Start by marking “Rancher at Risk” as Want to Read:
Rancher at Risk

Rancher at Risk

A Fresh Start

After the loss of his family in a tragic accident, Ryan Malloy has been given one last chance to change his life. His boss sends him to Flagman's Folly, New Mexico, to run his ranch, but unfortunately, Ryan's troubled attitude lands him in hot water with the locals, especially the ranch's manager, Lianne Ward.

Deaf since birth, Lianne has never let her disabi
Published January 7th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rancher at Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rancher at Risk

Dec 30, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
Very good book. Ryan has been living on the edge for the past year, ever since the deaths of his wife and son in an accident. He has been getting angrier and angrier over their loss and the fact that there were no answers as to how it had happened. It created a need in him to control everything and this bled over into his work. His boss has sent him to Flagman's Folly to run the ranch there, getting him away from his memories and giving him a chance for a fresh start. But on the way into town he ...more
Apr 02, 2015 Sarah rated it it was ok
There was too much going on here, the narrative was disjointed, and the characters were 2-dimensional. At times, the rancher (of the title) was distraught by losing his wife & child in an accident, but then on the next page, he was thinking about his attraction to his co-worker. It was a touch bizarre.
Kym McNabney
Mar 14, 2014 Kym McNabney rated it it was ok
As an aspiring author and Christian, it is my goal to not lash out at authors. Today’s world screams the opposite of what I was taught as a child, “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.” For too many, they don’t seem to realize there’s a human behind the words that lay on the pages of a book. However, I do believe that constructive criticism, with a careful choice of words, can be helpful. I also realize writing is subjective. I review because I like to share with others my ...more
Feb 04, 2014 Summer rated it really liked it
Anyone with narrow-minded stereotypical ideas of Harlequin romance novels would probably think a deaf heroine means she’s some helpless damsel in distress in need of a man to save her, but Lianne isn’t anything like that, she’s the kind of woman we should all hope to be, capable of anything she puts her mind to, while demanding respect and equality from her guy.

Lianne, with her strong will, and even stronger heart, is just who rancher Ryan needs to challenge him to move on from a terrible traged
Jun 02, 2014 Yazmin rated it really liked it
InRancher at Risk by Barbara White Daille, Ryan Malloy has been having a tough time since he loss of his wife and son. After he took things too far one last time his boss has decided to send him to Flagman’s Folly, New Mexico. Unfortunately, his badattitude lands him in hot water as soon as he arrives in town with one of the locals.

Lianne Ward has been deaf since birth, but she has not let her disability define her. Now she is back in her hometown to rebuild her life and prove to her ex that sh
Connie Brown
Feb 28, 2015 Connie Brown rated it really liked it
Barbara White Daille has written an unusual book. I knew it was a romance to begin with so I figured it would end in a couple getting together. This book has several unusual elements in it that you sometime wonder who will come out together. I loved the characters of Lianne and Ryan. Lianne's disability causes some problems but her caring about the boys and her strengths show she is a woman to be reckoned with. I loved the conflict written in and the resolution of the story. The support characte ...more
Mar 05, 2014 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
Rancher At Risk was a very good book. Ryan had lost his son and wife a year ago in a car accident. He hasn't recovered from it. He is mad at everybody. His boss sends him from his Montana Ranch to one he owns in New Mexico. Lianne is in charge of running the set up for a boys camp. the construction and all. Ryan is in charge of the horses and that type ranch business. Lianne is deaf and a independent woman. Ryan tries to be in control. They end up falling in love. A very good story line.
Stephanie (Once Upon a Chapter)
Really a 2.5.

I have read all of Barbara White Daille’s previous Flagman Folly books and enjoyed each and every one of them. Naturally I jumped at the chance to read the newest addition when I was contacted about it. Both leads have their own issues to work through; Ryan has lost his wife and young child in a car accident and Lianne has been deaf since the day she was born. Read the rest at Once Upon a Chapter.
Peggy Clayton
Sep 02, 2014 Peggy Clayton rated it really liked it
I really liked it this was about a rancher who had some luggage that he was taking to Flagman's Folly and on the way had a almost when he about to hit a girl with a disability and then he gets to the ranch. Low and behold Lianne the ranch's manager also has the same disability and the 2 of them try to work out his past and her problem.
Harlequin Books
"As the hero learns to accept not only the heroine's limitations, but her ability to cope, their story beautifully illustrates the difficulty of being deaf in a hearing world". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars)
Radia rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2015
Katharina rated it liked it
May 30, 2015
Harpreet rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2014
Harlequin Books Australia
Harlequin Books Australia rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2015
Jennifer Jerousek
Jennifer Jerousek rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2014
Jan 18, 2014 Chastity rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Loved this book.
Jan 13, 2015 Spinneretta rated it really liked it
A well written romance.
Krystal rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Jan 22, 2016 Kate rated it liked it
Shelves: western-romance, 2014
Good book, kinda wished it was longer so that things could develop more slowly.
Alisha rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Linda Lee Lovatt
Linda Lee Lovatt rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2014
Reva rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2016
Alyssa rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2014
Kim Field
Kim Field rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2015
Judith rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Dakota Morris
Dakota Morris rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2015
Judy Evenson
Dec 21, 2014 Judy Evenson rated it it was ok
Shelves: fluffy-stuff
A fluffy story and nice story for vacation or a boring evening at home.
Allison rated it it was ok
Feb 16, 2015
Marsha rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2016
Emily rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
  • Rain Shadow (Dutch Country Brides Book 2)
  • From Newlyweds?
  • 'Twas the Week Before Christmas
  • Libbie (Real Women of the American West, #1)
  • The One He's Been Looking For
  • The Iceweaver
  • Single Dad's Christmas Miracle
  • Undercover Twin (The Morgan Brothers, #2)
  • Twins Under the Christmas Tree (Cash Brothers, #2)
  • Have Me
  • My Spy: Last Spy Standing (HQ: Texas, #2)
  • The Secret Kiss of Darkness (Shadows from the Past #2)
  • When Opposites Attract... (The Barrington Trilogy, #1)
  • Liam's Perfect Woman (Home to Harbor Town, #2)
  • Romancing the Soul
  • A Home for Nobody's Princess
  • A Run for Love (Oklahoma Lovers #1)
  • Protecting His Princess
Hi, and thanks for stopping by to read a little about me and my books. I love chocolate, cowboys, romance, and reading--and, of course, my DH (dear husband). ;) Exercise and housework...not so much.

I write short contemporary small-town romance for Harlequin Western Romance and Entangled Bliss, usually with kids, quirky characters, and a touch of humor.

Look for my brand-new release from Entangled
More about Barbara White Daille...