Start by marking “Escape: Heartbreaker / Duncan's Bride” as Want to Read:
Escape: Heartbreaker / Duncan's Bride

Escape: Heartbreaker / Duncan's Bride

Two timeless tales of romance and suspense from New York Times bestselling author Linda Howard

HEARTBREAKER

Michelle Cabot reluctantly returns home to Central Florida, having inherited her father's cattle ranch—and the mountain of bills that go with it. But Michelle's determined to turn things around, even as she discovers she's heavily indebted to neighboring rancher John
Published January 28th 2014 by Harlequin HQN

To ask other readers questions about Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Escape

Mcfree
Feb 26, 2014 Mcfree rated it liked it
The title is very misleading. I was expecting much more drama than either book provided.

These are books from the 80's. I'm much more familiar with Howard's thrillers, so I wasn't expecting humdrum romances. They were okay, but ...
Amanda
Sep 22, 2016 Amanda rated it liked it
Two beautiful stories of hardheaded men and the strong willed women who take their breath away.
Amy
Apr 10, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing
Two great stories from a master of romance! Heartbreaker, the story of Michelle and John, is actually a loose sequel to Howard's book Diamond Bay. This is the story of John Rafferty (a neighbor in the earlier book) and Howard does a good job of showing how Michelle and John--enemies at first sight--are now trying to hate each other but realizing that the attraction they've always felt and hid is stronger than ever.

In Duncan's Bride, we meet Madelyn and Reese. Madelyn is an unlikely mail-order b
Kate
Mar 31, 2014 Kate rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-paperback
When I first picked the book up off the shelf I didn't realize that it was two novels. In fact I didn't even read the back of the book, I was going off the cover that it would have been good, and I wasn't disappointed.

I was looking for an easy romance read and got just what I wanted. Of course I did expect a little bit more drama in the second one. There were times when this book had at one end of the emotional spectrum and then with the change of scene to the other end of the spectrum.

My only r
Shelly
Jun 27, 2014 Shelly rated it liked it
A bit predictable; love story that brings city girl to the country. She's not a typical city girl though, so it's fun to see what she does to win his heart. He's a tough old cowboy who's been wronged!
Betsy
Aug 25, 2015 Betsy rated it it was amazing
Linda Howard is awesome! She usually writes suspense, but the second story is all about love. A stubborn man who was hurt, is determined not to let his new wife get too close. And the stubborn woman he married, is determined to get inside his shell. Great give & take!
Kyra De
Mar 12, 2015 Kyra De rated it liked it
Cowboy love stories. Strong characters, nice flow
Tanvi
Jul 10, 2014 Tanvi rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down for longer than a (much-needed) short nap until I could finish reading it..!! :D
Nancy
Mar 31, 2014 Nancy rated it really liked it
Heartbreaker is a three and Duncan's bride is a five star.
Brenda Aja
Mar 16, 2014 Brenda Aja rated it really liked it
I liked it. It was entertaining, easy to read, no drama and I just needed something like that since the last book I read almost break my heart!!!
Aissata
Mar 03, 2014 Aissata rated it it was amazing
All I can say is WOW WOW AND WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, i just know tha't why i read romance. Wow..specially the first book. Wowwwwwwwwwwww!
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2015
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2014
Cherie McAlpine-Foster
Cherie McAlpine-Foster rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was ok
Apr 26, 2014
Taz
Taz rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Diana  Harper
Diana Harper rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2014
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Mac
Mac rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2015
Nur
Nur rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2014
Peggy
Peggy rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2015
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2014
Alex
Alex rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2015
Mrs Diane
Mrs Diane rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
Natalia Aoude
Natalia Aoude rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Threads of Joy
  • Motherless
  • Hidden in the Stars (Quilts of Love, #21)
  • Knot In My Backyard (A Quilting Mystery, #2)
  • Chorus Lines, Caviar, and Corpses
  • Literally Murder (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery #4)
  • The Lady and the Officer (Civil War Heroines #2)
  • The Beaches and Brides Romance Collection: 5 Historical Romances Buoyed by the Sea
  • Abandon the Dark (Watcher in the Dark, #3)
  • Plain Killing (An Amish Mystery #2)
  • The Wedding Soup Murder (An Italian Kitchen Mystery, #2)
  • If You Follow Me
  • The Christmas Brides Collection: 9 Historical Romances Promise Love Fulfilled at Christmastime
  • Come Back
  • Casting the First Stone
  • Safe Haven (Peacemakers #3)
  • A Promise to Protect (Logan Point #2)
  • Snow Globe (The Amish of Jamesport #1)

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard...