A Man's Heart: The Way to a Man's Heart\Hasty Wedding

A Man's Heart: The Way to a Man's Heart\Hasty Wedding

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  25 reviews
www.DebbieMacomber.com

There's an old saying about the way to a man's heart

Meghan O'Day and Grey Carlyle couldn't be more different. He's a sophisticated professor of literature; she's a waitress with a high-school education and a love of the classics. He returns time and again to the diner where she works—and it's not just for the coffee and pie! Or even...more
Published January 28th 2014 by Harlequin MIRA

To ask other readers questions about A Man's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Man's Heart

TayteH
Like all of Debbie Macomber's books, I loved this one. While some may not appreciate some of the cheesy romance Debbie may sometimes come up with, I love it. Reading her books makes believe that there are great guys out in the world waiting for their other half to find them. (Yes, I'm a romantic. Sue me.) What I loved about the first story, The Way to a Man's Heart, was that the character's age difference didn't matter to them. And no one judge them! In the second story, Hasty Wedding, the main...more
Helen Gaye Brewster
This was another Goodwill paperback find, and I bought it because I'd enjoyed "74 Seaside Avenue," which is part of the author's Cedar Cove series. The author clearly states at the beginning that this book is a Valentine's Day edition of two of her early romance stories. And, her writing has improved since those days because this wasn't nearly as good as the other book that I read by her.

The two stories are easy to enjoy if you like sweet, happy-ending romances! They were a little too light for...more
Michelle Haugen
I enjoyed the stories. However, I thought that all the characters were too self-sacrificing. So they were good but not as good as the usual Debbie Macomber books I have read.
Cindy
What happens when a waitress with a love of literature falls for a literature professor at a local college. Sparks ignite in this wonderful story: A Man's Heart. Unfortunately, the second story, Hasty Wedding did not work for me. A librarian falls for the town outcast, and things heat up quickly. For me, it was a little two quickly, as this story centered on instant love with little character development.
Shannon
This is two stories in one book. The stories were written in 1989 and 1993. I guess that explains why they are not as good as I expected. They are both good, sweet stories. Although "The Way to a Man's Heart" (89) is much better than "Hasty Wedding" (93), so maybe the timing does not hold up as an explanation. But in general the two stories are good and a nice read.
namericanwordcat
There are lots of things I liked about this book. I love that both characters love literature. They are huge bookworms. They even bicker about writers. lol.

I love the heroine's family. I love how both characters grow.

However, the romance didn't work for me. Not because the couple didn't have chemistry, they did. None the less, every other page there was a misunderstanding. We never got any smooth time to believe they fell in love.

I ended up irrated. I hate that.
Jeanne
A couple of good little romance stories. The Way to a Man's Heart was about a waitress and a college professor. Hasty Wedding was about a librarian and a totem pole carver. Both were an easy read with predictable endings. Didn't have to think much, just enjoy the read.
Hope
I have always enjoyed Debbie Macomber's books and these two were no exception! :-) I had not read either of these and I greatly enjoyed both of them. It's hard to choose between a literature professor and a Native American artist, I could happily marry either one! ;-)
Michelle
I have read the first story so far, I thought it was very sweet and romantic, Just started reading hasty wedding will send another review soon!!!
Nina
Liked the premise of the novel, but the characters were too goody-goody. This was one of this prolific author's earlier works and you could tell.
Maria Isabel
I enjoy Debbie Macomber's books. This is a reprint of two of her earlier books and I have to say that I really enjoyed them.
Kelly Cardwell
Broke into two stories the first one is about a waitress who falls for her professor. The second about a women who falls for a native American and marries him in Vegas. I felt the stories were drawn out too much and was not one of my favorites of Debbie's books.
Reen Graham
It's always wonderful to read a Macomber book. The story pulls me in immediately, the characters are so real, and I want to crawl into that book world to live there in harmony with the wonderful folks Debbie brings to life. I forget about my own problems when I read Debbie Macomber books, and I seek them out when I need an infusion of the good life. This time I especially enjoyed Hasty Wedding. Don't ever stop writing for us, Debbie :) I especially loved the waitress story. I don't have a degree...more
Deborah Vespo
Two stories that both reminded me of why I love Debbie Macomber. Wonderful book!!!
Sandy Forman-Johnson
Debbie Macomber is a great author. this 2 for 1 was hard to put down. I thoroughly enjoyed both stories. Keep em coming
Vikki
More description then story, yet thought it was pretty good.
Lisa Wakefield
quick read. got through each story in one sitting.
Judy Stasiak
Sort of typical, but a few surprises along the way.
Mary
Great book by Debbie in her early days.
Vicki Melendez
loved these 2 books couldnt wait to read them lol couldnt put the book down lol
Debbie Hoover
Enjoyed both books
Hope
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: That Special Woman!
Liza
I did not finish this book because it is two novels in one book.
Debbie Pierson
Both were good. These are some of Debbie's early stories but they were still great to read.
Dena
Dena is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2014
Ani Gonzalez
Ani Gonzalez is currently reading it
Aug 25, 2014
Shada
Shada added it
Aug 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)