Start by marking “Escape: Heartbreaker / Duncan's Bride” as Want to Read:
Escape: Heartbreaker / Duncan's Bride

Escape: Heartbreaker / Duncan's Bride

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Two timeless tales of romance and suspense from New York Times bestselling author Linda Howard

HEARTBREAKER

Michelle Cabot reluctantly returns home to Central Florida, having inherited her father's cattle ranch—and the mountain of bills that go with it. But Michelle's determined to turn things around, even as she discovers she's heavily indebted to neighboring rancher John
Published January 28th 2014 by Harlequin HQN

To ask other readers questions about Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Escape

Amy
Two great stories from a master of romance! Heartbreaker, the story of Michelle and John, is actually a loose sequel to Howard's book Diamond Bay. This is the story of John Rafferty (a neighbor in the earlier book) and Howard does a good job of showing how Michelle and John--enemies at first sight--are now trying to hate each other but realizing that the attraction they've always felt and hid is stronger than ever.

In Duncan's Bride, we meet Madelyn and Reese. Madelyn is an unlikely mail-order b
Mcfree
The title is very misleading. I was expecting much more drama than either book provided.

These are books from the 80's. I'm much more familiar with Howard's thrillers, so I wasn't expecting humdrum romances. They were okay, but ...
Kate
When I first picked the book up off the shelf I didn't realize that it was two novels. In fact I didn't even read the back of the book, I was going off the cover that it would have been good, and I wasn't disappointed.

I was looking for an easy romance read and got just what I wanted. Of course I did expect a little bit more drama in the second one. There were times when this book had at one end of the emotional spectrum and then with the change of scene to the other end of the spectrum.

My only r
Shelly
A bit predictable; love story that brings city girl to the country. She's not a typical city girl though, so it's fun to see what she does to win his heart. He's a tough old cowboy who's been wronged!
Aissata
All I can say is WOW WOW AND WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, i just know tha't why i read romance. Wow..specially the first book. Wowwwwwwwwwwww!
Tanvi
Couldn't put it down for longer than a (much-needed) short nap until I could finish reading it..!! :D
Brenda Aja
I liked it. It was entertaining, easy to read, no drama and I just needed something like that since the last book I read almost break my heart!!!
Leanne
two books in one.. A. Heartbreaker and B. Duncan's Bride V.G.
Nancy Anderson
Heartbreaker is a three and Duncan's bride is a five star.
Kyra De
Cowboy love stories. Strong characters, nice flow
Camila Sebellin
Camila Sebellin marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Sara Fridley-garner
Sara Fridley-garner marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Karen Gregory
Karen Gregory marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
June
June marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Neera
Neera added it
Apr 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Knot In My Backyard (A Quilting Mystery, #2)
  • Motherless
  • Threads of Joy
  • Literally Murder (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery #4)
  • Chorus Lines, Caviar, and Corpses
  • The Wedding Soup Murder (An Italian Kitchen Mystery, #2)
  • Hidden in the Stars (Quilts of Love Series)
  • A Bride in Store (Unexpected Brides, #2)
  • A Promise to Protect (Logan Point #2)
  • Abandon the Dark (Watcher in the Dark, #3)
  • The Lady and the Officer (Civil War Heroines #2)
  • Dreaming on Daisies (Love Blossoms in Oregon #3)
  • The Bachelor (Plain City Peace #2)
  • Come Back
  • Casting the First Stone
  • Safe Haven (Peacemakers #3)
  • Yankee in Atlanta (Heroines Behind the Lines, #3)
  • Victoria's Promise (The Newport Ladies Book Club)

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard...
Mr. Perfect After the Night Open Season Dream Man Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1)