Start by marking “Great Minds Think Alike (Big Nate)” as Want to Read:
Great Minds Think Alike (Big Nate)

Great Minds Think Alike (Big Nate: Comics)

Two heads are better than one, except when they're crashing into each other! But that won't prevent Big Nate and his pals from hatching great ideas for fun.

Nate Wright is a wisecracking 11-year-old who knows he's destined for greatness. The star of Big Nate, the daily and Sunday comic strip that made its debut in 1991, Nate's a sixth-grade chess prodigy, a self-described g
Published April 1st 2014 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Great Minds Think Alike, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Great Minds Think Alike

Claire Scott
GROSS. I've never actually read any of the Big Nate books before this, despite (or perhaps because) of the fact that they go like hotcakes in my library. My coworker read this as part of her SRP prize booktalking stash and reported back that Nate was "kind of a douche." True story. I just read the whole thing and I'm feeling... honestly, kind of queasy.

This book feels like such a bizarre throwback, a basically nonstop* festival of unquestioning misogyny. I read this during the same week of the
Ave Moore
The Funniest One Yet! One Big Criticism, though...

The Funniest One Yet! One Big Criticism, though...

Big Nate has never failed to impress me. All of the books are downright hilarious, and this was no exception. Francis and Teddy are the perfect additions to Nate's crazy antics, and other characters like Jenny, Gina, and Chester just add to the humor and cleverness. So, with that said, this would have been a five-star review if not for one thing that continuously occurs in Big Nate books: Lincoln
Alex Tenorio
Nov 16, 2014 Alex Tenorio rated it it was amazing
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS BEST BOOK AWARD GOES TO THIS BOOK THIS IS THE BEST BOOK IN THE HISTORY OF BOOKS.
I have to say myself I am impressed because I normally hate reading but this book gets me hooked when I just read the first panel. I hope more books like these big nate books come out soon because then reading will be a very fun experience for me.
Ryan
Oct 25, 2016 Ryan rated it it was amazing
It was like always a good graphic novel book
Joshua H
Summary:
This book is about a kid named Nate who cannot wait for summer break. He always gets detentions by hit his teacher with different things. He gets like two each week. He doesn’t care if he has one. His parents don’t even care. I don’t think the even know he gets them.
During summer break he came up with a lawn mowing company. He started it and a few weeks later he stopped in the middle of the lawn because he was getting to hot. He wouldn’t even finished the lawn. He made the owner finish i
Ella
Mar 20, 2015 Ella rated it liked it
The book I just finished reading is called Big Nate Great Minds Think Alike by Lincoln Peirce. Its a realistic fiction book with 218 pages in it.

The main character is Nate Wright, who is a trouble maker.

At first Nate was in school, well at the last day of school. He ordered a new magazine, took it home, and his dad wouldn’t let him read it, so he got a summer job mowing lawns. Nate was trying to have a great summer, but that turned into a bust. Summer flew by Nate and his best friends really qui
NaomiRuth
Jun 09, 2014 NaomiRuth rated it it was ok
Shelves: ir, bwob
Honestly? This book is not one I would feel comfortable giving to a 8-12 year old boy. While there were definitely moments I enjoyed (the ones with the weather man being a highlight) there were just too many uncomfortable moments. Nate is mean. Like, cruel mean. He's insensitive. He's un-intelligent in a way that is not endearing. He's disrespectful to his dad (there is role reversal happening which is never healthy in a parent-child relationship). The Femme Fatality run made me very disturbed. ...more
Elliot Basso
Sep 12, 2016 Elliot Basso rated it really liked it
I finished this book on may 15 2016. I liked this book because it is in like comic sections and the are not all the same and they are super funny. This is one of the best books I liked this book so much that I decided to read the all I am only on the second. I wish that they hand like millions of books. I recommended this book to any one how likes comics that are funny.
Joella www.cinjoella.com
This is another collection of comics that are put together to make a loose story arc of Big Nate’s life over the course of about a year. Since it is mostly comics put together in a book, most pages have the basic four-panel comic with the punchline in the fourth panel. Sometimes the comics next to each other can be put together to create more of a continuous story. Other times a comic’s subject changes from one page to another only to come back to a vague overarching theme once again. Sometimes ...more
Dornel Cerro
That mischievous boy with a winning personality is back in a new compilation of colorful comic strips called Big Nate: Great Minds Think Alike (Amp! Comics for Kids/Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2014, $9.99 paperback, Ages 8-12). Nate has a lot of big ideas for fun and achieving greatness and tries his hand at Sudoku, life skills coaching, painting, business, and a world record holder of anything (the only record he holds is for detention).

Big Nate fans will be pleased to see favorite characters fr
Samantha
Apr 12, 2014 Samantha rated it really liked it
Laugh out loud funny! Nate's unique approach to life seems to be forever at odds with the perspectives of his friends and family which leads to many humorous conclusions.

My favorite sections were the ones in which Nate tormented the local weatherman concerning his predictions, name, title, and anything else he dreamed up. Also great were the comics in which Nate offers his services to his neighbors in landscaping (aka mowing) their lawns. He talks about his work as professionally as an adult mig
Jackie
Nate, with his inflated opinion of himself, his way with words, and his dislike of his teacher, Mrs. Gaffney, is in for another eventful year in school. This year, though, Mrs. Gaffney is taking a five month sabbatical, much to Nate's delight.

All his friends and arch-enemies are back for more fun and laughter as Great Minds Think Alike fills the reader in on his comical way through 6th grade. Yikes! Can Nate get into any more trouble? Kids are sure to love this graphic format with its humorous
Countryside Sixes
Feb 23, 2015 Countryside Sixes rated it it was amazing
This comic is great! The comic is funny and has nice illustrations. The character I disliked most in the story is Jenny, I have no idea why! I think Amp Comics (people who made the comic) should make more Big Nate comics. My favourite part in the book was when Miss Godfrey went on sabbatical because she is another character I disliked. I would recommend this book to people who like Diary Of A Wimpy Kid.
Sean Torres
Jan 05, 2016 Sean Torres rated it it was amazing
This is a good book, it is one of my favorite books. One thing that I like is that in this book it is full color. Another thing I like is the characters. All of the characters make me laugh especially Nate. He make me laugh because he is the one that doesnt do his homework, and it is funny when he tells his friends. Also, his classmates act like it is in real life, and it is cool when act like a real school
Katie Lawrence
This was my first Big Nate book! My students have been reading them and loving them for years, so I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about. I thought this was very funny and many aspects of the comic strips rang true with real middle schoolers experiences. I was particularly amused by Nate's attempts to flirt with girls as well as many of the comments and reactions from Nate's teachers about his behavior (so much of it reminded me of me and my coworkers!). Overall a quick, funny read.
Summer
Aug 26, 2016 Summer rated it it was ok
Big Nate is kind of an asshole. I realize most comic strip characters are, and I think it's funny that's what makes them funny to us. If Big Nate were a real kid in a real school, I'm pretty sure people would hate him.

That being said. I probably would have liked this better as a kid. I can't relate with it as well as an adult. It was so-so. But I see why it is so popular among grade-school students.
Meghan Peters
This book was a colorful graphic novel, not much details in the pictures I thought. I could tell where it took place, but that was it. I felt like all the pages and expressions were almost the same. This book was really hard to follow. I could not keep up with the book. I would recommend this book to students who like disorder and to boys because I felt they would understand this book more.
Robert Badeer
May 05, 2014 Robert Badeer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible hajj ok I we q. :/ w is no who will is iBook castaways we'll sass Simms iBook

hereundermsmsjwjjsjsjjsjsjdkjdjdjdj

Jim hajj smash was wood June buns behind when sheindnhnenhbbhwb :/ b Bibb :/ j. :/ :/ k bhj

Kimberly
First Big Nate book that I've read. I enjoyed the diversity of the characters and some of the storylines were rather amusing. However I found the majority of the storylines to be mean-spirited and sexist.
GIZAW YEWAYDEMAM
So very very very very very funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to read this book it's so funny. I can't wait to read the next book ! But of course I'm not going to tell you what happened in the book your going to have to read the book by yourself!!!!!!!
Colin
May 16, 2015 Colin added it
Great Minds Think Alike By Lincoln Peirce. This book was 218 pages long. The main character was Nate Wright. He loves to get into trouble. I recommend this book for comic loves.
Rebecca
Jul 12, 2014 Rebecca rated it liked it
This was all right. The beginning was not as funny, but I found the last third to be more what I remembered from reading Big Nate in the comic pages.
Kschineller
Jun 15, 2014 Kschineller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

It's good in a way of mild comedy with your star... Nate and his friends Teddy and Francis in their adventures
Toby
Nov 27, 2014 Toby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

A Good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good comic book U SHOULD READ IT
Omar beidak
Oct 30, 2015 Omar beidak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Noice

Loved it best trading book ever like seriously best book ever common got 8 words left Hadassah Moe love hoe
Kerry
Mar 29, 2016 Kerry rated it did not like it
Read with my 7yo son. I've read the first 3 volumes of Big Nate books, all of which were cute, but this one was painful to get through.
Coop Library
Good book

Good book recommended for 13-15 year old sometimes repetitive otherwise a great laugh for a bit of humour
Dini Amanda
Mar 25, 2015 Dini Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Don't really like it. I prefer Nate being obnoxiously innocent, not annoyingly craving for girls, yuwh.
Uloma Airhienbuwa
This book was ok

I kind of liked it and it was ok just that I do not like the way it is not all in one story from just the comics
Leslie Schwartz
Feb 23, 2016 Leslie Schwartz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Big Nate

Great book for 8 and up love the comedy and jokes I think this is a five star book #
  • Ariol #1: Just a Donkey Like You and Me
  • Lunch Lady and the Schoolwide Scuffle (Lunch Lady, #10)
  • Mal and Chad: Belly Flop! (Mal and Chad, #3)
  • Game On! (Squish, #5)
  • The Dragon Players (Knights Of The Lunch Table, #2)
  • Garfield Lard of the Jungle: His 52nd Book
  • The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Fishy Business
  • Clueless McGee
  • Sanitized for Your Protection (Timmy Failure, #4)
  • Bird & Squirrel on the Edge!
  • The Great Pet Escape
  • Guinness World Records 2015 Gamer's Edition
  • Houston, You Have a Problem: A FoxTrot Collection
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Mecha Monkeys from Mars (Ricky Ricotta, #4)
  • Mr. Pants: It's Go Time!
Lincoln Peirce is a cartoon artist from Portland, Maine. He lives with his wife and two children, and occasionally gives lectures to students about cartoon creating. Peirce writes the comic strip "Big Nate". Peirce's comic strip, Big Nate, is featured as an island on the famous children's website, Poptropica. Big Nate appears as the first cartoon on The Maine Sunday Telegram in the comics section. ...more
More about Lincoln Peirce...

Big Nate: Comics (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Add More Babes! (Big Nate Comics)
  • I Smell A Pop Quiz!: A Big Nate Book
  • Big Nate: From the Top
  • Out Loud (Big Nate)
  • Big Nate and Friends
  • Big Nate: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
  • Here Goes Nothing (Big Nate)
  • Big Nate Makes the Grade
  • All Work and No Play: A Collection of Sundays (Big Nate)
  • Genius Mode (Big Nate)