Start by marking “The Surprise Holiday Dad (Safe Harbor Medical #12)” as Want to Read:
The Surprise Holiday Dad (Safe Harbor Medical #12)

The Surprise Holiday Dad (Safe Harbor Medical #12)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  43 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Father, Meet Son

Safe Harbor obstetrician Adrienne Cavill couldn't love her nephew more if he were her own child. And no deadbeat dad is going to claim the little boy she practically raised.

Detective-turned-P.I. Wade Hunter has missed five years of his son's life and nothing's chasing him away this time. That includes the pretty doctor who's giving his child everything—ex
Published January 7th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Surprise Holiday Dad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Surprise Holiday Dad

Carmen
Feb 23, 2016 Carmen rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Romance Fans
Wade's grin transformed him into the young, open-faced man he'd been when Adrienne had met him all those years ago, she recalled abruptly. If she wasn't careful, she might start to like him.

Her earlier image of him as a crouching lion came to mind. No matter how appealing he seemed, there was no telling if or when he might pounce.

Okay. Wade is the father of a six-year-old boy, but the boy's mentally ill mother has kept him from any contact with the child. He pays child support every month, he ha
Susan
Jan 14, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it
Good book. Once Wade finds out that his son's mother has died. He can't wait to finally get to know Reggie. His ex-girlfriend had had some mental issues and had refused to allow him to see his son. He was good about sending child support but missed being part of his son's life. He wasn't happy when he found out that Reggie's aunt was trying to adopt him and arrived in Safe Harbor ready to fight for his rights. Adrienne has been Reggie's main caretaker for most of his life. Her sister had always ...more
Marisa
Jun 23, 2014 Marisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I finished reading this book about two months ago and forgot to write the review with this super fresh in my mind.
But I do know that I enjoyed this book much more than I had anticipated.
I won this book in a giveaway, not realizing that it's technically a series.
That being said, I'm sure it would help reading them in order, but I was able to understand the book just fine not having read any others.
I felt attached to the characters and I felt the emotions they were feeling, and that is how I k
Rhonda
Jan 07, 2014 Rhonda rated it really liked it
4 STARS

The Surprise Dad is a charming romance book. It is a Safe Harbor medical novel.

The plot Wade Hunter gets a letter telling him the mother of his son died months ago. He heads to his hometown determined to be a father. Dr. Adrienne Cavill goes to adopt her nephew and finds out the dead beat dad was not really a dead beat dad and he won't give up his son.

One thing I liked is how they both tried to work things out best for the boy. They were not putting Reggie in the middle and making life
Janga
Jan 07, 2014 Janga rated it liked it
Private detective Wade Hunter returns to Safe Harbor as soon as he learns that the mother of his son has died. There is nothing Wade wants more than to be a real father to his son, and he is determined to begin immediately. He may not have as much to offer as the doctor aunt who has been young Reggie’s primary caretaker and is eager to adopt him, but he can be the father his son needs, the one thing the doctor aunt can’t give Reggie.

Adrienne Cavill, an obstetrician at the Safe Harbor obstetrical
Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)
The Surprise Holiday Dad is the twelfth book in the Safe Harbor series by Jacqueline Diamond.
I didn't realise at first that a) this was part of a series and that b) this was not the first book, the great thing is, is that it doesn't feel like you have to have read the books before this one, it reads well as a standalone, but because I really enjoyed this book, the settings and characters, I will definitely be hunting down the previous books, especially if they are all as well written and enjoyab
Hsiau Wei
May 10, 2014 Hsiau Wei rated it liked it
Wade have a son Reggie but his ex-girlfriend refused to allow him to see his son. Despite the refusal, Wade continue to give her monthly child support. Adrienne is Reggie’s aunt and as his mother had just passed away, she wanted to have full custody over Reggie. Wade wasn’t happy when he found out Adrienne’s intention. He intend to fight for his right as Reggie’ father now. Adrienne doesn’t know the whole truth of Wade’s absence in Reggie’s life. All she knew was that Wade abandoned them, hence ...more
Yazmin
Jun 02, 2014 Yazmin rated it really liked it
InThe Surprise Holiday Dad by Jacqueline Diamond, Adrienne Cavill loves her nephew Reggie as if he was her own child. Now that her sister has died she wants to make thing legal, but first she needs the father to sign his rights away. According to what her sister told her, Wade is a deadbeat dad. She will not let such an irresponsible dad take away her little boy.

Wade Hunter has missed the first five years of his son’s life thanks to the mother’s lies and accusations that could have ruined his c
Heather
Jan 14, 2014 Heather rated it liked it
I really love Jacqueline Diamond's books, but this one was just okay for me. I was not a fan of Wade from the beginning although I did like him better toward the end. Hated his family and they never did grow on me. I really liked all the rest of the characters and the story line. And reconnecting with the past characters. It was a good book, just not one of her better ones, in my opinion. I haven't read ALL of the Safe Harbor Medical books and I was glad I felt like I didn't really need to in or ...more
Elle (Ligia)
It was a fast read, that to be quite honest with you, I wasn't expecting to like so much.

The Surprise Holiday Dad is a nice, fast read. The characters were quite relateable, well everyone but the kid. I found Reggie to be not so believable, for a six-year-old he sure sounded older. He does go through a lot but there are words a child simply does not say.

Other than that it's a book I would recommend if you are looking for a sweet, heartwarming (and sometimes heartbreaking) read to pass the time.
Bonnie
Feb 25, 2014 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
The Surprise Holiday Dad, one of the Safe Harbor Medical series books. It was a very good book. Wade Hunter found out his once girlfriend died. When Reggie was born the girlfriend had emotional problems and said she would call the police if he didn't leave. Wade supported them in the five years he was away. The girlfriends sister was taking care of Reggie. Lots goes on between Wade and Adrienne, before they end up getting together. You need to read this one.
Harlequin Books
"This new Safe Harbor Medical story is a delight. The two main characters quickly learn to get along well together, and the secondary characters add significantly to the tale". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars)

Miniseries: Safe Harbor Medical
Spinneretta
Jan 13, 2015 Spinneretta rated it liked it
I usually find this author to be somewhat slower in building her stories than many others, and this book is no exception. Although it is well written, and has a good ending, I found it a little slow to get going.
Jess
Nov 13, 2013 Jess rated it liked it
"3 out of 5 stars, this novel brings together a broken family, heals their old wounds, and creates new memories for them. Adrienne & Wade are a wonderful match up, they just even each other out!"

Read more of this review and a teaser on my blog once the full review posts on December 7, 2013, here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2013/12/made-grade-safe-harbor-medical-series.html

Until then please check out the other reviews on my blog: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/
Bonny Lee
May 31, 2014 Bonny Lee rated it really liked it
Always nice to visit Safe Harbor again
Alyssa
Dec 06, 2013 Alyssa rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
review to follow
Sydonie Jones
Sydonie Jones rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Magan
Magan marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Theresa Day
Theresa Day marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Synthetic Darkness
Synthetic Darkness marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Shakti
Shakti marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Reva
Reva rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2016
Linda Roush
Linda Roush marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Melissa Laird
Melissa Laird rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
Angel Girl 48
Angel Girl 48 rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
VampAmber
VampAmber marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Kristina Hammock
Kristina Hammock marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
  • Christmas Romance: The Best Christmas Short Romances of 2013
  • 'Twas the Week Before Christmas
  • Her Holiday Hero (Caring Canines, #2)
  • A Christmas Waltz (Christmas, #3)
  • White Christmas in Dry Creek
  • Brenda's Christmas Desire (Dreams Come True #2)
  • The Christmas Bride (The Burnett Brides, #4)
  • A Family for Christmas (Texas Grooms, #3)
  • A Last Chance Christmas
  • Single Dad's Christmas Miracle
  • The Doctor's Christmas
  • Lost and ProFound
  • Following Doctor's Orders
  • Christmas at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch, #4)
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Life Support (Grace Medical #3)
  • Christmas on the Move Out West
  • Million Dollar Christmas Proposal
21946
USA Today bestselling author Jacqueline Diamond’s 101st novel, The Case of the Questionable Quadruplet, launches a new cozy series. The Safe Harbor Medical mysteries, a spin-off of her popular Safe Harbor Medical romance series, feature an obstetrician who solves crimes affecting his patients.

In addition to being a former Associated Press reporter and TV columnist, Jackie has sold medical romance
More about Jacqueline Diamond...

Safe Harbor Medical (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Would-Be Mommy (Safe Harbor Medical #1)
  • His Hired Baby (Safe Harbor Medical, #2)
  • The Holiday Triplets (Safe Harbor Medical, #3)
  • Officer Daddy (Safe Harbor Medical, #4)
  • Falling for the Nanny  (Safe Harbor Medical #5)
  • The Surgeon's Surprise Twins (Safe Harbor Medical, #6)
  • The Detective's Accidental Baby (Safe Harbor Medical, #7)
  • The Baby Dilemma (Safe Harbor Medical, #8)
  • The M.D.'s Secret Daughter (Safe Harbour Medical, #9)
  • The Baby Jackpot (Safe Harbor Medical, #10)