Start by marking “Rancher at Risk” as Want to Read:
Rancher at Risk

Rancher at Risk

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A Fresh Start

After the loss of his family in a tragic accident, Ryan Malloy has been given one last chance to change his life. His boss sends him to Flagman's Folly, New Mexico, to run his ranch, but unfortunately, Ryan's troubled attitude lands him in hot water with the locals, especially the ranch's manager, Lianne Ward.

Deaf since birth, Lianne has never let her disabi
Published January 7th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rancher at Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rancher at Risk

Susan
Very good book. Ryan has been living on the edge for the past year, ever since the deaths of his wife and son in an accident. He has been getting angrier and angrier over their loss and the fact that there were no answers as to how it had happened. It created a need in him to control everything and this bled over into his work. His boss has sent him to Flagman's Folly to run the ranch there, getting him away from his memories and giving him a chance for a fresh start. But on the way into town he ...more
Kym McNabney
As an aspiring author and Christian, it is my goal to not lash out at authors. Today’s world screams the opposite of what I was taught as a child, “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.” For too many, they don’t seem to realize there’s a human behind the words that lay on the pages of a book. However, I do believe that constructive criticism, with a careful choice of words, can be helpful. I also realize writing is subjective. I review because I like to share with others my ...more
Summer
Anyone with narrow-minded stereotypical ideas of Harlequin romance novels would probably think a deaf heroine means she’s some helpless damsel in distress in need of a man to save her, but Lianne isn’t anything like that, she’s the kind of woman we should all hope to be, capable of anything she puts her mind to, while demanding respect and equality from her guy.

Lianne, with her strong will, and even stronger heart, is just who rancher Ryan needs to challenge him to move on from a terrible traged
Bonnie
Rancher At Risk was a very good book. Ryan had lost his son and wife a year ago in a car accident. He hasn't recovered from it. He is mad at everybody. His boss sends him from his Montana Ranch to one he owns in New Mexico. Lianne is in charge of running the set up for a boys camp. the construction and all. Ryan is in charge of the horses and that type ranch business. Lianne is deaf and a independent woman. Ryan tries to be in control. They end up falling in love. A very good story line.
Yazmin
InRancher at Risk by Barbara White Daille, Ryan Malloy has been having a tough time since he loss of his wife and son. After he took things too far one last time his boss has decided to send him to Flagman’s Folly, New Mexico. Unfortunately, his badattitude lands him in hot water as soon as he arrives in town with one of the locals.

Lianne Ward has been deaf since birth, but she has not let her disability define her. Now she is back in her hometown to rebuild her life and prove to her ex that sh
Peggy Clayton
I really liked it this was about a rancher who had some luggage that he was taking to Flagman's Folly and on the way had a almost when he about to hit a girl with a disability and then he gets to the ranch. Low and behold Lianne the ranch's manager also has the same disability and the 2 of them try to work out his past and her problem.
Rachael Ruddick
Good book, kinda wished it was longer so that things could develop more slowly.
Stephanie (Once Upon a Chapter)
Really a 2.5.

I have read all of Barbara White Daille’s previous Flagman Folly books and enjoyed each and every one of them. Naturally I jumped at the chance to read the newest addition when I was contacted about it. Both leads have their own issues to work through; Ryan has lost his wife and young child in a car accident and Lianne has been deaf since the day she was born. Read the rest at Once Upon a Chapter.
Chastity
Loved this book.
Harlequin Books
"As the hero learns to accept not only the heroine's limitations, but her ability to cope, their story beautifully illustrates the difficulty of being deaf in a hearing world". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars)
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Sep 02, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Christa Runge
Christa Runge marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
Mar 23, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
  • Big Sky Christmas
  • Her Rancher Rescuer
  • Twins Under the Christmas Tree (Cash Brothers, #2)
  • Single Dad's Christmas Miracle
  • Flirting with Destiny (Welcome to Destiny, #6)
  • Home to the Cowboy (Welcome to Ramblewood #2)
  • A Run For Love (Oklahoma Lovers, #1)
  • 'Twas the Week Before Christmas
  • Her Secret, His Baby
  • His Baby Dream (Safe Harbor Medical, #11)
  • Hired by Her Husband
  • Romancing the Soul
  • What a Pirate Desires
  • Hero in Her Heart (The Flanagans, #1)
  • She's Having the Boss's Baby
  • The Rebel Cowboy's Quadruplets
  • Gold Rush Girl (The California Argonauts, #1)
  • Undercover Twin (The Morgan Brothers, #2)
Hi, and thanks for stopping by to read a little about me and my books.

I love chocolate, cowboys, romance, and reading--and, of course, my DH (dear husband). ;) Exercise and housework...not so much.

My books are short contemporary romancea, usually with cowboys, kids, quirky characters, and a touch of humor.

My current release is The Texan's Little Secret (August 2014).

The previous release is Ranche
More about Barbara White Daille...
A Rancher's Pride (Harlequin American Romance) The Texan's Little Secret (Texas Rodeo Barons, #2) Honorable Rancher The Rodeo Man's Daughter The Sheriff's Son