Start by marking “His Ideal Match” as Want to Read:
His Ideal Match

His Ideal Match

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  12 reviews

Carissa Hopper's always been strong and self-sufficient. So when the single mom of three finds herself in need, accepting help from the rugged and adventurous Phillip Chatam isn't easy. She knows he's the kind of man she should stay far away from. Still, when his aunts offer her lodging at Chatam House, where Phillip also resides, Carissa can't refuse. Always on the move,

Published December 17th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published November 1st 2013)

Bonnie
His Ideal Match by Arlene James was a very good book. Phillip Chatam who's family has a lot of money. Phillip goes from adventure job to another adventure job. Only thinking about fun. He is between jobs and living with two unmarried sister and the third sister just got married recently, in the Chatam mansion. To some you would think he's a loser but he's not. Carissa Hopper has three children. Her uncle and his wife work at the mansion. They take care of her three kids one day while she works s ...more
Janine
“His Ideal Match” by Arlene James is another book in her Chatam House series, yet is completely a stand-alone book. It was wonderful seeing the Aunties again for they are so loveable and different.

The words of those around us can affect us in different ways, and we see that somewhat in this book. Then there is just the uncertainty in one’s self as well. These are just some of the things that jumped out at me, to remind me that one must be careful of what they say for our words may not be hurtfu
Rhonda
4 Stars

This is the first of the Chatam House series of books that I have read. I would love to some day go back and read the ones I have missed. I enjoyed reading this story. It had a bunch of fun characters, good plot, sweet kids and one not as sweet. Loving family, people that reach out and help because they care and can. Also had positive message, romance and was a clean read.

Carissa Hopper has had a rough few years. She is doing the best she can for her three kids after there father died. Sh
Janga
The seventh book in James’s Chatam House series is a sweet, slight, easy-to-read romance. Although these are characters whose faith is important to them and who believe in a personal God who hears and answers prayer, the tone is not excessively preachy. The characters are likeable, and it’s easy to root for their HEA.

This was the first book I have read in the series, and I was bothered by the reminders that all the other young Chatams who appear with their spouses had stories that I didn’t know.
June
Chatam House is always a pleasure to visit. And in this story we get a glimpse of so many previous visitors to the House. Arlene James does such an awesome job on these stories. The dear aunties are so loving and lovable!
Heather Letalien Costa
This one was a little better to read than some of the others. A little more to the plot than I shouldn't love her I shouldn't love him but we do.
Heather
I enjoyed this book. I actually loved the kids and the aunties more than Phillip and Carissa. They're what made the book. Even though it's part of a series, I found you could read this one without having read the others.
Robin
It's the first book that I have read by this author. It is part of the Chatham series and I will continue reading the series.
Julia Herondale
"His Ideal Match" was simply extraordinary and I absolutely loved it! The storyline and characters were top knotch and very entertaining - they held my interest with ease. I can't rave enough about how wonderful and addictive the Chatam House series is. Arlene James is so incredibly talented and I'm truly excited to read more from her!
Rachel Sides
I always love to visit Chatam House. I also enjoy Arlene James' other books.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Chatam House
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Chatam House
Thomas H. Graber
Thomas H. Graber is currently reading it
Mar 20, 2015
Mommyc
Mommyc marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Marcy Blanton
Marcy Blanton marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Katie
Katie added it
Jan 11, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Megan
Megan added it
Feb 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Arlene James has written romance for three decades, and has published 75+ novels. A mother of two wonderful sons and now a happy grandmother to the brightest of all grandchildren, she is finding her fifth decade to be great fun.

She and her very supportive husband of 35 years (whom she agreed to marry on their first date!) enjoy a busy social life and particularly delight in traveling. They have v
More about Arlene James...
Carbon Copy Cowboy (Texas Twins, #3) Baby Makes a Match (Steeple Hill Love Inspired)) The Sheriff's Runaway Bride (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #2) A Match Made in Texas (Chatam House #2) Her Small-Town Hero