Start by marking “Going Twice (Forces of Nature, #2)” as Want to Read:
Going Twice (Forces of Nature, #2)

Going Twice (Forces of Nature #2)

New York Times bestselling author Sharon Sala enters the eye of the maelstrom as death and disaster stalk Tornado Alley—aided by an obsessive madman.

As bodies pile up in the wake of a storm—stripped, tortured and grimly posed—authorities must admit the unthinkable. The serial killer dubbed the Stormchaser has returned following a tornado and taken it upon himself to bring
Published January 28th 2014 by Harlequin MIRA

To ask other readers questions about Going Twice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going Twice

Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in the Forces of Nature series by Sharon Sala. This is a continuing story from book one. Book one introduced the three FBI agents working on the Stormchaser case. The villain managed to escape and it was hoped that he didn't survive but he did. Wade Luckett's ex-wife, also a FBI agent, Jo, is assigned to help with the case. Wade and Jo are forced to face each other and realize they still had feelings for each other.

Another story where the romance was a bit too easy and convenien
Jane Stewart
Aug 22, 2015 Jane Stewart rated it it was ok
2 stars. Not that good. And the ending did not feel good.

The Series:
This is book 2 in the Forces of Nature series. The same bad guy Hershel is in all three books. He is after a different woman in each book. The three women are the love interests of the three FBI agents trying to catch Hershel. The bad guy finally gets caught in book 3, so there is a cliffhanger in the first two books. Each book has a happy ending for the couple. The first book was good, but I was disappointed with books 2 and 3
Sonya Heaney
Mar 19, 2014 Sonya Heaney rated it did not like it
More information HERE .

This book has no conclusion. It's a book about a serial killer who isn't caught - and wasn't caught in the previous book, either. Genre fiction has some "rules" authors should follow in order to create a decent book. This author violated them. One star.
Margreet Asselbergs
Jan 29, 2014 Margreet Asselbergs rated it it was amazing

My rating: 4.5 of 5

It wasn't a complete surprise to FBI agent, Wade Luckett, when after a few years of silence the activities of the infamous "Stormchaser" started up again. When the butchered bodies were found after this last devastating tornado, Wade and the two other members of his investigative team were called in to once again head up the investigation to bring down this elusive serial killer. The unexpected addition of a fourth member to their team
Leanne
Nov 22, 2013 Leanne rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Sharon Sala, this author has a way with words she weaves descriptions like a spider weaves a web; with true perfection. This is book two in the series "Forces of Nature". Book one in the series is called "Going Once". A great series with a thrilling aspect in each one.

FBI investigators are trying to figure out who the serial killer "StormChaser" is. A conniving killer who kills survivors from natural disasters. Agent Wade was onc4e married to Agent Jo and they are thrown to
Ann
Dec 26, 2013 Ann rated it really liked it
Sharon Sala is one of my favorite authors. This series featuring FBI agents, Wade and Jo, is very violent and intense. If you like thrillers this is the perfect read for you. The characters are very real and the killer is very believable. This is the second in the series and by the ending it's obvious there is a third on the way.
Bigedsgirl1
I became a fan of Ms. Sala's writing after reading the 1st book in her Forces of Nature trilogy, Going Once, and I was equally impressed with this 2nd addition, Going Twice. Wade Luckett and his ex-wife Jo Luckett, both FBI agents, are assigned to the same case and the serial killer they are tracking, targets Jo. The backstory given for the reason behind the breakup of their marriage, adds a poignant aspect to this action packed romantic suspense story. I heartily recommend books 1 and 2 of this ...more
Starr Gardinier
Jul 09, 2014 Starr Gardinier rated it liked it
“Going Twice” by Sharon Sala

Death and destruction are everywhere. Tornados and storms hit with a vengeance and many lose their lives. But there are those who survive only to be pulled from the wreckage and killed by a madman. Hershel, the Stormchaser, is out to make everyone pay for the death of his wife Louise. Help didn’t come quick enough when the horrible storms hit and they were stuck on the roof of their ravaged home. Louise died. Hershel blames the government and everyone who didn’t come
Rhonda
Feb 27, 2014 Rhonda rated it really liked it
4 STARs

Going Twice is the middle book of three. I did not read Going Once but I would like too now. It can stand alone but you will want to read the next book too. The story is good. Lots of drama, action, and even romance. A few sex scenes that I skipped over.
Main plot is a serial killer is on the loose called Stromchaser. He follows natural disasters targeting survivors and killing them. He taunts the 3 FBI Agents.
In Going Twice a fourth agent is assigned to the team. Is Jo Luckett. She is Wad
Jan Sikes
Jul 30, 2014 Jan Sikes rated it really liked it
Sharon Sala is without a doubt, one of my favorite authors of all time. I thought this second book of the Forces of Nature series, would be predictable. I couldn't have been more wrong! Just when I thought I had things figured out, another twist would come along.

Three FBI agents have been tracking a demented serial killer called the Stormchaser for a couple of years now. Just when they think they have him cornered, he manages to slip through their fingers and disappear, leaving them frustrated a
Alicia
Jan 13, 2014 Alicia rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book in the Forces of Nature series. The author is able to put you into the character's lives right from page one. The heroine Jo is an FBI investigator that is assigned to the task force searching for a serial killer dubbed the Stormchaser. One little hitch, Jo's ex-husband is on the team as well. How can Jo face Wade when she is still sure that he blames her for their marriage ending as well as the death of their baby. However despite the awkwardness that exists, Jo works ...more
Hayzbaw
Nov 20, 2013 Hayzbaw rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book in this series and was very privileged and excited to read a pre-release copy of this second book.
Man this bad guy is like a cat with 9 lives he has a lot of luck, the good guys really need to kill or catch him already. I found this second book didn’t have as much action as the first; it was more of a drama. This story revolved around the reconciliation of the main characters Wade and Jo and the background story was them trying to catch the serial killer. There is a major
Christa
Jul 24, 2016 Christa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-arc
I am really enjoying this series that focuses on a serial killer who preys upon storm victims. The three male FBI agents who are working the case are all very likeable, appealing characters. In Going Twice, we see another member added to the FBI team. Agent Wade Luckett's ex wife, Jo, is sent to become part of the investigation in this book. The two were torn apart by tragedy, and now that they are working together, they have a second chance to face one another and figure out what went wrong. ...more
Deb
Feb 16, 2014 Deb rated it it was amazing
I am never disappointed with books by one of the best romantic suspense writers around! ... So many twists and turns and great descriptions make you feel like you are there in the story while sitting on the edge of your seat :o ... This 2nd book in the Forces of Nature trilogy is so great it just keeps the pages turning but leaves you dreading the end and then wanting more! ... I read this in 4 sittings whenever I could, in one day within 12 hours, not wanting to put it down when I had to :o ... ...more
Janet
Feb 12, 2014 Janet rated it really liked it
No one does Suspense Romance better than Sharon Sala. This is the second in her Forces of Nature series, but it stands alone just fine. It was so tightly plotted that I found myn self reading way too late into the night. I was fascinated by the serial killer premise, and the thrills just kept coming. The second chance at love for the main characters was compelling and romantic. The romance and the suspense were balanced. The pacing was of course, fast, the dialogue appropriate to characters and ...more
Mcfree
Apr 06, 2014 Mcfree rated it liked it
I really like Sala, and I kinda liked this book. It is part of a duo. It begins in medias res, and leaves me out in the wings or buried under the stage. The characters are introduced as though we should already know them. It alludes to other books she's written including using old characters, though it is not presented as being part of that series.

So, I guess that's my beef. I started out a little lost and never really caught up.

Warning: ending discussed, kinda :

The ending just stopped without r
Cardyn Brooks
Harlequin Books
"This story keeps up the whirlwind pace of the first book and adds another agent to the mix. The estranged couple doesn't dance around their differences, and their reconciliation works smoothly into the team dynamic. Meanwhile, the cat-and-mouse game with the stormchaser is exciting and nerve-wracking. It's fascinating to watch as he devolves in his behavior. Going Twice does not disappoint." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Forces of Nature, book two
Angela
May 02, 2014 Angela rated it liked it
Continuing a few months from where the first book left off we're introduced to a new main character named Jo and the previous FBI team members from the first book. It was nice to see Wade get the girl he loves back and that things are working well for Tate and Nola. I wasn't surprised by the ending the last member of the FBI team needs to get his lady love so hopefully that'll happen in the next book and Herschel will either end up dead or jailed.
Cyndi
Apr 04, 2014 Cyndi rated it liked it
I always find that the middle book of a trilogy is just OK. Particularly in this go-round from Sharon Sala about a serial killer who comes out to play during natural disasters. The characters move along a little bit but nothing is solved. I know it is supposed to make me hungry for that third book however, this time I kind of just wanted the story to end here. I'm wondering if the third book will feel tedious?
Feb 17, 2014 Sarah rated it liked it
Book #2 of series. This one was a little better than the first. There is more action and the pace is faster. The romance is still a little lacking, but it's an ok book. Having said that, this one is not on par with what I've come to expect from Mrs. Sala. She's one of my favorites and this book just seemed a little flat when compared with her previous works. It sets up well for the third installment of the series.
Peggy
May 30, 2016 Peggy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finised-books
What a book what a sears man book one was really good but this one tops it off bet book three is better but I really like Sharon sala books she can weave a pen and create a story that has you ohh and awning and holding your breath and this was one of those books but please read the first one before you read this one or you will be lost.
Awesome book from start to finish a must read.
Janet
A friend gave me this book. Once I read the comments and realized there would be no conclusion even though this is a book about a serial killer, I decided this would not be for me. My friend confirmed the fact that there is no good conclusion. Thanks to Goodreads I won't be wasting my time on this one!
Wendy
Dec 26, 2014 Wendy rated it liked it
I usually like series, but it guess this one wasn't for me. After a disappointing 1st book in the series, I decided to give book 2 a chance, it wasn't much better. Not even going to waste my time with the third. The plot is good, it's just as if the characters aren't "real", you never really get to know anything about them or their relationships.
Jackie O'Donnell
Great book! What can I say but sooooooo good. I cant wait for the next book in the series! Sharon you have me hooked and also a forever book lover of yours. I beg you to please start writing the 3rd book if you haven't yet. I definitely will be checking out your other book series. Thank you again for such a great read!
Peggy Sinden
Reading these books so close together really ties up the loose ends. But, will the storm catcher ever be caught. Sharon Sala really knows how to write in order to keep her readers interested and on to the next book of the force to nature trilogy.
Susan
Feb 12, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it
One of my favourite authors and this second installment in the Forces of Nature trilogy certainly didnt disappoint. Fast paced with mystery a hint of romance and some tension and murder thrown into the mix. Looking forward to seeing just how this story finally ends.
Cinsai Hola
Aug 12, 2014 Cinsai Hola rated it liked it
I adore Sharon Sala, but while I like this trilogy, I'm not as invested as I usually am with her stories. That could be all me and the myriad of crazy things happening in my life, but it is what it is. Good characters and a premise, I'll continue to read her!
Katie Fink
I love love love this series! Sharon Sala really is the master of romantic suspense. I'll recommend this book to any reader of romantic suspense, mysteries about serial killers, and fans of the show Criminal Minds.
Deborah
Jul 08, 2015 Deborah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Get this guy already.

Please someone appended this guy. I love this story, but I want this crazy killer in jail or dead. Can't wait till the 3rd book. This is the 4th book by Sharon Sala and I love the way she creates her characters.
  • Innocent Prey (Brown and De Luca, #3)
  • Badlands (Aftershock, #3)
  • The Perfect Lie
  • Pure Heat (Firehawks, #1)
  • Broslin Bride: Gone and Done it (Broslin Creek, #5)
  • Honeymoon To Die For (Slye Temp #2)
  • Against the Edge (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #8)
  • My Everything
  • In Close (Bulletproof, #3)
  • Sterling (Zodius #2)
  • Hell for Leather (Black Knights Inc., #6)
  • Beautiful Girl
  • Of Love & Deception
  • Critical Pursuit (Critical Pursuit, #1)
  • Hunted
  • Abandoned: Sail Away\Million Dollar Baby
  • No Ordinary Man

Biography

Sharon Sala is a long-time member of RWA, as well as a member of OKRWA. She has 100 plus books in print, published in five different genres – Romance, Young Adult, Western, Fiction, and Women’s Fiction. First published in 1991, she’s an eight-time RITA finalist, winner of the Janet Dailey Award, five-time Career Achievement winner from RT Magazine, five time winner of the National Reader
More about Sharon Sala...

Forces of Nature (3 books)
  • Going Once (Forces of Nature, #1)
  • Going Gone (Forces of Nature, #3)