Start by marking “Reluctant Alpha (Love Slaves of the Alphas #4)” as Want to Read:
Reluctant Alpha (Love Slaves of the Alphas #4)

Reluctant Alpha (Love Slaves of the Alphas #4)

Handsome, young Kai is living a lie. On Scythia, male children are “rejected” so his mother, the queen, hid his true sex all his life. On this planet of Amazon-like women, he’s been able to hide out, but his mother needs to get him safely away from the planet, arranging a marriage to the powerful Lycan alpha. Lucas likes men but is being pressured to find a female and have ...more
Published July 4th 2013 by Secret Cravings Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Reluctant Alpha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reluctant Alpha

Maya
Jul 18, 2013 Maya rated it liked it
2.5 Stars Dick. Dick. Dick. Lucas is a dick and not in the wonderfully hot way.
Lilia Ford
Strange, dissonant reading experience. I actually found the working out of the (obligatory) mistrust and misunderstandings between the MCs to be more insightful and subtle than I've found in West's books before--or than you often see in shifter stories. Lucas is pretty dreadful to Kai, but the psychological motivations and feelings of each were really well-done, enough that I'd even call them realistic.

My main problem with the book was with the depiction of the Scythians which felt like some ki
Shannon
Jul 16, 2013 Shannon rated it really liked it
Such an interesting blurb. A boy raised as a girl then put up for marriage as a girl! Lucas is the head of the Lycan family in this series and figured out things pretty quickly. And poor Kai not knowing anything about sex or boys, always believing he was defective somehow. Sad. I'm having a great time here! Next!!
Crouck
Oct 05, 2013 Crouck rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf

**Spoilers, I guess.

WOW. This series has been one big clusterfuck, but Jesus Christ.

So, Kai is surrounded by a bunch of Lycans. He's just been taken from his home and his mother (the only person who has ever loved him). Lucas, the guy he's just been forced to marry is a raging psychopath who slammed Kai against a wall earlier, hard enough to draw blood. So yes, Kai has blood streaming down the back of his neck. That's the state he's in.

In this scene, on the ship--he attempts suicide. Not 'thi
Ayanna
Sep 04, 2013 Ayanna rated it it was ok
*squint* I've seen this cover before.

And HOLY SHIT. THAT'S JUST CREEPY. I'm fairly certain this matchmaker lady has the exact same name as the illegal slave brothel fat lady from the last book. "Mistress Katya"?
Either way, prolly not a great idea to use that name.

And then the windiga? Really? Do you really want to allude to wendigos in household pet animals? Apparently, yes.

They're both really horrid to each other, and it relies extremely heavily on the Poor Communication Kills trope, but it's c
Lorraine Lesar
Sep 05, 2013 Lorraine Lesar rated it it was amazing
"Princess Kai" lives on a planet where boy babies are not tolerated and given to the "godess". Meanwhile, Alpha Lucas does not want, but needs a mate to secure his leadership and produce a heir. The trouble with this though, is that he prefers men and there is also the problem of a ancient curse placed on his line to think of as well!

Through a matchmaker (like the way the author portrays her as very clever and sooooo scheming in getting what she wants), Princess Kai is matched with Lucas. After
Moonlite_Reader
Jun 28, 2014 Moonlite_Reader rated it liked it
This is the book I was waiting the longest to get to. I loved Kai thru and thru. The fact he could pass as a woman but was ALL man and always fought back was awesome. The first scene was a little intense with the physically fighting back and forth and Lucas almost fckin him right there as Kai was bleeding.

But I couldn't stand the way Lucas acted. Like he was deceived beyond forgiveness when he never wanted to mate a bitch in the first place. Shit he shoulda gotten down on his knees and
Timeforme
I really enjoyed this book and thought it was an excellent continuation of the Love Slaves of the Alphas series.

On Kai's planet, men are considered defective so women only mate with men from other planets. And they only stay with those men until they get pregnant. If the baby is a boy, he is "re-assimilated" by the priestesses to be reborn as a girl. Kai was a boy whose mother, the Queen, hide his gender from everyone but her most faithful chamber women. Unfortunately, he is now an adult and he
Samantha
Jul 27, 2013 Samantha rated it it was amazing
I adored this book it was one I couldn’t put down and read it in one sitting.
From the first page to the last my attention was held and oh boy the characters are so interesting especially Kai.
The storyline is great I have to say I do struggle with SY-FI books but not this one I enjoyed every minute of this one.
I loved Kai he has lived his life as a girl always hiding who he is, as on his plant they got rid of male babies. When his mother arranges him to have a husband bare in mind everyone thinks
Anna
Sep 01, 2013 Anna rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebook-kindle, 2013
I didn't like any of the characters, mostly because they didn't feel very fleshed out. The situation was a bit too contrived for my tastes and I had a very difficult time accepting the culture on Kai's home world - mostly because it didn't make any logical sense or evolutionary sense, which made it feel as though the author put it in place just to further the story. Unfortunately, this only made the story less plausible to me and undermined the emotional impact it was probably supposed to delive ...more
Ilona
Oct 19, 2014 Ilona rated it really liked it
One of these days I will get hold of book #1 and read it. In the meantime each of these books can be read as a stand alone, even though they are a series of interconnected stories. This one was interesting in as much as one of the main characters gets brought up as a female without much knowledge of the world outside his home. The other main character really peeved me with his lack of understanding what this would mean for the guy once he was allowed to be a man. Luckily the story overall was a ...more
Lee Todd
Sep 26, 2013 Lee Todd rated it really liked it
Book 4 has an interesting spin and made for an interesting read.
Princess Kai has been living a lie all his life. Lucas is the Alpha of Lycanus 3 and is being pressured to take a mate to continue his line...even though he has no interest in women. He reluctantly agrees to the union only to find Kai is his mate. Feeling he's been played for a fool, Lucas finds it hard to trust Kai as he continues to keep secrets from him.
Misunderstandings and mistrust abounds, how will they find their HEA?
I love S
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I was not expecting to like this one as much as the others mostly because I prefer rough alpha men in my stories (because I like it really rough and that combo usually delivers a lot of tension). This was better then I expected. I liked Kai and though, at times, his innocence got a bit irritating there was rationale for it. I must confess to being a bit addicted to these books!
~SexyBookWorm~
Soooo disappointing! Lucas spends 90% of the book being horrible to Kai then on the last 2 pages they have apparently made up but we get to see NONE of it! Not to mention that we got literally one good sex scene! This is soo unlike Shannon West to give us a mediocre book. This book was about the leader of the lycuns and it was BAD. It should have been one of the best. I'm so upset!
Neko
3.5

.....There were a a lot of things that irked me... but I did love it. It's just that in the end, there were still lots of stuff left unsaid that I would have really liked to have had elaborated a bit more.
C
Oct 03, 2013 C rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm-romance, amazon
Thin plot, no character development unless you consider the development of Lucas straight into an asshole as character development.

2 stars but only because I forced myself to finish, more like 1.5. Ugh, obviously not for me.
Lizzie
Sep 15, 2013 Lizzie rated it liked it
I was hoping for more but it was about what I expected. Lucas was the typical lycan male asshole and their romance was two dimensional. They didn't interact other than sex and the mate-bond thing just didn't cut it for me this time.
~RMG
Jul 09, 2013 ~RMG rated it it was ok
Not the best read, but it did help spark my interest in the other books in this series. I'm not sure in what order I'll read them, but I will give them a try.
P.w. Rusie
P.w. Rusie rated it it was ok
Dec 31, 2015
Carol Gardner
Carol Gardner rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2013
Edwina Phillips
Edwina Phillips rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2014
Trisha
Trisha rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2013
Karolyne
Karolyne rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2013
Brandi Woods
Brandi Woods rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2015
texasmoocow
texasmoocow rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2013
Kerry
Kerry rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2014
Kenrentaisho
Kenrentaisho rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Hong Bunting
Hong Bunting rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Ege
Ege rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2016
Sade
Sade rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2015
  • Finding Frankie (Mech Warrior #1)
  • A Sheep In Wolf's Clothing (Welsh Wolves #2)
  • Bonded Broken (Thresl Chronicles #4)
  • The Runaway Cat (Cloverleah Pack #2)
  • Unconventional At Best Anthology
  • Draechen's Mate (Chronicles of the Shifter Directive #2)
  • Groom of Convenience (Scandalous Whispers of the Remmington Realm, #1)
  • Handsome Hero Wanted (Handsome Heroes #1)
  • Yearning (Green's Hill Werewolves, #1)
  • The Alpha's Captive (Nehalem Pack #1)
  • The Nik of Time (Assassin/Shifter, #17)
  • Alpha Trine (The Valespian Pact #1)
  • Crash Landing (Quads of Alpha S #1)

Love Slaves of the Alphas (6 books)
  • Most Wanted (Love Slaves of the Alphas #1)
  • The Alpha's Concubine (Love Slaves of the Alphas #2)
  • Konnor and His Omega Mate (Love Slaves of the Alphas #3)
  • Captive Wolf (Love Slaves of the Alphas #5)
  • Wolf's Bounty (Love Slaves of the Alphas, #6)