Start by marking “A Man's Heart: The Way to a Man's Heart\Hasty Wedding” as Want to Read:
A Man's Heart: The Way to a Man's Heart\Hasty Wedding

A Man's Heart: The Way to a Man's Heart\Hasty Wedding

www.DebbieMacomber.com

There's an old saying about the way to a man's heart

Meghan O'Day and Grey Carlyle couldn't be more different. He's a sophisticated professor of literature; she's a waitress with a high-school education and a love of the classics. He returns time and again to the diner where she works—and it's not just for the coffee and pie! Or even for the conversat
Published January 28th 2014 by Harlequin MIRA

To ask other readers questions about A Man's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Man's Heart

Debbie Pierson
Apr 23, 2014 Debbie Pierson rated it really liked it
Both were good. These are some of Debbie's early stories but they were still great to read.
Michelle Haugen
Feb 19, 2014 Michelle Haugen rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the stories. However, I thought that all the characters were too self-sacrificing. So they were good but not as good as the usual Debbie Macomber books I have read.
Melissa
Jan 31, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed both stories in this book!

Each story had unique characters and great storylines! I liked the romance in each story.
Helen Gaye Brewster
Jun 10, 2014 Helen Gaye Brewster rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
This was another Goodwill paperback find, and I bought it because I'd enjoyed "74 Seaside Avenue," which is part of the author's Cedar Cove series. The author clearly states at the beginning that this book is a Valentine's Day edition of two of her early romance stories. And, her writing has improved since those days because this wasn't nearly as good as the other book that I read by her.

The two stories are easy to enjoy if you like sweet, happy-ending romances! They were a little too light for
TayteH
Aug 19, 2014 TayteH rated it it was amazing
Like all of Debbie Macomber's books, I loved this one. While some may not appreciate some of the cheesy romance Debbie may sometimes come up with, I love it. Reading her books makes believe that there are great guys out in the world waiting for their other half to find them. (Yes, I'm a romantic. Sue me.) What I loved about the first story, The Way to a Man's Heart, was that the character's age difference didn't matter to them. And no one judge them! In the second story, Hasty Wedding, the main ...more
Idania M
Sep 12, 2016 Idania M rated it it was amazing
Meghan O'Day and Grey Carlyle are different as night and day, they share a love for literature. She is a waitress and he's a professor. Meghan feels inferior to him because she doesn't have a lot of education. could the love they feel about each other be enough.
the second story is about Reed Tonasket and Claire Gilroy. Reed loved Claire when they were young but he is Native American and she is white. but years later when they attend a friend's wedding everything changes between them. Debbie Maco
Reen Graham
Mar 04, 2014 Reen Graham rated it it was amazing
It's always wonderful to read a Macomber book. The story pulls me in immediately, the characters are so real, and I want to crawl into that book world to live there in harmony with the wonderful folks Debbie brings to life. I forget about my own problems when I read Debbie Macomber books, and I seek them out when I need an infusion of the good life. This time I especially enjoyed Hasty Wedding. Don't ever stop writing for us, Debbie :) I especially loved the waitress story. I don't have a degree ...more
namericanwordcat
There are lots of things I liked about this book. I love that both characters love literature. They are huge bookworms. They even bicker about writers. lol.

I love the heroine's family. I love how both characters grow.

However, the romance didn't work for me. Not because the couple didn't have chemistry, they did. None the less, every other page there was a misunderstanding. We never got any smooth time to believe they fell in love.

I ended up irrated. I hate that.
Heaven
Jan 26, 2015 Heaven rated it it was amazing
So far I loved the first story of, "The Way to a Man's Heart," nothing like a good love story about two unique people with different jobs but the same love in literature. Debbie Macomber really made me fall in love with the way these two characters Meghan and Grey were meant for eachother from the start and just needed to go through what we all call life to finally realize it was meant to be in the end. ❤ ...more
Camandwmm
Nov 09, 2015 Camandwmm rated it liked it
A Man's Heart is a nice love story of two people with different backgrounds. She is a waitress and he is a
college professor. She feels inferior to him because of her lack of education. They have some obsticles to overcome. Basically a fun book to read.
A Hasty Wedding was a fun book too. A couple being married in Vegas with their best man and maid of honor. The maid of honor and bestman get caught up with the ceremony and hastily marry. But not happily ever after.
Cindy
Aug 12, 2014 Cindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
What happens when a waitress with a love of literature falls for a literature professor at a local college. Sparks ignite in this wonderful story: A Man's Heart. Unfortunately, the second story, Hasty Wedding did not work for me. A librarian falls for the town outcast, and things heat up quickly. For me, it was a little two quickly, as this story centered on instant love with little character development.
Shannon
Apr 13, 2014 Shannon rated it liked it
This is two stories in one book. The stories were written in 1989 and 1993. I guess that explains why they are not as good as I expected. They are both good, sweet stories. Although "The Way to a Man's Heart" (89) is much better than "Hasty Wedding" (93), so maybe the timing does not hold up as an explanation. But in general the two stories are good and a nice read.
Moey17
Mar 01, 2014 Moey17 rated it liked it
Two sappy, mindless, happily-ever-after reads! These were fine, but my issue with Macombers early works are that they don't hold after so many years. The heroine's are weak, the heroes usually romantic stereotypes. I still read them, because I've enjoyed her later romances, but my expectations aren't very high when it's a repackaged reprint. Only good for quick and easy brain-candy.
Hope
Jun 12, 2014 Hope rated it it was amazing
I have always enjoyed Debbie Macomber's books and these two were no exception! :-) I had not read either of these and I greatly enjoyed both of them. It's hard to choose between a literature professor and a Native American artist, I could happily marry either one! ;-)
Hope
Jul 12, 2014 Hope rated it it was amazing
Jeanne
Aug 07, 2014 Jeanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A couple of good little romance stories. The Way to a Man's Heart was about a waitress and a college professor. Hasty Wedding was about a librarian and a totem pole carver. Both were an easy read with predictable endings. Didn't have to think much, just enjoy the read.
Kelly
Feb 20, 2014 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: already-read
Broke into two stories the first one is about a waitress who falls for her professor. The second about a women who falls for a native American and marries him in Vegas. I felt the stories were drawn out too much and was not one of my favorites of Debbie's books.
Mary
Feb 13, 2014 Mary rated it it was amazing
Great book by Debbie in her early days.
Sandy Forman-Johnson
Apr 22, 2014 Sandy Forman-Johnson rated it it was amazing
Debbie Macomber is a great author. this 2 for 1 was hard to put down. I thoroughly enjoyed both stories. Keep em coming
Nina
Feb 24, 2014 Nina rated it liked it
Liked the premise of the novel, but the characters were too goody-goody. This was one of this prolific author's earlier works and you could tell.
Judy Stasiak
Mar 11, 2014 Judy Stasiak rated it really liked it
Sort of typical, but a few surprises along the way.
Michelle
May 20, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I have read the first story so far, I thought it was very sweet and romantic, Just started reading hasty wedding will send another review soon!!!
Deborah Vespo
Jun 03, 2014 Deborah Vespo rated it really liked it
Two stories that both reminded me of why I love Debbie Macomber. Wonderful book!!!
Debbie Hoover
Enjoyed both books
Maria
Mar 14, 2014 Maria rated it it was amazing
I enjoy Debbie Macomber's books. This is a reprint of two of her earlier books and I have to say that I really enjoyed them.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: That Special Woman!
Vicki Melendez
May 05, 2014 Vicki Melendez rated it it was amazing
loved these 2 books couldnt wait to read them lol couldnt put the book down lol
Liza
Aug 01, 2014 Liza rated it did not like it
I did not finish this book because it is two novels in one book.
Vikki
Mar 08, 2014 Vikki rated it liked it
More description then story, yet thought it was pretty good.
Maria
Maria rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2014
  • What's Cooking? (Rose Cottage Sisters, #2)
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Café (Gingerbread Café, #3)
  • The Accidental Scot (Kilts and Quilts, #4)
  • The World's Greatest Love Letters
  • Half Moon Harbor (Bachelors of Blueberry Cove, #2)
  • Witch Weigh
  • Find My Way Home (Harmony Homecomings, #1)
  • A Day Away: One Summer / Temptation
  • The Accidental Bride (Summer Island #2)
  • Wrestling the Hulk: My Life Against the Ropes
  • Brides of the West: Josie's Wedding Dress\Last Minute Bride\Her Ideal Husband
  • The Lady Lies (Lady Spies, #1)
  • All Out of Love (Cupid, Texas, #2)
  • Come a Little Closer (Tucker Family, #3)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...