie, Vol. 1: Dead to the World
More about Robert Kirkman...

The Walking Dead (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 02: Miles Behind Us
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 08: Made to Suffer
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 09: Here We Remain
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 10: What We Become
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 11: Fear the Hunters
The Walking Dead, Compendium 1 The Walking Dead, Book One (The Walking Dead #1-12) The Walking Dead, Vol. 02: Miles Behind Us The Walking Dead, Vol. 08: Made to Suffer The Walking Dead, Vol. 03: Safety Behind Bars

“To me, the best zombie movies aren’t the splatter fests of gore and violence with goofy characters and tongue in cheek antics. Good zombie movies show us how messed up we are, they make us question our station in society… and our society’s station in the world. They show us gore and violence and all that cool stuff too… but there’s always an undercurrent of social commentary and thoughtfulness.” 69 likes
“In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.” 60 likes