Start by marking “Dead by Wednesday” as Want to Read:
Dead by Wednesday

Dead by Wednesday

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  11 reviews
As the minutes tick by, the body count rises in Beverly Long's Dead by Wednesday

With no leads, no witnesses and four teenage victims, it's a race against the clock for Detective Robert Hanson to catch a vicious serial killer. But he gets thrown slightly off course when Carmen Jiminez asks for his help. Fiercely independent, the pretty pregnancy counselor is the only wom
Published December 17th 2013 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Dead by Wednesday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead by Wednesday

Paula Legate
I read a lot of books, and this is one of the best Harlequin books that I have ever read. The story had a serial killer that would torture teen boys before he killed them. The details were gruesome, and turned my stomach. He was one sick man. Every detective, and policeman in the city was working the case, and pulling over time. The book described the long hours very well. Every Wednesday another kid was turning up dead. They had to stop this guy.

Carmen met Robert at her best friend's wedding.
4 stars

Dead by Wednesday was pretty suspenseful. It was easy to figure out who the bad guy was but we did not know who he was or why he was killing teenage boys. Still it was a suspenseful.

I liked the characters. Especially Carmen. She has raised her brother since he was young. Her job was to help teenage girls. She was a believable.

Now Robert's case I wonder at how fast he changed his ways, falling hard and fast for her. Robert is a cop who is attracted to Carmen for months. Especially when the
Debbie Heaton
In Long’s romantic suspense novel, Detective Robert Hanson is racing the clock in search of a serial killer. When Carmen Jimenez asks for help following some “accidents” that have happened, the detective finds himself struggling to maintain a professional distance between them. Attraction wins out and Robert agrees to protect both Carmen and her brother at all costs against a killer drawing closer.

Fast-paced and action-packed.

Beverly Long has given readers a nice romantic suspense story. It was fast paced; the action occurs over a one week time span, and quite suspenseful. The lead couple definitely had sparks flying between them, and the romance starts quite quickly. It is difficult to balance suspense and romance, but Ms. Long does a good job with the time frame constraints. The suspense and intrigue were well plotted and there were enough twists and turns to keep me reading far too late.
*I received my copy from N
Narrator: Violet Grey

This book got off on a bad start for me because the MCs, as far as romance were concerned, came across like adolescents wading into the dating pool for the first time. Actually, it is like that for the heroine as it's the first time she's finding herself even thinking about a man in a romantic sense in 13 years. While that's fine with me, I'd rather not have my romantic suspense tilting towards the romance especially when most of it involves
I really enjoyed this book. It is a great love story & suspense!! The characters were well thought out & intriguing. You really wanted to get to know them. I really hated for the book to end. I could follow the characters through more books. Plus it was an easy read which meant I could pick it up at anytime n enjoy a chapter or 2. Then continue on watching my grandson. Of course that was while he was napping. I highly recommend this book!!
Was lucky enough to win a signed copy of "Dead by Wednesday" from Beverly Long in the GoodReads GiveAway Contest.

"Dead by Wednesday" is written in a way to allow for a fast paced, all in one read. There is no dragging in the plot, contestant moving as the story takes place in the time span of one week. Allowing for a whirlwind romance complete with intrigue, danger, and suspense.

I enjoyed this book and would definitely recommend it.
Bonnie Drummond
Unthinkable crimes against teenagers; hart brakes for parents and providers of children. Bad guys get it in the end , and a hospital, a recoverie and a wedding. Add a 100% to that and you get good over evil every time.
Harlequin Books
"Long delves into the problems of gang violence, bullying and teenage pregnancy as she builds a scary story about a serial killer into a compelling tale of redemption". (RT Book Reviews) rated 4 stars
Harlequin Books
Received 4 stars @ RT Book Reviews
Anita marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Beiza added it
Nov 19, 2015
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Jessica Mackay
Jessica Mackay marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Nancy Yang
Nancy Yang marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2015
Janell Hartzell
Janell Hartzell marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Karishma marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Karen Gregory
Karen Gregory marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Elizabeth Hurley
Elizabeth Hurley marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
  • Finding Her Son
  • Assumed Identity (The Precinct: Task Force #4) (The Precinct #20)
  • High-Caliber Christmas
  • Bachelor Sheriff  (Cooper, #4)
  • The Baby's Guardian (Texas Maternity Hostages #1)
  • Safe by His Side (Colby Agency #1)
  • Explosive Attraction (The Morgan Brothers, #1)
  • Primal Instinct
  • Snowed in with the Boss (Kenner County Crime Unit, #3)
  • Dangerous Memories
  • Relentless
  • The Best Man to Trust (Harlequin Intrigue 1429)
  • Guardian Ranger (Shadow Agents, #2)
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)