English Language Learners in the Mathematics Classroom

English Language Learners in the Mathematics Classroom

4.75 of 5 stars 4.75  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  1 review
Strengthen mathematical understandings and academic vocabulary with standards-based strategies!

With straightforward language and examples, the authors help teachers develop specialized understanding and knowledge of strategies for supporting a high level of mathematics learning along with language acquisition for ELLs. Providing specific suggestions for teaching standards-...more
Published January 1st 2007 by Corwin Press

Be the first to ask a question about English Language Learners in the Mathematics Classroom

Barbara Lovejoy
Cristina Sanchez-Lopez recommended this book to Cody Case and me as a book that we should use as we design our Esperanza mathematics program. It is excellent book that we will want every Esperanza educator to read and apply.
Shannon Pinnell
Shannon Pinnell marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2013
Karan Johnstone
Karan Johnstone marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 22, 2011
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2009
Math Pathways & Pitfalls: Lessons and Teaching Manual: Fractions and Decimals with Algebra Readiness Math Pathways & Pitfalls Place Value and Whole Number Operations with Algebra Readiness: Lessons and Teaching Manual Grade 2 and Grade 3 Math Pathways & Pitfalls Early and Whole Number Concepts with Algebra Readiness: Lessons and Teaching Manual Grade K and Grade 1 Math Pathways & Pitfalls Percents, Ratios, and Proportions with Algebra Readiness: Lessons and Teaching Manual Grade 6, Grade 7, and Grade 8