Start by marking “Bending Willow (The Finding Home Series)” as Want to Read:
Bending Willow (The Finding Home Series)

Bending Willow (The Finding Home Series)

When Riley finds her grandmother dead, she knows her world is about to collapse. Determined to find the father she knows only by an address, Riley and Mia take off on a journey with so many twists and turns Riley begins to doubt they’ll ever find a real home. She ignores the question that keeps popping into her mind–if they do find her father, will he even want them? Or ...more
Paperback, first, 146 pages
Published July 4th 2013 by Lucky Bat Books (first published June 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Bending Willow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bending Willow

Dusti Dasilva
Jan 12, 2015 Dusti Dasilva rated it it was amazing
This Book held me captured from start to finish. I couldn't put it down once I started. I finished it in about an hour, and was still in shock afterwards. The ending is such a cliff hanger that we are left wondering what happens next to these 2 amazing little girls. All sort of scenarios entered my head. I couldn't believe that the book was finished. I kept trying to swipe to the next page only there was no next page. (The author later emailed me and told me that there are 2 other books out ...more
Melissa
Jan 18, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing
This YA book will have you on the edge of your seat wondering what will happen next. And be ready to want to read the second part of this 3-part story as soon as you put this one down.

When we first meet Riley and her little sister, Mia, we quickly realize they’ve had a hard life that’s recently gotten harder. Products of a blended family, they were orphaned and have been living with a grandmother whose lifestyle and economic means are not suited to raising two young girls.

The sudden death of the
Oct 12, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I friggin love this book. I think everyone could read this touching story about two displaced young girls who have to fight to stay together and learn the different definitions of "family." It's kind of an easy feel-good book and I would recommend it for anyone who is introducing chapter books to their kids (by reading them aloud, not for beginner readers), for anyone who is dealing with issues around building, changing or adapting your idea of family, or for anyone who likes to snuggle up with ...more
Crystal Collier
Feb 29, 2016 Crystal Collier rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
This is a sweet, heartwarming story about a pair of orphans that takes you on a journey for friendship, love, and family. It's not particularly long, but I enjoyed it.
Maggie Larche
Sep 12, 2016 Maggie Larche rated it it was amazing
I just loved this sweet little book.

When their grandmother passes away, Riley and Mia refuse to go back to a shelter for abandoned kids. So armed with only a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, very little money, and an old address, they set out to cross two states to find Riley's dad. How they manage the trip involves some luck, a good bit of ingenuity, and even a few moments of nail-biting suspense. Their final destination isn't quite what they expected, but it's a beautiful ending.

I
Jacci
Jul 09, 2013 Jacci rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I must say, I am in love with this book even though I wrote it! It's already won the privilege of representing the state of Nevada at the National Book Fair put on by the library of Congress! It is a high interest and low level book so teachers are happy. There is a strong female lead but it is not fantasy so a modern day role model for girls!
Tiffany G
Tiffany G rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2013
jay leavitt
jay leavitt rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Valerie
Valerie rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2013
Diane Fulton
Diane Fulton rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015
Mary Jo
Mary Jo rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Laurel
Laurel rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2015
JEAN VELASQUEZ
JEAN VELASQUEZ rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2015
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2013
Robbie
Robbie added it
Aug 13, 2013
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Jessi
Jessi added it
Mar 25, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Kirby Howell
Kirby Howell marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Charlie
Charlie is currently reading it
Aug 05, 2014
FrozenWhovian
FrozenWhovian marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Jodi Woody
Jodi Woody marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Momoffive
Momoffive marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Amberly Reilly
Amberly Reilly marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Melynda
Melynda marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Great Middle Grad...: The Finding Home Series 3 8 Oct 15, 2013 10:24AM
Great Middle Grad...: Jacci Turner - Bending Willow 3 9 Jul 10, 2013 11:49PM
Washoe County Lib...: Library of Congress Award for Nevada! 1 16 Jul 09, 2013 01:31PM
My book, The Retreat: a tale of spiritual awakening, just got picked up by Harper Legend, an imprint of Harper Collins. I'm so excited. I'll keep you posted. It should be out in March. In the meantime, you can enjoy the other books. I'll be over here sipping coffee, eating chocolate, and writing.
More about Jacci Turner...